• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Cess007

has to be in for a day other wise you could scam that by having 2 accounts and constantly kick yourself out of gyms for coins

Maybe it's lag due server being super busy now. I can't even put a Pokemon in the Gym now that is back to Yellow (we took out a Red team), so maybe not everything is working as it should be now.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
which means right now at least, with the fervor of release, no one is getting coins yet.

that would be determined by the area i think at least one of my gyms should be fine the one by the bus stop and the one by mcdonalds might get taken but the one behind my house should be fine

Velcro Fly

With gyms giving stuff now I can park my car in the lot across the street and hit a gym and stop without moving. Then I can walk maybe 20 feet and hit a second stop. For someone who only wants to catch pokemon, this is a huge deal.

not sure how i even feel with coins per hour.

atleast in the old system you can be guaranteed 10 coins a day if you manage to get into a single gym.

with this thats like 0 coins a day if you get a gym that gets taken every few hours lol

So I'm a bit confused by something,

the gym in front of my house has 6 pokemon in it; some of the newest ones are already showing clear signs of degradation, but some of the first ones e.g. a Blissey that was there an hour and a half ago are still at 100% motivation.

There's no indication of berries being fed (there's a counter) and neither does the battle counter seem to indicate that I've tried fighting it; as it's still at 0 battles.

Is this some kind of bug?

gutshot

Pretty sure the only counter that is working is the timer. The battles and the berries fed ones are not working right now and just show zero no matter what.

The GPS on my phone stopped being able to reliably find a GPS signal in my office about a week ago. I hoped the update would help. Didn't. I hoped something would change in the backend when they enabled gyms. Didn't.

This blows.

Dynasty

What a massive nerf for f2p players. Only getting 21 gold compared to the old 100 gold per gym.

The old gold per gym was 10.
This system is better in my opinion. Can get up to 21 coins now but also means could get 0 if you get unlucky. Basically the gyms should be less stagnate.

The old gold per gym was 10.
This system is better in my opinion. Can get up to 21 coins now but also means could get 0 if you get unlucky. Basically the gyms should be less stagnate.

its bad for people who only have so many gyms in an area and thus have people flock to takeover. None of them will get coins.

Bad for people who are in busy areas. Because no one will get coins.

Is this essentially pushing away casual users even more? lol

No. Not even in my journal yet. Think there is likely still bunch of lag currently.

Ahh i see I got a badge too from my returned mon/or from spinning on a gym?

FYI In the Help menu it says you earn Gym badges by spining the photo discs on the gym.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
the gym in my backyard taunts me if i reach over the fence my radius just touches the grey base of the gym but dosent count as in range all i want to do is stick my berries in you :( have to walk all the way around the block

people keep adding their pokemon to the gym but they never feed the pokemon already in feed my dude damnit

Ashodin

its bad for people who only have so many gyms in an area and thus have people flock to takeover. None of them will get coins.

Bad for people who are in busy areas. Because no one will get coins.

Is this essentially pushing away casual users even more? lol

It's bad for coins, good for items and battling though. That's the tradeoff unless they change the way coins are earned (should be a daily limit hit by battling Pokemon in the gym imo)

Firemind

So, uh, who's going to keep your pokemon healthy in the middle of bumfuck hour? Seems like there's no point in playing the gym game in the wee hours of the day seeing how fast they decay. :/

beta_fuse

So yeah the gym turnover is FAST. My Atcanine wasn't even in for 20 minutes. Also I think the berry thing might not work so well only because if someone is attacking a gym they will most probably battle it until they take it over. With that said, unless you're sitting near the gym to feed the pokes often, you're most likely gonna be kicked out sooner rather than later.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
So, uh, who's going to keep your pokemon healthy in the middle of bumfuck hour? Seems like there's no point in playing the gym game in the wee hours of the day seeing how fast they decay. :/

i will i work graveyard shift theres also a gym in the parking lot of my work that ill be able to upkeep during breaks and lunch

Top Bottom