• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Arthos

Wow, Umbreon is absolutely awful. I evolved two Eevees with similar level and cp and gotten 1688 Espeon and 1147 Umbreon.

Espeon > Umbreon confirmed.

The naming trick works. Oh man! I'm looking forward to going out and seeing groups of trainers playing this again.

Dynasty

So what is there excuse this time, they werent expecting so much players to be interested in the game when they release a bunch of pokemon that people have been waiting on months for?

ViciousDS

Banned
HOW DO YOU BOTCH TWO LAUNCHES!!!!! holy shit this is only going to get worse again. A lot of casual players won't even know till late tonight by word of mouth and then come with weekend it's going to be insane crash and instability

Dishwalla

Banned
I don't think it's the amount of people playing that are slowing things down, not many people are aware of this besides the people that have been playing everyday for months. It's going to take more than an hour for a surge of reinterested and new people to start trying to catch the new Pokemon. Think it's the extra data being pumped through the servers to spawn the new Pokemon, it takes forever for the sprites to load right now.

zulux21

Clearly they believed all the ‘dead game’ and ‘too little, too late’ hyperbole and failed to prepare.

We have only ourselves to blame.

yeah i understand that we have a lot of people trying to log in right now... but the amount has to be well below the peak right now... so clearly they scaled back the servers once the app died down a bit and decided not to bring a bunch back in preparation for gen 2.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
just got an 1800 CP Granbull.

Not too shabby.

Man seeing like Golbat, Poliwrath evolutions needing 100 candy, after burning so much candy during the event last week.... the regret is so so real

jnWake

First Gen. 2 Pokémon!

.eJwNzNsNhSAMANBdGIBisQpuQ5AgiTxC65dx93vPAOdVz7zVoS6RwQfAWTj2eWqWPkNOOvee7xRGYR17hSAS4lVTEwYkb9eVrDPWG7-gMYBu8XbDnXbcPJJDglL_TdOjZfX9AOIIIkE.9SRxOQzxjpfVX9CeIn_TuAsp0ks

Also evolved a Golbat into Crobat. Disappointed at the low CP but Crobat is so cool.

Managed to get in for 2 minutes to catch a Spinark, and then the game took a dump. Now I can barely log in and nothing loads.

Launch week all over again!

zulux21

what are all the mons with new evolutions.
I know eevee has 2
goldbat has one
gloom has one.

any others?

I wonder if I'll see people playing at parks again.

I placed a lure and didn't see anyone for the half hour I was walking before the severs took a complete crap and it wasn't worth it anymore.

most of the people I know didn't care about gen 2 anymore.

that being said it's also just barely above freezing here right now.

jariw

yeah i understand that we have a lot of people trying to log in right now... but the amount has to be well below the peak right now... so clearly they scaled back the servers once the app died down a bit and decided not to bring a bunch back in preparation for gen 2.

There is no evidence that they scaled back the servers.

The 3D models are on the server nowadays. If people start having login issues, the server load will get gigantic from the re-logins.

zulux21

There is no evidence that they scaled back the servers.

The 3D models are on the server nowadays. If people start having login issues, the server load will get gigantic from the re-logins.

the models being server side in general is stupid :/

Mik2121

Tried playing the game after many months inactive... bunch of login errors and when I get to enter the game I lose a Totodile and something else because the servers decide to go into an endless loading loop.

Niantic never fails to surprise me. Jesus Christ, lol... they should have known people would join in again, but no, don't get your servers ready, otherwise people might enjoy the experience!

Mandelbo

Um

So I just bought some more pokemon storage and it charged me 500 coins rather than 100? Is it just a visual bug or did they really charge me five times as much as they should have?

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
ok servers are back both Scyther and Onix require a Metal Coat to evolve hopefully those are not rare to get

I also got charged 3 times for a storage purchase

JC Lately

Ok, so weirdest thing that no one is going to believe because I didn’t think to take a screen shot, but:

As soon as I saw the official tweet come in I jumped into the game and checked out the style options. None of the images was loading right, but there was a section for glasses, and when I tapped on it, another section opened up that displayed prices ranging from 60 to 400 coins, but the graphic for each items wouldn't load. I backed out and looked at the hats and tops section. Same thing happened, prices but no visible items.

Then I left the game for a bit to do some, you now, actual work, and when I returned (after restarting the app), the glasses section of the style menu was gone, along with the prices that were listed in all the other sections

IAP style options incoming?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, so weirdest thing that no one is going to believe because I didn’t think to take a screen shot, but:

As soon as I saw the official tweet come in I jumped into the game and checked out the style options. None of the images was loading right, but there was a section for glasses, and when I tapped on it, another section opened up that displayed prices ranging from 60 to 400 coins, but the graphic for each items wouldn't load. I backed out and looked at the hats and tops section. Same thing happened, prices but no visible items.

Then I left the game for a bit to do some, you now, actual work, and when I returned (after restarting the app), the glasses section of the style menu was gone, along with the prices that were listed in all the other sections

IAP style options incoming?

The options are still there for me, and are live, too.

Fedoras confirmed.

Top Bottom