• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Have 7 2km ready to go I'm hoping I finally get a Lapras or a Snorlax.

Are Dratini still in the 10km eggs? I still haven't been able to hatch one or encounter them in the wild

The egg portion of this event has been disappointing. The 2k pool is too large, I've gone through 8 eggs so far and they've all been junk. I'm burning through incubators like crazy, which I suspect is exactly why it was designed this way.

I have 2 pre-event 10ks close to popping, banking on those to be good and not expecting much else.

GulAtiCa

The good thing about this event is the eggs hatch quickly. The bad thing is they hatch quickly and need to get more. Just hatched 6 I got 2 hours ago. Good thing I'm going for a run soon!

Oxx

Hatched an Onix, Chikorita, Elekid, Poliwag, Machop, Koffing, Wooper today. Meh.

But an 82% Chikorita is better than what I found in the wild.

Edit: Just hatched a Totodile @ 82% too. Aww yiss.

Firemind

The egg portion of this event has been disappointing. The 2k pool is too large, I've gone through 8 eggs so far and they've all been junk. I'm burning through incubators like crazy, which I suspect is exactly why it was designed this way.

I have 2 pre-event 10ks close to popping, banking on those to be good and not expecting much else.
Yeah just gonna profit from the double exp. Eggs are too much like gambling lol

A couple days ago I got a kings rock and a sun stone from the same pokestop spin. It wasn't my 7 day either.

Has this happened to anyone here? I felt really lucky.

Joni

So the event eggs gave me Cleffa, Abra, Onix, Magby. Disappointing.
My old 10 KM eggs gave me Sudowoodo, Gligar, Chansey and 4 Dratini. Disappointing.
At least I managed to upgrade my Dragonite to my max, keep enough Candy for a Dragonair and use the Chansey to restore my living dex.

GulAtiCa

Hatched 2 more Chikoritas and a event 10k Larvitar! I now can evolve both fully tomorrow! Still need 3 more Cynaquil candies after my long walk / run today. So won't be able to evolve fully tomorrow. But will get last bit for final mass evolution before event ends.

This event has been good for me so far. Even got another 10k egg now.

Luxorek

Caught my first shiny Magikarp today. Not a bad one too, 78% IV. I don't feel like wasting 400 candy and countless stardust to make him useful though.

Besides that, another 100k exp added in less than 1,5 hour. It's extremely easy now, just pop a lucky egg and time your throws so that you get a great or excellent on your first try. I still don't think I'll get to 36, but 3/4 of the way is looking possible right now.

Yeah I have 600 coins saved up that I was going to blow on incubators but I'm thinking of buying the lucky eggs.
They'll keep me going for months.

Hatches have been shit so far. My 10ks were two Pineco, two Gligar, a Mantine and a Dratini :(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Got the second kings rock today, so got Politoed, just need two metal coats to be wrapped on evo items

Between hot chicken birthday party, Politoed and Nebraska spring game, having a solid day

GulAtiCa

Yeah I have 600 coins saved up that I was going to blow on incubators but I'm thinking of buying the lucky eggs.
They'll keep me going for months.

Hatches have been shit so far. My 10ks were two Pineco, two Gligar, a Mantine and a Dratini :(

I hope you don't consider hatching a Dratini bad :(

I'm actually happy about my recent 2 Pineco hatches. But, only cause I haven't evolved any until just now. I'm sure I'll be less happy next time I hatch one. lol

Growlie19

Bought the 8 pack of lucky eggs and am gonna use one per day. Started the event at 50K xp, now I'm at 200K. I haven't had the chance to hatch many eggs, but so far, I have two Tangela, a Gastly, and a Grimer. I'll be going on a walk in a bit to hatch four more eggs; here's hoping!

Edit: Kinda meh eggs. Got Growlithe, Tyrogue (defense best), Lickitung, and Bulbasaur. Hitmonlee'll have to wait a bit longer...

Luxorek

Anybody buying the 25 lucky egg pack? I don't level grind but it seems like a good deal and I'm not doing anything else with these coins sitting around...

Bought two packs of 25 so far with coins saved from Gyms. I should be able to buy another 25 before the event ends.

Levelling up is pretty much all that remains for me, all that I'm missing besides regionals are Unown and Slowking.

Went for a walk with a friend for an hour or so and he addd 3 Pokemon to his dex which was cool.
He hatched 4 Togepi which easily net him Togetic (I'm still only halfway), 3 Tyrogue (added Hitmontop), and right at the very end his first Aerodactyl!

Only decent ones I've gotten are a Porygon and a 100% Chikorita.

Anyone know a quick way to level up.
I'm at level 21 and trying to know a good way to quickly get to level 22.
(I only got 1 incubator sadly I used the ones I got)

GulAtiCa

My Pokedex is now up to 217! Will be 218 later this week after I walk my Cynaquil 9 more km. Then I'm thinking I'll put my Chansey as my new buddy so I can level up my Blissey. I did my 4th mass evolution today, including 7 day bonus & 4 new evolutions. But was short pokemon to evolve, so had maybe 7 minutes left. I'll start restocking random pokemon to evolve and should have decent amount for the last day of event. I'm almost half way to lv 34 now! I'll be needing a few more egg hatches for Larvitars to help level up my 1st Tyranitar.

C9iife0WsAEHekU.jpg:large

Joni

Started walking Onix to see if that theory about 'correct' evolution items dropping when you walk the right Pokémon could be right. So far, it seems like it isn't. I need those damn Metal Coats. Still, it is not going to hurt to see for a couple more stops. There is only one thing left for me to walk, a Larvitar, as I don't have a Mareep, and I need to walk 575 KM with that one.

Just hatched 7 2kms. Lapras, Grimer, Miltank, Tyrogue (HP!!), Togepi, Onix and Tangela. This event is great!

Meanwhile I get stuff like Phanphy and Rhyhorn. I need that Tyrogue and that Miltank. At least I just got a wild Togetic so I don't need that Togepi anymore.

Meanwhile I get stuff like Phanphy and Rhyhorn. I need that Tyrogue and that Miltank. At least I just got a wild Togetic so I don't need that Togepi anymore.

I need that Phanpy! Still not found a single one or had one on my nearby since Day 1 of Gen II! Rhyhorn candy is always good with Rhyperior on the way, apparently it has ridiculously high CP.

Joni

I need that Phanpy! Still not found a single one or had one on my nearby since Day 1 of Gen II! Rhyhorn candy is always good with Rhyperior on the way, apparently it has ridiculously high CP.

I managed to find a Donphan itself so I don't need to worry about Phanphy. Rhyperior is prepared. Keeping 100 Candy and a 3000 CP Rhydon for it.
Edit: Lucky Egg #4 is done. I have 1 left and it seems I'll manage to use it this period.

Firemind

My Pokedex is now up to 217! Will be 218 later this week after I walk my Cynaquil 9 more km. Then I'm thinking I'll put my Chansey as my new buddy so I can level up my Blissey. I did my 4th mass evolution today, including 7 day bonus & 4 new evolutions. But was short pokemon to evolve, so had maybe 7 minutes left. I'll start restocking random pokemon to evolve and should have decent amount for the last day of event. I'm almost half way to lv 34 now! I'll be needing a few more egg hatches for Larvitars to help level up my 1st Tyranitar.
Nice! That's the best defensive moveset I think.

Firemind

Caught a Dragonair, Dratini, Larvitar. Hatched a Dratini and two Cyndaquils. Not a bad day. Didn't even know 5km eggs are exclusively gen 2 starters. Nice!

Growlie19

Hatched five more 2K's, and got Shuckle (new), Scyther, Slowpoke, Shellder, and Koffing. My seven day streaks are coming up tomorrow, so I'm gonna rake in so much XP!

I hope you don't consider hatching a Dratini bad :(

No not at all, but one half decent hatch out of 6 is a bit disappointing.
I really really want a decent Chansey that I can evolve.

Not had anything good out of my 2ks yet, well I got an Aerodactyl but I already had several and they're useless.

Best thing to happen today was that I collected on ten gyms, a personal best by far.

Oxx

I can't bring myself to use incubators on 2k eggs.

So I'm hatching one egg at a time.

Today so far: Elekid Charmander Misdreavous

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
pretty good day got a togepi finally and got a good iv 1510 cp lapras with good moveset from a 2k easter egg to replace my bad iv lapras and also found a wild 2763 cp rhydon with good iv and moveset

Joni

Eight 2 Km eggs hatched, nothing really interesting. I did get two Togepi, but you know, after I walked Togepi for 50 KM.

HiResDes

I'm at exactly 218 too, I only have about 50 Tyranitar candies though and have only caught like one Mareep ever. Ampharos will probably the last thing I get : (

Unfortunately I couldn't be able to play during the update and won't be until tuesday. I still hope I can hatch my two 10km eggs during the event. Don't care about the double XP stuff anyways but the double candy from eggs is tempting I must say -_-

Joni

Unfortunately I couldn't be able to play during the update and won't be until tuesday. I still hope I can hatch my two 10km eggs during the event. Don't care about the double XP stuff anyways but the double candy from eggs is tempting I must say -_-

You don't get double candy from eggs.

Luxorek

Done with a 9th lucky egg evolve spree - 142k exp added. Evolved two Charmanders [91, 98] and was pleasantly surprised to get both of them with best movesets. But of course, when I evolved my treasured Squirtle 100% it came out with Water Gun/Flash Cannon ; (

Thankfully an Exeggcute 100% came out with a Seed Bomb/Solar Beam. I hesitated for a bit whether to power him up, but then realized I had shit luck so far with Grass 'mons and didn't have any decent attacker for Vaporeons and Rhydons. Handles Blissey nicely too apparently, so that's a plus.

Firemind

Thankfully an Exeggcute 100% came out with a Seed Bomb/Solar Beam. I hesitated for a bit whether to power him up, but then realized I had shit luck so far with Grass 'mons and didn't have any decent attacker for Vaporeons and Rhydons. Handles Blissey nicely too apparently, so that's a plus.
Exeggutor with Solar Beam is like the best Pokemon against Blissey and Snorlax DPS and potion efficiency wise, if you don't have a Dragonite with a STAB moveset. I don't even put my Exeggutors in gyms anymore because of this factor.

GulAtiCa

Nice! That's the best defensive moveset I think.
Really? That's great. I wasn't too sure with that steel move. Glad to know.

No not at all, but one half decent hatch out of 6 is a bit disappointing.
I really really want a decent Chansey that I can evolve.

Not had anything good out of my 2ks yet, well I got an Aerodactyl but I already had several and they're useless.

Best thing to happen today was that I collected on ten gyms, a personal best by far.
yeah, true. It's why I generally no longer do big 6+ multiple hatches anymore. Hatching 4 scythers in a 9 egg group is disappointing. Lol

I'm at exactly 218 too, I only have about 50 Tyranitar candies though and have only caught like one Mareep ever. Ampharos will probably the last thing I get : (
Yeah, I feel the same. I've hatched a Mareep a month ago. Seems rare for 10k eggs. Did find one in my neighborhood the other night. That was special!

Top Bottom