• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

gutshot

So true. Last night was perfect example of this actually. Most I've meet been very welcoming. I went to a TTar raid near my house on request from my local FB group. When I got their, I noticed a big group. But for some reason their were 2 groups. I was confused, but didn't really question it much. I joined the 2nd smaller group since that was were my new FB friend was anyways. Found out afterwards that the 1st bigger group wouldn't let her join since she wasn't Mystic. WTF! What kind of asshole do you need to exclude people. This is a game all about social interaction and coming together.

I mentioned this and condemn them in the Discord group, since likely that was where they might have came from. I wish I knew sooner, I'd have said something.

Because Mystic is so prevalent in our area, if we have enough for two groups we usually do one group all Mystic and one group Valor and Instinct. That way everyone gets the most balls possible during the bonus round. Maybe that is what happened here?

On July 22, thousands of Trainers in Grant Park for Pokémon GO Fest and the millions of others around the world will be working together to unlock in-game bonuses for the entire Pokémon GO community. If they manage to catch enough Pokémon during the Pokémon GO Fest Challenge Windows, the first Legendary Pokémon will be revealed in Grant Park. If the Trainers in Chicago succeed in defeating the Legendary Pokémon, that Pokémon will start appearing in Raid Battles around the world, after Pokémon GO Fest.

No pressure guys lol

So do you think its best to come by later in the day or earlier in the day for the chance for Legendaries?

zulux21

No pressure guys lol

So do you think its best to come by later in the day or earlier in the day for the chance for Legendaries?

if you are planning on getting legendaries on saturday and aren't at grant part you will likely be said.

the original announcement of events made it sound like their legendary battle would be from 7-8pm meaning if they did beat it and unlock raids for the rest at the very least only the west cost of the US would even have a chance of a new raid spawning after that on that day.

if you are talking about going on sunday... as always... it's random.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
didnt the press release say the rest of us would get legendary raids after go fest was over
i doubt the rest of the world will get legendaries on sunday but that would be cool

if you are planning on getting legendaries on saturday and aren't at grant part you will likely be said.

the original announcement of events made it sound like their legendary battle would be from 7-8pm meaning if they did beat it and unlock raids for the rest at the very least only the west cost of the US would even have a chance of a new raid spawning after that on that day.

if you are talking about going on sunday... as always... it's random.

Well I'm going to the event on Saturday, but I have a lot of other stuff to do and can't really stay all day, so I was only gonna go for a couple hours.

Growlie19

Finally got a good Machamp from a raid. Bullet Punch/Close Combat, but a Fast TM fixed the quick move. C/CC at almost 2600 CP will be a big help against future T-Tars. Throw in some Vapes, Ursas, and my C/Eq Donphan, and I'm good to go!

I've started walking with Croconaw, since Feraligatr is one of the three missing mons from my dex, along with Ampharos and Unown. I've also got four 10K's at 7.8km, those'll either pop on my way to an upcoming 4* raid, or when I go and pick up Splatoon 2!

I don't know if Raids have changed with this update, but I'm in the vicinity of 7 Raids. Everything is level 2 or lower.

I'm really glad I got my Tyranitar, because level 3 and 4 Raids might be a lot rarer based on what I'm seeing.

Firemind

What happened to the Team Instinct leader? I have that Valor one showing up
s0xssbfiyoaz.jpg

I feel like the best use of stardust is powering up Pokemon that will help with soloing level 3 raids.

Level 4 and presumably 5 are best taken care of with sheer numbers than having optimal counters.

So Bite/Crunch Tyranitar for Alakazam/Gengar.
Future Sight Alakazam/Espeon for Machamp (and Gengar).
Solar Beam Exeggutor for Vaporeon.
Golem/Omastar for Arcanine.

Flareon and (especially) Jolteon are ridiculously hard to solo, so I'd worry about the above first.

Tyranitar and Golem will also be very useful for legendaries so that's a bonus.

I'm prepared with my Golem army. I have five above 2k cp or close to it and most have Stone Edge.

And thats fucked up about the hardcore raiders being dicks. Our local group has these basic rules that organically came about:

If you confirm you will show up and you aren't too far, we will wait if we aren't on a time crunch.

If you are on a time crunch, say so and either a) don't come or b) come but don't expect the group to start because of you if we are waiting for others. It's nothing personal.

If you are fifteen to twenty minutes out we will wait because it takes a good ten to fifteen minutes to go to a location anyway, especially if you're driving.

If you are thirty minutes plus out and you want to come, ask people not to wait for you if enough people show up.

I feel like these are common sense stuff.

We remember who the dicks are (there were a couple early on) and we will actively not raid with you if you continue to be a dick.

So do we have any time window on when this whole event thing probably will take place for people outside of the US? Any chance we will get an event on saturday, or will it most likely be sunday.

Used a charge TM on my Hyper Beam Dragonite and got Outrage. I'm almost disappointed, all three of my Dragonite have double dragon moves now, would like Hurricane for variety :p

Used a charge TM on my Hyper Beam Dragonite and got Outrage. I'm almost disappointed, all three of my Dragonite have double dragon moves now, would like Hurricane for variety :p

That's some first world problems you have there :p
But yeah I'd also like to have Hurricane. Lacking some good flying Pokemon in my team.
Just did a Vapereon raid with my co-worker. He's still pretty low level. But together we managed to beat it. We can also do Alakazam together. It's cool that we can do a raid a day at work together like that. Unfortunately he didn't catch it. I did and also got a fast TM. Used it to change my Scizor to fury cutter. Now it's the perfect Exeggutor killer.

Man there are so many Pokemon I want to level up. I need stardust. I hope we will get a stardust event.

160 gym badges! Only three silver though and still a long way from a gold one.
Anyone hit gold yet?

Holding 7 gyms today too which is a record for me. Won't be able to play this weekend so hoping they get kicked out at intervals to keep me earning.

T.O.P

Banned
What do you get for getting a Gym up to Gold? It seems like it would take forever.

125xp instead of 50xp, better and more items drop and that's it afaik

Saving a 7 days spin for a gold badge gym is a good idea, i got something like 25+ items

GulAtiCa

Lot more items for Gold. Like 7 or so per spin if it's your gym. Hanging around a Gold Gym is much better then hanging around a regular pokestop.

border

Is the only feasible way to Gold status having your Pokemon defend a gym for an inordinately long amount of time?

The Gym Reputation you get from fighting a gym is pretty piddly.

Qwark

Is the only feasible way to Gold status having your Pokemon defend a gym for an inordinately long amount of time?

The Gym Reputation you get from fighting a gym is pretty piddly.

Nah, I've been taking over the gym by my house nearly every day, which usually lasts 1-12 hours, and I'm really close to getting gold. It just takes persistence.

The cheapest box is the one that gets the biggest discount on raid passes and that's all I care about.
Incense and lures are pretty boring seeing it's really just extra Pidgey and Rattata, and I have 100+ Pinap at all times anyway.

Top Bottom