• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

t26

Between Sunday and Monday I caught 4 Dragonite all with CP over 2000. Would be 5 but 1 ran away.

I am 8/18 on Tyranitar raids

Went to catch an Ampharos that was posted in the local Slack. Turns out it was in a gated community. :/

Caught a Mareep today though, so with my rare candies I was finally enough combined to get an Ampharos anyway, so ah well.

Sitting at 230 total now. Just need Jumpluff (I have the candy to get it, would like a better Hoppip though), Slowking (have the candy, just need another King's Rock), Forretress (no where near enough, never hatched a Pineco, just caught one for the first time a couple weeks ago), Cleffa (WHAT THE FUCK), and Unown.

zulux21

the new update sounds nice
Added the ability for Trainers to spin the Photo Disc at a Gym after completing a Raid Battle.
Added the ability for Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby. Motivation regained will be less effective through this method.
Added the ability for Trainers to give Berries to Pokémon defending Gyms if their motivation meter is full.
Improved Pokémon Collection screen search functionality.

so happy I can spin a gym after a raid now.
was stupid that I had to leave the raid, spin, then do the raid.

hirokazu

Most of these sound good, but pretty surprised they make no mention whether the "This gym is under attack" bug is fixed or not when that was the worst unresolved bug.

I also don't understand why you can now top up gym Pokemon after the motivation bar is full. Sounds dumb to me.

border

Added the ability for Trainers to send Berries to their Pokémon defending Gyms through the Pokémon info screen when they are not nearby. Motivation regained will be less effective through this method.
Added the ability for Trainers to give Berries to Pokémon defending Gyms if their motivation meter is full.

New flash, Niantic. Nobody wants to feed Berries remotely. After 8 hours, all we want is for our Pokemon to come back to us with 50 coins.

I wish I could blacklist my gym Pokémon from getting berries. I've had a Pokémon in for weeks now that someone keeps feeding. Maybe if the Pokémon in the gym ever got close to 0 motivation someone would actually bother to kick the damn thing out...

8bit

Knows the Score
Launched this morning to find I had 12 Pokemon ejected overnight, most of them from around the forest walking tracks nearby with a few hours investment to put them back if I can be bothered. I suspect someone is spoofing locations as it seems unlikely they're out in the dark battling gyms. It's frustrating that this only rewards 50 coins no matter how many were returned. Would be nice to see some other reward such as stardust or potions.

Firemind

New flash, Niantic. Nobody wants to feed Berries remotely. After 8 hours, all we want is for our Pokemon to come back to us with 50 coins.
Err, yes I do. Otherwise I'd get kicked out multiple times a day, which is why I don't even bother to get into more than a handful of gyms.

gutshot

Seems like the remote berry feeding lets you feed any Pokemon in a gym, not just your own. You just have to have a defender in that gym to visit it remotely. https://gfycat.com/UnlawfulMilkyIbex

This is actually huge for Stardust gain. Currently, you can feed a max of 10 berries to 10 unique Pokemon every 30 mins. That works out to 100 berries or 2,000 Stardust every 30 mins. Assuming that has not changed it will now be very easy to hit that cap, provided you have access to a steady source of berries, of course.

EDIT: Posted this on The Silph Road since I hadn't seen anyone else do the math on it yet. https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...berry_system_should_allow_a_dedicated_player/

GulAtiCa

Caught my 1st Unown today during work! On 1 of the local Atlanta Discord Pokemon Go groups was someone posting about this and it's location. Since it was finally within range of me getting it, I jumped into my car and drove toward it.

One little problem. Was in a gated community! By time I got there, someone was already there trying to get in 2. As we started thinking of how to get in, we got lucky. 2 kids who play too (did a few Raids with them) either got in or already live there. So they were able to get us in as they left. As soon as we got in, 5 more cars showed up. Excluding the 2 kids from before, was probably 10 of us total after this damn Pokemon lol.

I and others caught it of course (Golden Razz Berry to the rescue!) But we soon found our selves with quite an new issue. We couldn't get out! We were literally locked inside the appartment complex. Since we were already on the side, and others couldn't get in, a few people handed their phones to us. I helped catch the Unown for a very trusting gal. That felt really special to me that I was able to help someone. We eventually were able to get out, luckily someone came by and let us out. The whole experience really made me laugh.

DFG5MIJUIAEnv75.jpg:large

anyone else have to keep logging back in? I sign in with Google, it used to just always have me signed in. Now I have to do it, wait for the 2 step code, put that in (even though "don't ask again on this computer" or whatever is checked)

Maybe it's an issue with the iOS 11 beta?

So a lot of you guys are using discord to find people for raids and so on. How did you find your local Discord group? Just downloaded Discord but have no Idea how to find people.

Firemind

Discord is more of an American thing. Europe is more used to Whatsapp. It's not like you need VOIP. Just ask people you're raiding with if they're part of a local group and share your number.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
telling people where the raid will be with a long timer is a good way of doing legendaries pretty much gets everyone into one spot hopefully it hands out those passes from a long distance away at least like 10 miles away

So I'm sure you all heard the news about this weekend with the Legendary update and all.

Here's my question

What site can I go to meet other GO players so I can arrange meet ups for GO raids? I just want the legendaries and Tyranitar and Dragonite.

I'm low leveled (24) and if the people I meet up with seem safe enough I'll eventually bring my daughter so she can get herself the legendaries and what not.

I live in Louisiana if that matters any.

So I'm sure you all heard the news about this weekend with the Legendary update and all.

Here's my question

What site can I go to meet other GO players so I can arrange meet ups for GO raids? I just want the legendaries and Tyranitar and Dragonite.

I'm low leveled (24) and if the people I meet up with seem safe enough I'll eventually bring my daughter so she can get herself the legendaries and what not.

Search Facebook and reddit for groups in your area. Discord is very popular with players and you can likely find a link to join a server there.

RyanW

Here's my question

Where at in Louisiana? >.>

RyanW

I'm right between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. It's equal distance for me to drive in either direction. You live down here? I honestly feel more comfortable setting a meet up with Gaf members then people from other sites.

Nah I'm up in Natchitoches, a bit more of a stuggle to do meet ups down there lol

Firemind

^^^ Search on Reddit / Facebook for local groups. Also, being low level is fine. Most likely everyone involved will be welcoming.
It largely depends on the community. People can be dickheads, especially the hardcore ones. And then you have the groups which welcome players from all three teams, further complicating things.

I'd say check your local group first, meet with them a few times for raids before you let your daughter participate.

GulAtiCa

It largely depends on the community. People can be dickheads, especially the hardcore ones. And then you have the groups which welcome players from all three teams, further complicating things.

I'd say check your local group first, meet with them a few times for raids before you let your daughter participate.

So true. Last night was perfect example of this actually. Most I've meet been very welcoming. I went to a TTar raid near my house on request from my local FB group. When I got their, I noticed a big group. But for some reason their were 2 groups. I was confused, but didn't really question it much. I joined the 2nd smaller group since that was were my new FB friend was anyways. Found out afterwards that the 1st bigger group wouldn't let her join since she wasn't Mystic. WTF! What kind of asshole do you need to exclude people. This is a game all about social interaction and coming together.

I mentioned this and condemn them in the Discord group, since likely that was where they might have came from. I wish I knew sooner, I'd have said something.

Firemind

Mystic are the most likely to be assholes. No surprises there. Here they often don't wait for us because they have the patience of a child, so we said fine, we're not gonna bother to wait for them too next time.

GulAtiCa

I'm a rare nice Mystic then :p

I hate to think what people think of my lv 14 Fiancee joining in on T4 raids. I guess at least she's Mystic too lol.

Mystic are the most likely to be assholes. No surprises there. Here they often don't wait for us because they have the patience of a child, so we said fine, we're not gonna bother to wait for them too next time.

Funny, the Mystic players in my town are the larger amount of spoofers, etc.

I tell new players to join Mystic for the advantage of having so many gyms around lol.

As for legendary raids I'm excited, but I guess I need to find a Facebook group / discord again... I wonder how frequently they'll spawn in small towns*

*never

Qwark

Valors are the asshloes in my town. For a long time there were a bunch of spoofers taking over the gyms with names like "WeRunThisTown", "WhyEvenTry". Most of them are good, but there's bad eggs in every group.

GulAtiCa

Yep. And honestly it can be hard to tell if their is a spoofer on your team at times since you aren't regularly noticing gyms go down often and keeping track of people. Esp in the old system

Top Bottom