• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

No wonder nobody shows up for legenfary raids because NIANTIC FUCKED IT UP ONCE AGAIN
Remove the raid countdown and put legendary raids everywhere. That's like the perfect way to NOT implement legendarys. This company, geez.

In other news: got 60k stardust in 3h so I aint even mad

Right, so once I spend my raid pass it waits for others for 90 seconds, then I fight alone if there's noone there?
Yes, the biggest flaw in the system. You can down any level 1 and depending on your level and mons, all level 2 raids solo. For anything bigger, don't waste your pass unless know others are doing it.

I'd suggest 3-4 players for level 3
And 6 plus for level 4.

Don't know about legendary as I havnt seen it yet but I'd guess 10 plus.

Yes, the biggest flaw in the system. You can down any level 1 and depending on your level and mons, all level 2 raids solo. For anything bigger, don't waste your pass unless know others are doing it.

I'd suggest 3-4 players for level 3
And 6 plus for level 4.

Don't know about legendary as I havnt seen it yet but I'd guess 10 plus.

Oh, okay. I'll be in Amsterdam in a few days, there will probably be better opportunities there. Are there any popular spots near the museum district, maybe?

friend beat the new legendary with just 5 people. granted they are all level 30 but still.

Oh, okay. I'll be in Amsterdam in a few days, there will probably be better opportunities there. Are there any popular spots near the museum district, maybe?

just came back from there, most expensive place i've ever been to. good luck lol. every gym was full too :(

Luxorek

Two days ago I had a raid Tyranitar 98% IV run away on me, yesterday I had a raid Tyranitar 100%, next to my house, a freaking perfect beast run away on me.

Today...

Caught both Legendaries on my first tries on my first throws.

5eIQxsO.png

Not the strongest, but it's more about the Pokedex completion at this point. Got some nice XP and like 5 TMs.

I cannot catch the legendaries for the life of me. Battled two and win and neither would stay in its ball. Any tips?

This is what I would expect from the catch rate figures people are posting. SilphRoad subreddit says 2% base catch rate, 5% with golden razz, curve/medals/accuracy bonus on top. So you're maybe looking at 8-10% max if you do absolutely everything right.

People fail to get tier 4s all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised at 0/2 hit rate. (Disappointed, yes, of course! But not surprised.)

c-murph

Hit level 28 yesterday. Fired off 150K worth of Pidgeys, Weedles, and Caterpies. Killed off another 134K worth this morning and few into Level 29. Still have another 45 Pidgeys left and over 800 candies...

Only got around 100K on my secondary account and got to level 21.

I'm thinking I can catch another 30 or so more to do a third round of evos tomorrow. Knock out most of level 29 any way.

Luxorek

How do you know IVs before you catch them?

All raid bosses are at a level 20. Hence you can easily check on the internet what kind of CP a 'mon like that has to have to be a perfect/100% IV. Here is a spreadsheet from /r/theSilphRoad with the values.

I remembered that a 100% Tyranitar has a 2097 CP. The 98% one I'm guessing since it had 2095 CP.

c-murph

All raid bosses are at a level 20. Hence you can easily check on the internet what kind of CP a 'mon like that has to have to be a perfect/100% IV. Here is a spreadsheet from /r/theSilphRoad with the values.

I remembered that a 100% Tyranitar has a 2097 CP. The 98% one I'm guessing since it had 2095 CP.

OMG awesome thank you!

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Did a Lugia raid with 20 people in the group and there was still more people pouring in. Still with 20 people attacking that thing took down all my Pokemon and I had to rejoin

Did an Articuno raid earlier and I was shocked how many people turned up, it was the most I've seen since launch. Beat it easily with a group of 20 and caught it on my third ball

Quadratic

No they're unlocked. Lugia because it was the grand prize of the GoFest challenges and Articuno because Mystic contributed the most *shakesfist*

Thanks, I thought there would be some urgency to getting them today. I guess I'll just wait for spawns in my neighbourhood rather than traveling downtown.

I beat Arcticuno this morning but only 3 out of the 13 players I was in the raid with managed to catch it.

03sho

I've noticed today that they no longer give you a countdown to a raid. They just put the Pokemon on their with the time limit. Been searching for raids all day at work and no eggs pop up with the difficulty stars. Just the raid Pokémon appears with the time limit to beat it

CassSept

Legendary raids look funny, random groups of 20-30 people glued to screens.

My experience was 50/50 thus far, I caught two Articunos (sub-80% :(), the second one in first throw, but then two Lugias rain. I wonder how common they will be after tomorrow but I'm very time constrained at the moment sadly

I've noticed today that they no longer give you a countdown to a raid. They just put the Pokemon on their with the time limit. Been searching for raids all day at work and no eggs pop up with the difficulty stars. Just the raid Pokémon appears with the time limit to beat it

Yup, and all raids are two hours instead of one now.

On the one hand, it's less time to prepare. On the other hand, for the tier 3/4 raids, I found we would just wait for the egg to pop before deciding if it was worth doing anyways, so it's actually MORE time to prepare from that perspective. Plus, this might allow gyms to cycle through raids faster, since each gym is in pre-raid/raid mode for two hours instead of three.

I hope this is just a bug or a mistake. If it stays that way I'd be fucking pissed

Growlie19

Just came back from a Lugia and Articuno raid, caught neither of them. But it was awesome seeing a group of 40ish people sitting around with one goal in mind. Though I wish the game would give me more Gold Razzes. I blaze right through them.

-MB-

Finally managed an Articuno. But after the intial first Lugia I haven't seen any other start, whilst there has been a dozen Articunos.
Did 8 raids in total, they all fell easy with groups of 10-15 people. But only caught 1 legendary.

At the very first oen of the afernoon, we even had 35 people show up at once, which prompted cops to visit lol. Wondering why we were with so many.

parasight

Hate being Instinct in these raids. I end up with like 5-8 premier balls every encounter. They're hard enough to catch as is. Missed out on one of each this morning. Couldn't get a feel for their movement. Kept throwing too short. They don't attack as much, just go up and down frequently which I found harder to time. Maybe throwing a curve while it's on the way down would work. As long as it doesn't attack during that movement.

T.O.P

Banned
Hate being Instinct in these raids. I end up with like 5-8 premier balls every encounter. They're hard enough to catch as is. Missed out on one of each this morning. Couldn't get a feel for their movement. Kept throwing too short. They don't attack as much, just go up and down frequently which I found harder to time. Maybe throwing a curve while it's on the way down would work. As long as it doesn't attack during that movement.

Just throw a curve as their attack animation ends, no point wasting balls when they are moving

Lots of patience but it's better than waste throws

I'm getting 12 candies per legendary cause with the Chicago catch rate you can just toss a Pinap berry and forget about it.
Probably gonna hit up Navy Pier once more before we head out. It had some good stuff I don't see much at home (Magnemite, Totodile, Voltorb) so it should be even crazier with the apology bonuses.

Joni

Just did my first legendary raid. Articuno took three tries. First two we were 8, it was not enough. Third time, we were 18 and we succeeded. I did lose my 6th Pokémon just the moment it went down so it crashed out when I rejoined. Thank god, game remembered I was in there. Didn't see the results screen, but I ended up with 11 balls and about 9 Golden Razz extra. And then I kept failing to hit it/it kept escaping... so no Articuno ...
At least the 12 Rare Candy were useful for Tyrannitar, only two more.

c-murph

So, Legendary raids still work the same? One free pass then premium for each additional raid?

I'm at work so can't go hunting yet...

So, Legendary raids still work the same? One free pass then premium for each additional raid?

I'm at work so can't go hunting yet...

Yes. Same raid passes as all other raids, and the system remains one free pass and additional passes for coins.

Got an Articuno and a Lugia just now. Definitely big crowds coming out for both, the Articuno looked like we might have missed the big groups but then a roving mob showed up and we took it down easy with 17. Lugia was similar but having everyone wipe at the same time was a real risk that time, it seems really important to make sure at least one player can remain in the fight while the others jump back in with a second team.

Re: catching, yeah, I agree that patience is absolutely the key. Both birds tend to fly up and down as their dodge, which actually isn't too bad but can make judging distances harder. Articuno I think is more difficult because it's normal-sized, whereas Lugia's target circle is enormous. Managed to catch Articuno in 2 and Lugia in 4, which probably means I should go buy a lottery ticket now.

Been in Santa Monica all morning and not a single legandery raid so far, lol. This damn game sometimes. The only one I saw had a minute to go as I was parking.

-MB-

Looks like it is only Articuno spawning here now. Haven't seen a single Lugia since early this morning. A shame, it is the only one of the 2 I need. Wasted too many passes on additional Articunos now. Want to preserve a few for catching that Lugia.

parasight

Just throw a curve as their attack animation ends, no point wasting balls when they are moving

Lots of patience but it's better than waste throws

That's what I typically do. But I had problems throwing when they reach the upper section cause I would throw short.

Havent played Pokemon Go in a while so maybe i missed this but did they change it so that the other leaders can also appraise your Pokemon? I'm in Instinct but the chick from Valor showed up. Is this normal?

Legendaries finally popped up on Santa Monica. Tried for the full 2 hours and couldn't beat it do to all the network errors. Nobody in the group of 70+ people had any successes. Where is my free shit for that miserable experience and wasted raid pass?

Top Bottom