• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

oti

Banned
DFWfKHUW0AANMJn.jpg

oti

Banned
I still don't have a good idea what the hell we are supposed to do and what exactly is going on. lol

I *think* it's only about catching Pokémon. With every Pokémon caught, a bonus meter fills up corresponding to the caught Pokémon's type. People at the Fest get these bonuses and people all around the world can expand their (the people at the festival) bonus by catching Pokémon too. Then there's some kind of Fest-only challenge and if they achieve that everyone gets a bonus.

Or something.

Magik

I *think* it's only about catching Pokémon. With every Pokémon caught, a bonus meter fills up corresponding to the caught Pokémon's type. People at the Fest get these bonuses and people all around the world can expand their (the people at the festival) bonus by catching Pokémon too. Then there's some kind of Fest-only challenge and if they achieve that everyone gets a bonus.

Or something.

That's so convoluted. Wouldn't it be better to just give all the bonus' to everyone around the world as a goodwill and thank you gesture and have the pokemon catching be solely focused duration extensions, other cool things and on the legendaries?

oti

Banned
That's so convoluted. Wouldn't it be better to just give all the bonus' to everyone around the world as a goodwill and thank you gesture and have the pokemon catching be solely focused duration extensions, other cool things and on the legendaries?

People at the Fest did pay money after all, I guess.

This is an utter mess for something that for a week or two was the biggest phenomenon the world had ever seen.

Plus INFLUENCERS! Who doesn't love them.

Magik

People at the Fest did pay money after all, I guess.

This is an utter mess for something that for a week or two was the biggest phenomenon the world had ever seen.

Plus INFLUENCERS! Who doesn't love them.

I'd think those at the festival are already getting there moneys worth by actually being able to experience the event along with all the other goodies they got.

I'm not surprised at how it is such a mess at the moment. Everything seems so rushed and put together last minute. lol

I was expecting a really big spectacle with tons of props etc yet it looks like a very basic park party.

That Porter Robinson music in the stream right now ������

Stream is ok so far all things considered.

Mystic7 is surprisingly good on stage.

They fucked up the TrainerTips video that was supposed to play though. Cool to see them working with them like this anyway, utilizing their strengths in a proper way.

Lol that gym battle shown on livestream... I felt hype, conceptually. The way they got people in the crowd to focus on it and commentate the battle. That could be seriously hype if the combat weren't so rudimentary :p

Firemind

Have they basically just given up at this point and said "Yeah, this ain't happening"?
Basically, not enough bandwidth which they can fix short term but there are also authentication issues and a crash bug because of the new features introduced in the event. So LOL they're fucked.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
welp feel bad for the people in Chicago and those who traveled over there
but just release the birds Niantic and hire better management

border

They didn't even bother to set up a Wifi network for PokemonGoFest? Holy shit. Common sense should tell you that most cellular networks will not be able to withstand 20,000 heavy data users concentrated in a single position.

Last time I went to PAX my cell data was unusable in the convention center, and that's not even an event centered around mobile games.

border

So if Reddit is being censored and the Twitch chat has been turned off, is there anywhere I can read a funny running commentary from the community at large?

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
took a break to eat and came back to this news holy shit lol good thing i didnt pay scalper prices for a ticket those people got fucked hard scalper prices + air fare

JC Lately

So if Reddit is being censored and the Twitch chat has been turned off, is there anywhere I can read a funny running commentary from the community at large?

Try the official PGO twitter.

It is, as the kids say, lit.

EDITL: also the Pokemon Go subreddit seem to be free of censorship for now.

border

Kinda funny to think that Niantic is going to have to give away like 2 million dollars worth of Pokecoins over this fiasco. On the surface it was such a brilliant moneymaking scheme -- charge people $20 to sit around a park and collect digital goodies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
how do you not even put up wifi like wtf amature hour every one knows you can't get cell service at conventions let alone gatherings that are all about everyone using their phones

JC Lately

From what I'm reading, it seem Niantic's' servers are not at fault this time; rather it's the cell data coverage. I've read reports that people with cell services from smaller companies like Boost Mobile are able to play fine, while AT&T and Verizon customers are thoroughly boned,

Not absolving them of blame though; Niantic should have expected that shit. Surely they've run into this sort of thing with Ingress events, and Pokémon Go is several orders of magnitude bigger than Ingress, even with is diminished player-base vs. last year this time .

We're basically Dashcon 2017 at this point.

Top Bottom