• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Hatched Tyrogue from a 5km egg. Takes 25 candy to evolve.

Appraising it told me it's defence was highest stat and it evolved into Hitmonchan which matches the main games, but that could be a coincidence.
If we need to find one with balanced attack and defence to get Hitmontop though... oh man.

More importantly, this should mean Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are gone from 10km eggs, combined with Onix, Pinsir and Scyther already in 5km there's pretty much only good stuff left.

JavyOO7

My day was already great but it got even better when at 6pm EST there were gen 2 Pokémon roaming around. Spinarak was my first one. Happy hunting to everybody!

Not

Banned
I stopped playing since the new nearby feature rolled out. It just wasn't fun for me to only know what was at PokéStops.

GAF, how do I make the most of this feature? What am I missing?

Can anyone link me to a good way to use the new tracker?

Not

Banned
Why you need a link. Just run around until there is a Pokemon you want on the nearby, klick on it, klick on the footprint symbol, game shows you the pokestop it's at, go there, catch it.

But are Pokémon only at Poké Stops now? I liked it when they could be found anywhere.

Takashi

First day of gen 2 and I found a Larvitar

Terrible stats though

Hoping Larvitar isn't as elusive as Dratini since it's still gonna take ages to walk enough just for my first Dragonite.

First day of gen 2 and I found a Larvitar

Terrible stats though

Hoping Larvitar isn't as elusive as Dratini since it's still gonna take ages to walk enough just for my first Dragonite.

How many candies? Please tell me it's not some stupid high number for my beloved Tyranitar.

HardRojo

Is there a radar I can use on iOS or my Windows laptop? Also, I found a Quilava randomly when I was on my way back home, fucker was at level 1 though :(

JavyOO7

I should have taken a picture...

I usually throw curveballs and 'great!' on a Pokemon and you'd get 160EXP. If you succeed this now in the first try you get a 'first throw' bonus giving you an additional 50 EXP. Right?

HOW IS THE GAME STILL PLAYABLE

You walk around an area enough and you'll know where all the spawn points are. That's what I do anyway. TSR on their page has a 'tracker' to help you with Pokemon that are on sightings.

https://thesilphroad.com/tracker

HardRojo

Yeah, First throw bonuses have been implemented in this update. I'll try and catch more Pokémon tomorrow. I actually saw people playing in the streets today lol, good stuff.

Replicant

Uhh guys... I just caught my first Dragonite ever tonight It was over 2000CP but... the movesets are way different than what they're supposed to be. Did they update the movesets also? I'm kinda disappointed to be honest :/

They did. Dragonites can no longer learn Dragon Claw. Not sure about Dragon Breath.

At home with my phone at 1% battery haha.

Today's results:

Caught:
5 Chikorita
4 Totodile
1 Croconaw
1 Feraligatr
13 Sentret
2 Furret
4 Hoothoot
2 Ledyba
9 Spinarak
3 Chinchou
12 Natu
4 Marill
1 Sudowoodo
3 Hoppip
1 Skiploom
8 Sunkern
3 Yanma
6 Wooper
5 Murkrow
3 Sneasel
3 Teddiursa
2 Slugma
1 Remoraid
1 Octillery

Hatched:
1 Igglybuff (2km)
1 Misdreavus (2km)
1 Tyrogue (5km)
1 Elekid (5km)

Evolved:
1 Crobat
1 Espeon
1 Umbreon

FYI melee attacks took a serious attack speed dive and you'll def feel it when prestiging. At the same time, charge attacks like Hydro Pump and Blizzard come out almost instacast so until that's fixed, get ready to dodge a lot.

Attacking is really way too slow imo, but on the flip side nearly EVERY charge move got buffed - even twister. And good lord does Solar Beam own.

Replicant

Is there a list of all the updated moveset changes?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/5uilzu/movesets_have_damage_has_been_updated/

Ghost Type:
Shadowball is now a 2 charge bar move, instead of 3 and is 100 base damage

Dragon Type:
Dragon Claw is now a 3 charge bar move
Twister is now a 3 charge bar move

Dark Type:
Dark Pulse is now a 2 charge bar move 80 base!
Crunch is a 3 charge bar move

Normal Type:
Body Slam is now a 3 charge bar move

Fighting Type:
Submission is now a 2 charge bar move
Crosschop is now a 2 charge bar move

Water Type:
Aqua Tail is now a 3 charge bar move
Water Pulse is now a 2 charge bar move, 70 power via /u/Quickly12
Scald is now a 2 charge bar move

Grass Type:
Pedal Blizzard is now a 1 charge bar move, 110 damage via /u/Berndasbrot
Power Whip is now a 2 charge bar move
Leaf Blade is now a 3 charge bar move

Physic Type:
Physic is now a 1 charge bar move
Psybeam is now a 2 charge bar move

Ground Type:
Bulldoze is now a 2 charge bar move
Dig is now a 2 charge bar move
Drill Run is now a 2 charge bar move, 80 power via /u/DbuggerS

Fairy Type:
Dazzling Gleam is now a 2 charge bar move

Steel Type:
Flash Cannon is now a 1 charge bar move

Flying Type:
Air Cutter is now a 2 charge bar move, 60 power via /u/DbuggerS
Aerial Ace is now a 3 charge bar move, 55 power via /u/DbuggerS

Rock Type:
Rock Slide is now a 2 charge bar move, 80 power via /u/imBernhard

Ice Type:
Icy Wind is now a 3 charge bar move, 60 power via /u/Joe10112

No more Twister for Gyarados from here on forward and those with Twisters, the move is now a 3-bar move.

And good lord does Solar Beam own.

Hasn't that always been the case? If I want to kill something quickly, I'll just use an Exeggutor with Solar Beam, especially if it's Snorlax or Vaporeon in my way.

Top Bottom