• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

GulAtiCa

These 2ks have really be useful for my mass evolution. A lot of them, esp the baby ones where I already have tons of candy, are coming in handy. I hatched a Tyrogue yesterday with HP top! (& Defense too... So will be toss up.). Hatched a Lapras today with both ice moves. Also another Chikorita, gives me another Pokemon to mass evolve. Might end up having 2 more mass evolutions before this is over.

Joni

Have 57 evolutions ready already for my last lucky egg but getting enough candy is getting harder. Almost all my prepared candy is gone, only pidgey I still have backup.

gutshot

Just hatched my first Aerodactyl. Now if I can just get a Lapras with good IVs and double Ice type moves, then this event will be a success.

Qwark

Just hatched a defense Tyrogue, evolved to Hitmonchan, and with that I have completed non-regional/non-legendary gen 1! Now to get the ~20 remaining for gen 2.

Just hatched a defense Tyrogue, evolved to Hitmonchan, and with that I have completed non-regional/non-legendary gen 1! Now to get the ~20 remaining for gen 2.

Nice! I've had 3 Tyrogue and none of them have had higher Health so I still need one to complete my evolution line lol.

GulAtiCa

Their not that common here. I see one on radar every so often.

On the flip side...

I work near several water biomes. So I have 13 Gyarados and 5 Dragonites.

Another Dragon Scale after my 7-day streak? You gotta be kidding me, Niantic.

Couldn't even give me a spare King's Rock to try for Slowking. It will be pretty rough since I only need Metal Coats for Pokedex.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hatched a Togepi and got Togetic
Hatched a Larvitar and now one Pinab'd catch away from Tyranitar

2 candy from Swinub

2 Metal Coats from all the evo item evolutions.

so close, yet so far.

Joni

Up to 74 evolvable Pokémon. Would like 2-3 more, but this will be enough if I can't catch a couple more before I hit the gym.

ZeroCDR

Scrounged up enough riffraff for another worthwhile lucky egg tonight, will definitely hit level 34.

My egg hatching this event has gone pretty well, more new dex entries than I expected:
-Larvitar (10KM)
-Togepi
-Miltank
-Pichu
-Mareep

Also hatched a 91% Cyndaquil and an 87% Snorlax. Trying to clear out and fill up my egg stash before the event ends, still trying for Aerodactyl. Ideally would like some Tyrogue's too.

GulAtiCa

I have about 60+ I can now evolve. I'll do 1 final mass evolution tomorrow morning, combined with the 1st catch of a day bonus. Might have enough leftover to do another mid day tomorrow. Maybe. Got several more new pokemon to evolve for 1st time too!

Currently I sit at 575k/1000k. Should bring me to at least 750k for sure by end of tomorrow if I only do 1 mass evolution.

Oxx

I think I have received 5 non-2km eggs since the event began.

It's a bit annoying to clear 5 slots out of my egg bag and immediately get 5 2km eggs out of the next 5 pokestops, but I'll survive.

Roughly 1 egg a day that is guaranteed to be a gen 2 starter or a decent 10k mon is ok.

Can't help but be disappointed by this event. The 2XP has been nice but my hatches have been rubbish.

I've only had one non-2K egg (a 5K, Cyndaquil) and haven't had anything decent out of my 2Ks, and I have lost count of how many I've hatched.
Even wasted all my incubators on them.

I'd kill for a Militank or Mareep, don't have either.

Awayze

Neo Member
I hatched a Miltank, Togepi and a few other baby mons, my only 5km was a Chikorita which I evolved to a Meganium 1300cp, which seems rather low for a level 30 player. Also caught a Snorlax.

I just want a Lapras, Tyrogue-Hitmontop and a Mareep.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Is there a guide for a good move set? And are good IVs the same for every Pokémon? If so, what's generally the best IVs possible?

Growlie19

I seem to keep hatching Scyther and Shellder from my 2Ks. Three of each so far. Gonna start working on my two 10Ks and four 5Ks later today. Gonna be nice to finally hatch some of the Johto starters and get some good IVs from them. (Other than Chikorita, I found one early on with perfect HP and Attack, and high CP!)

Joni

Done my fifth lucky egg. Gathered about a million xp this week. So I'm done with power leveling, and I managed to use up all my lucky egg.

gutshot

Is there a guide for a good move set? And are good IVs the same for every Pokémon? If so, what's generally the best IVs possible?

Yes, good IVs are the same for every Pokemon. Any 80%+ IVs are generally considered good. However each Pokemon type's base stats are different and it's those base stats that can make good IV Pokemon either amazing (Snorlax, Dragonite, etc.) or essentially worthless (most of them tbh).

I like Pokemon Go GamePress for getting a quick idea of whether a move set is considered good or not. For more detailed numbers, you can check out this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...5jC6M6VqV6vm6tRcT0QOsy72_U/edit#gid=532464222

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Yes, good IVs are the same for every Pokemon. Any 80%+ IVs are generally considered good. However each Pokemon type's base stats are different and it's those base stats that can make good IV Pokemon either amazing (Snorlax, Dragonite, etc.) or essentially worthless (most of them tbh).

I like Pokemon Go GamePress for getting a quick idea of whether a move set is considered good or not. For more detailed numbers, you can check out this spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...5jC6M6VqV6vm6tRcT0QOsy72_U/edit#gid=532464222

Thanks!

Luxorek

Alright, hit level 36! I honestly thought that I wouldn't have enought time, but ta-dam. I'm gonna miss this event when it's gone, nothing beats capturing 'mons for 840 exp and spinning stops for 200, sometimes 400 exp.

I imagine double candy from transfers will happen next time. I'm hoarding Dratini and Larvitar exactly for that purpose.

Growlie19

Sweet, got a Cyndaquil nest nearby for the migration! Infrequent spawns, but I can make it work with the help of my dear friend, Pinap.

ZeroCDR

Hatched an Aerodactyl, finally :D

Hitmonlee will close the book on Kanto for me until region exclusives stop being a thing (And the legendaries too)

Top Bottom