• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

border

Well if they kept the one type limit, lesser fighting pokemon like Poliwrath would even be able to wreck havoc on Blissey, Snorlax, and Tyranitar with an increased weakness multiplier.

The problem is that Blissey and Snorlax are everywhere (and probably still will be), but comparatively few people have Fighting Pokémon with double fighting moves. I had a Machop nest in my city a couple months ago, and even with that good fortune I couldn't win the evolution lottery.

Until we know more about how much Motivation a Pokémon loses after being beaten, it's way too early to predict how often gyms will flip.

gutshot

Looks like Legendaries will be coming as a part of the Raid system, as most people speculated. There are assets for a "Legendary Raid Egg" in the APK. Also they have added a Lugia medal in bronze, silver, and gold which presumably will be awarded based on how many Legendaries you have caught.

GulAtiCa

Pre-patch or post? As Niantic said it as a bug and the update should fix it. I got the update now, but haven't been able to test post-patch.
Pre-Patch: Magikarp was huge!

Also, the "Nearby" has a tab for Raids.

elguero

Looks like we'll have more pokestop modifiers available to use than just lures.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/6igwbt/new_pokestop_modules_more_than_just_lure/

MpRGoz0.png

beta_fuse

I'm in NA so I didn't get the patch yet, however I noticed that my party Raichu doesn't have his hat when I'm looking at his stats screen. Anyone else have this glitch and for those with the update has it been corrected? It's just a minor annoyance.

GulAtiCa

Searching for "evolve" will show all Pokemon that can evolve right now. The criteria is that you have enough candies though. So if you have 50 Scyther candies and no metal coat, will still show.

Zero_IYAD

Have you tried manually changing the battery of the Go Plus? Cause what you describe is exactly what happened to mine back when I was in Universal Studios last year. It work for Pokestops, but any Pokemon attempt would fail and disconnect it. After I changed the battery, it worked again. The battery was near dead. So change the battery, even if it doesn't warn you.

That's a sign of battery being low from my experiences. Pop in a new one and see if it still does that.

Did you try restarting the Pokémon Go Plus?
Hold the button down until it blinks blue, then hold it down again until it vibrates.
Thanks everyone.
Changed the battery & everything went fine.

I managed to collect 75000 EXP in the past few hours & finally hit Level 30:

DCzQ8glXUAAN7ss.jpg

Perfect timing before the big update ^__^

elguero

Hard to know what this means to the average player but looks like Niantic is making progress in combating spoofers and cheaters.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/6ihyl6/update_on_pok%C3%A9mon_caught_using_thirdparty/

With the announcement of Raid Battles and the new battle features, we are staying true on our commitment to ensuring that Pokémon GO continues to be a fun and fair experience for all Trainers. Starting today, Pokémon caught using third-party services that circumvent normal gameplay will appear marked with a slash in the inventory and may not behave as expected. We are humbled by the excitement for all the new features we announced yesterday.This is one small part of our continued commitment to maintaining the integrity of our community and delivering an amazing Pokémon GO experience.

Well managed to get to level 29 tonight after laying off for a few months. I'm enjoying the XP boost, but I managed to catch what I needed from the event.

i need to get as much raiding in before my 3 week vacation to Europe in July. Hopefully everything won't be OP once I return in early August (or people will have already burned out)

Firemind

Is this just a stock warning whilst the gyms are out of commission, or do you need to be a certain level to take part in raids?
Stock. I think only the raid rewards are minimum level required.

Rare candy: lvl. 5
Basic technical machine: lvl. 10
Special technical machine: lvl. 15

Of course they had to make a gym in front of the biology department but chemistry gets none. Unfair

How long do you think until they unlock gyms?

T.O.P

Banned
I got the update this morning but a couple of frineds (also on Android) have none showing up

Is this a staggered release or?

JoeM86

Reports from E3 are that Legendary Pokémon raids in GO are to be available to people who are very active in the new gym system which makes me very nervous. That's not fair in my view, as many people live in areas where Gyms are few and far between, even with the new ones added recently. Even my town, a very active/busy one, there's only like 6 in the main area of town and sporadic ones outside of the main part of town.

GO has such great potential, but it keeps favouring the players who live in metropolitan hubs rather than everyone, and that's disappointing.

Firemind

Reports from E3 are that Legendary Pokémon raids in GO are to be available to people who are very active in the new gym system which makes me very nervous. That's not fair in my view, as many people live in areas where Gyms are few and far between, even with the new ones added recently. Even my town, a very active/busy one, there's only like 6 in the main area of town and sporadic ones outside of the main part of town.

GO has such great potential, but it keeps favouring the players who live in metropolitan hubs rather than everyone, and that's disappointing.
Someone has to beta test raids. I imagine they're only going to give invites to very active players in the big cities so it shouldn't affect us euro plebs.

I also heard somewhere that legendaries can't be used in gyms but don't take my word for it.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I hope Niantic isn't too greedy with TMs because after this event I have 2 Typhlosions with Dark Claw/Sun Beam.

re : Legendary Raids maybe the gating will be done through Gym badges, like you can enter a Leg Raid in a gym only if you have the gold badge for that gym. That would seem fair somewhat.

GulAtiCa

no no no. That is for beta testing the Raid Battle. I imagine won't even be legendary Pokemon until available till all. Prob Snorlaxes, Dragonites, Gengars, etc. Lesser tiers. They said they will be rolling the system out. In a month or so prob be out for all.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
I just wish the new "pokéstop" feature of the gyms would be active while we wait for the new gym gameplay. This event left naked, I'm left with 10 pokéballs right now.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I did kinda find that funny. lol.

I haven't done a mass evolve yet, but given that you can search for "evolve", I will no longer need to rename pokemon to have a "!" to know which ones to mass evolves. That makes things so much easier.

Firemind

Yeah, I did kinda find that funny. lol.

I haven't done a mass evolve yet, but given that you can search for "evolve", I will no longer need to rename pokemon to have a "!" to know which ones to mass evolves. That makes things so much easier.
And it updates live! Very QOL improvement. Only problem is you still can't check the timer of the lucky egg lol. Oh and it doesn't check for evolution items but that's minor.

GulAtiCa

Hopefully that just means 'all' will be here by then. But jeez. Really do hope gyms will be ready by then. Else what was the point of being offline so long if early july.? lol

Top Bottom