• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

border

So what are the best Gen 2 Pokémon for gyms? Tyranitar, Espeon (?), who else?

Blissey is the only one that's good IMO. Tyranitar can go to a high CP so it will hold a slot, but they are terrible fighters. Espeon is an okay choice but won't have a very high CP or HP.

HardRojo

Oh yeah I totally forgot about Blissey lol.
Blissey is the only one that's good IMO. Tyranitar can go to a high CP so it will hold a slot, but they are terrible fighters. Espeon is an okay choice but won't have a very high CP or HP.
I see, so Tyranitar is good for positioning basically, Blissey is the real winner this gen. I got an 89% one with mid level CP, so I might try giving her some candies.

Firemind

TTar is a real bitch if he has Stone Edge. He's like a bulkier Rhydon without the double water and grass weakness. I'll probably never get one but...

ZeroCDR

I hatched a Chansey! This is my 2nd Chansey to hatch, 1st was back in like August. Used it to level up my Blissey to 2300s. Need to hatch a few more to get it up a bit.

Congrats! My wife hatched three during Valentine's Day, I was so jealous. At least I hatched my first at the same time, but it has so-so stats, I really want to hatch a decent one to power up.

I hatched a Snorlax yesterday, this is like my 5th too. Also seeing them semi occasionally in the wild, I'm really lucky with those at least.

So what are the best Gen 2 Pokémon for gyms? Tyranitar, Espeon (?), who else?

I think Donphan has a good CP range too.

Had a pretty good pokemon session this morning...caught a 91% larvitar, which I will freely admit is going to take me forever to evolve and power...but it allowed me to max out my tyranitar to my level :)

jZlRTAJ.png

I had a 2800 dragonite run on me so it wasn't a complete sucess. still, at least the game remains interesting enough.

Replicant

Tyranitar is an awful defender. They're like Dragonite, high in CP but easy to beat. I'd rather face 5 of them than 1 Blissey or 2 Snorlaxes.

parasight

I know there's a likelihood of coincidence, but I have now collected 5 Sun Stones in total. With 1 being a 7-day bonus, and 3 of them spawning at the exact same Pokestop, at roughly the same time of day. Wonder if there's anything to that. In total my evolution items have been: 5x Sun Stone 3x Metal Coat and 1x Up Grade. Dying for anything else at this point.

border

Tyranitar is an awful defender. They're like Dragonite, high in CP but easy to beat. I'd rather face 5 of them than 1 Blissey or 2 Snorlaxes.

Yeah, Vaporeon will wipe the floor with Tyranitar all day long. I imagine Machamp does even better. Tyranitar will get a high rank on towers, but he is very easily countered. At least Dragonite is kind of hard to counter, since you need Frost or Fairy pokemon with STAB.

The only way to secure your tower is to fill it up with Blisseys and Snorlaxes. The game really needs to be altered so that the pokemon with high HP aren't at such a massive advantage.

Marvie_3

Banned
I hatched a Chansey! This is my 2nd Chansey to hatch, 1st was back in like August. Used it to level up my Blissey to 2300s. Need to hatch a few more to get it up a bit.
I finally hatched my first Chansey a few days ago. Never even saw one in the wild before that either.

GulAtiCa

Congrats! My wife hatched three during Valentine's Day, I was so jealous. At least I hatched my first at the same time, but it has so-so stats, I really want to hatch a decent one to power up.

I hatched a Snorlax yesterday, this is like my 5th too. Also seeing them semi occasionally in the wild, I'm really lucky with those at least.
Oh wow, she must have gotten crazy amount of candy.
I still need to hatch 1 or 2 more to get it up fully to lv 30

I finally hatched my first Chansey a few days ago. Never even saw one in the wild before that either.
Yeah, they are rare.

I have a 100% IV Chansey and 25 candies.

Soon...

Wow!

today I hatched a 95% onyx...out of all the onyx I have encountered and hatched none have been over 80% so I instantly made him my steelix. I wonder if he is worth powering.

is gym cheating a thing?

i'm 80% sure these 4 gyms in my neighborhood are being hacked. They are all at a constant 52000 with names that sound so obviously like throwaway accounts. If they get taken down and boosted to full within a few hours it's already overthrown and at a full 52000 again. :/

Joni

is gym cheating a thing?

i'm 80% sure these 4 gyms in my neighborhood are being hacked. They are all at a constant 52000 with names that sound so obviously like throwaway accounts. If they get taken down and boosted to full within a few hours it's already overthrown and at a full 52000 again. :/

Yes. Those are bots at work.

is gym cheating a thing?

Yeah I can't believe Niantic isn't doing more to counter this. They could start by banning all the level 40 accounts because those are obvious spoofers/bots.

Firemind

is gym cheating a thing?

They're blue aren't they?

A friend of mine knows someone who has seven accounts over lvl. 30. One time he put seven Snorlaxes in a row in a gym. That was like months ago. He probably puts seven or more Blisseys in gyms now lol

Joni

Yeah I can't believe Niantic isn't doing more to counter this. They could start by banning all the level 40 accounts because those are obvious spoofers/bots.

There are people that have reached it validly while reaching level 40 isn't necessary when Pokémon can be maxed at level 38.

A friend of mine knows someone who has seven accounts over lvl. 30. One time he put seven Snorlaxes in a row in a gym. That was like months ago. He probably puts seven or more Blisseys in gyms now lol

dont worry niantic bans these people pretty often. their bot tracking has gotten a lot better.

my town used to be full of bots -- now it's not. I actually hold serveral gyms weeks at a time.

Oxx

There's a level 38 guy that I always see around here.

It took him ages to get from 37 to 38, so I have no idea how long it will take to for him to level up again.

there are people that are on constant lucky eggs and shit where they could have easily leveled way up by now, especially if they also took advantage of double xp events.

GulAtiCa

2 gyms near my work are constantly being botted by a pathetic red player. Weirdly, only those 2 gyms and no others, as there are several others near by too.

Also... People can be lv 40. That's been achievable for months now. Nothing new there.

Yeah there was a point it was 8 Blisseys in a row. Not cool.

Weirdly its all Yellow.

Instinct has never had a presence in my neighborhood then out of nowhere its a constant 52000 at every single gym (and there are like 6 gyms in my vicinity).

I guess i'm glad to see i'm not going crazy or out of nowhere an Instinct gang moved into my neighborhood. but man, they need to fix this shit. Its killing the game for me. I just want to atleast be able to claim a single gym everyday :(

Joni

What to walk? Candy listed is amount of candy I need.

- Togepi: 13 Candy, 65 KM
- Larvitar: 122 Candy, 610 KM
- Pineco: 43 Candy, 215 KM
- Phanpy: 32 Candy, 96 KM

What to walk? Candy listed is amount of candy I need.

- Togepi: 13 Candy, 65 KM
- Larvitar: 122 Candy, 610 KM
- Pineco: 43 Candy, 215 KM
- Phanpy: 32 Candy, 96 KM
I'd start with the ones that need the least candy. But if your Larvitar is really good I'd take it instead.

HiResDes

Gamepress finally released their attacker list:

Attackers-Tier-List-ver2_0.png

...The really shitty thing about Machamp is if you don't get one of his two best movesets he goes from being A Tier to B Tier in terms of damage very quickly and I've been through three long evolutions and have never gotten the good one yet. Hell at this point I'd take even Counter/Close Combat.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've gone from being a very dedicated player in gen 1 to a more casual player this time around. It's still the perfect distraction during lunch break walks. One difference is that I have no urge to get into gym battles anymore, I just play for the collection aspect.
There's little gen 2 variety where I live though. I had 143 complete before the update, now only at 183. Still 0 starters found.

What I'd really like is a seperate tab for gen 2 Pokémon, or at least an option to sort starting from gen 2 or something.

border

...The really shitty thing about Machamp is if you don't get one of his two best movesets he goes from being A Tier to B Tier in terms of damage very quickly and I've been through three long evolutions and have never gotten the good one yet. Hell at this point I'd take even Counter/Close Combat.

I don't really get why Blissey is top tier. It isn't going to have a type advantage against anything. It just soaks up damage but won't be outputting that much DPS.

Nice to see Frost/Avalanche Jynx getting some appreciation. I've gotten two of them recently thanks to local Jynx nests and they absolutely ruin Dragonites. The fights take maybe 20 seconds tops.

HiResDes

Went through three Rhydon now and they all got Rock Smash Earthquake, so fucking pissed, catch a wild one with crap IV with the moveset I want but it's too low to use. Fuck.

Oxx

Well good:

I have a Tier 1 Blissey, a 4 best Vaporeon, a trio of good Jolteon from the first two tiers.

Rahvar

Actually. The really shitty thing about Machamp is that I still don't have one -_- bately ever see Machops here

Firemind

I don't really get why Blissey is top tier. It isn't going to have a type advantage against anything. It just soaks up damage but won't be outputting that much DPS.
She can take down 3/4 Pokemon by herself and it only costs a Max Potion to heal her up.

Awayze

Neo Member
Spawns have massively decreased in quality. Used to get at least one uncommon around my house every few days, nothing but garbage now 24/7.
No Lapras or any of the Totodile family seen in the water event either. However, park down the road is Bulbasaur nest, few more catches and I should have enough candies for a Venusaur, something I dont have at lvl 30.

Oxx

It feels like easter has already started. I've hatched multiple Exeggcutes and a Togepi in the last couple of days. Eggs out of eggs out of eggs.

Just missing Snorlax, Typhlosion, Ampharos, Togetic, Forretress, Bellossum, Sunflora and Unown.

Wonder how many more years until a Snorlax shows up. I don't think they exist where I live.

Walking home in the rain and see a Vaporeon nearby, slight detour on the way home so I walk that way and my data cuts out right when I get to the Pokestop =/

Top Bottom