• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

HardRojo

Evolved my first Dragonite (97%), got Steel Wing and Outrage. Can we finally get an update that lets you change moves in exchange for candies?

T.O.P

Banned
Went from 26 to 27 since the event started

...reaching 29 before this ends might actually be doable since i won't be back at work untiil next wed

Joni

Got up to 66 evolvable Pokemon again. One more hour of catching and I should be able to do lucky egg 2. Then it will be working the weekend for number 3.

Joni

It is a shame that there isn't actually anything in the wild to focus on.

Pidgey, Weedle, Sentret. So much to focus on.

Hope they fix the candy bug. Not really worth it to incubate eggs now.

There isn't really a bug, they just aren't giving much more candy.

Got up to 66 evolvable Pokemon again. One more hour of catching and I should be able to do lucky egg 2. Then it will be working the weekend for number 3.

78 ready.

Luxorek

Thanks to the event I got to level 35 much faster. It helped that I was saving evolutions since the Valentines. Overall, I managed to do 584 evolutions for a whooping 1,168 mln experience.

Before/After screenshots...

52dSoCi.png

N46vL40.png

I created an Excel spreadsheet to easier manage all the candies and possible evolutions. I can share if anyone's curious : )

Anyways, I'm very happy overall. I think I can easily get to 1 mln during the event - I just don't feel like grinding for it though.

gutshot

Thanks to the event I got to level 35 much faster. It helped that I was saving evolutions since the Valentines. Overall, I managed to do 584 evolutions for a whooping 1,168 mln experience.

Before/After screenshots...

I created an Excel spreadsheet to easier manage all the candies and possible evolutions. I can share if anyone's curious : )

Anyways, I'm very happy overall. I think I can easily get to 1 mln during the event - I just don't feel like grinding for it though.

I'd be interested in seeing the spreadsheet. Congrats on dinging 35!

GulAtiCa

Hello lv 33! Took me 3 mass evolutions to get here. I still have enough to do 1 more. I'll do so on Sunday and combine with my 7th day exp rewards. I'll save the 7 other lucky eggs for later on when I get enough pidgey's again.

Also, yesterday I gained my 1st Swinub. Literally the only 1 I've ever seen in the wild. Poor guy, must be melting here in the south.

Look, it's Dragonite #5 (Plays Mumbo #5 music). Had a very high CP Dragainair that I evolved. Only 51% IV, so won't get too high. But I now have 5. So not that concerning. Also have a Dratini 91 I could evolve later on if I wanted, but for now I'll focus on leveling up my goodies.

Finally hatched my 9 10kms yesterday. Got 2 Dratinis, a Chancey, 2 Larvitars, a Pineco, Gligar, and 2 Mareep.

This let me finally get my Blissey and Dragonite!

But this morning I hit up 10 stops, and not a single egg :/

I hope they didnt make them rarer for the event.

Oxx

Old 10km egg hatches today are Sudowoodo (19 candy), Miltank (20), and Mantine (23).

At least Miltank is a new one.

Time to collect some new eggs.

HardRojo

I'll try and make it to 31 and a half during the event. Really hate that my first Dragonite got Steel Wing :( at least it has Outrage but man... I might still power it up since it's a 97% one.

Qwark

I guess I won't bother spending money on incubators for this event. No Larvitar, Dratini nor Snorlax in 2km eggs kind of makes this useless for me. I already got 2 Lapras, I need Dratini, Snorlax and Dratini candies, Chansey too. At least I'll save my money for something more interesting.

Reddit is now reporting that Larvitar is in 2k also, so there's that at least.

Also, Porygon got moved to 10k, lol.

GulAtiCa

I haven't seen any evidence of double candy yet. I must have only just finished my last pre-event egg.

The event has "more" candy, not double for egg hatches. Don't think they ever used "double candy". It looks like just a few extra. All my recent hatches have been staying around the max candy range + some for each egg group hatches/etc.

Firemind

The event has "more" candy, not double for egg hatches. Don't think they ever used "double candy". It looks like just a few extra. All my recent hatches have been staying around the max candy range + some for each egg group hatches/etc.
Yeah but in the past it was double candy.

GulAtiCa

Yes!!! Just hatched a Cyndaquil from a 5k egg. Got 21 candies and just need about 8 more. So, I'll be able to fully evolve this Sunday and get new Pokemon exp too for both lines. Also got another Pineco. Which means that be ready for a new evolution on Sunday now too!

Also picked up another 10k egg during my pokestop refresh. Got a bunch of other eggs too.

ZeroCDR

Just 1KM away from unloading the rest of my 10's, and hatched a Miltank from a 2KM in the meantime. Very happy to cross that one off!

Firemind

goddammit got another steel wing / hyper beam

all five of my dragonites have some combination of steel wing and hyper beam, the other two being dragon breath / hyper beam and steel wing / outrage

like literally 4/5 being steel wing/hyper beam

this game hates me

GulAtiCa

Eh. Dragonites move sets don't really matter too much for placing in gyms. You've seen mine, I level them fully up to lv 30+ (I keep leveling the IV 80%s+ all the way) and place them in gyms that last weeks on end.

Move sets really are more important for attacking with the current Gym system.

Holy shit.

I am so mad right now.

I'm at a national park and I noticed an instinct gym at level 9.

I walk two miles to the peak of the hill and spend 20 minutes getting it to level 10.

The one other person in the area for at least a mile Snipes my spot as I was healing my Lapras.

He jogs away without saying a word to me.

I have never wanted to kill someone this much.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
found a Larvitar by my house tonight which was nice.

72 candy down.. 28 to go.

Hatched a Lapras out of a 2km egg I got today. Figures, takes 8 months to get Lapras, get a second one just a few weeks later.

randome

Holy shit.

I am so mad right now.

I walk two miles to the peak of the hill and spend 20 minutes getting it to level 10.

The one other person in the area for at least a mile Snipes my spot as I was healing my Lapras.

I thought there was a period of time where only you could place a mon?

Firemind

Eh. Dragonites move sets don't really matter too much for placing in gyms. You've seen mine, I level them fully up to lv 30+ (I keep leveling the IV 80%s+ all the way) and place them in gyms that last weeks on end.

Move sets really are more important for attacking with the current Gym system.
I don't care about dragonite as a defender one bit; i have gyarados and rhydon for that. I just want to efficiently beat these 3200+ cp snorlaxes and blisseys a local spoofer employs. Vaporeon is too slow. My two Machamps also have Bullet Punch. ;-;

Hycran

Banned
Holy shit.

I am so mad right now.

Don't get me wrong it's a scum move, but why didn't you heal your guy after?

Holy shit.

I am so mad right now.

dirty. call him out on r/pokemongospoofers and give them his username. they'll knock down all his gyms

I thought there was a period of time where only you could place a mon?

only if you take over a gym...Niantic didn't do anything about team sniping.

I remember one time I was leveling a gym from 20K to 30k, and a guy stopped by and was waiting for me to keep leveling it. he waited until it was around 29k, THEN he started attacking for another team. I didn't even notice why I wasn't leveling up the gym at all until I realized he was making me waste my damned time on purpose. I was there for over a half hour.

Top Bottom