• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

robochimp

Total haul from last night and this morning in the Chicago free legendary zone 6 Articuno and 4 Lugia. 5 fast and 3 charged TMs from raids.

My pinapp berry and great/ultra ball stash ended up going towards the Abras and Machop that were everywhere. I gained about 500 candy for each. Got a bunch of Heracross, only one with double fighting moves. Got the C H I C A G O unowns.

That wraps up my GO fest.

RyanW

I feel like it'd be awesome if every weekend had one of these bonuses active. One weekend is double exp, the next is double stardust, and so on and so forth. Perfect time of the week for people to be active and more incentive to play

zulux21

I've done for raids and have four articuno. The first two i caught on the first ball. Third i Reid for double candy and caught on the seventh ball with golden raspberry. Last caught on third ball for double candy

Magik

I feel like it'd be awesome if every weekend had one of these bonuses active. One weekend is double exp, the next is double stardust, and so on and so forth. Perfect time of the week for people to be active and more incentive to play

Bonus' and events are the only times I really put some time in. Otherwise, I'll do my dailies and a raid and that's it.

Did two Legendary raids, one Articuno and one Lugia

I caught both. Man I must be the luckiest person in the world haha. IVs are also good. 89% and 96%. Already beefed up my Lugia to 2450CP.

Man I saw so many players today. At both raids at least 30 people showed up and there were new players coming every minute. It was incredible. Even saw a lot of people with team shirts.
What a great day. Played for 9h. Man my feet hurt right now. I'm so exhausted. But it was worth it. Hatched maybe 30 eggs. Got so much stardust, I stopped counting. Must have been 100k-200k at least. Probably caught hundreds of Pokemon. I don't think I had this much fun since the game launched. Just incredible.

Lol Lugia spawns at my gym near work and I'm at home - blahhh

Also finally got a chance t oattempt Articuno with a group of 11. Got through it (Fire types all the way) but couldn't catch it because it kept moving up and down. But at least Niantic didn't decide to place it far away like a Zubat lol

Did one raid for each of the legendaries, beat both, failed to catch both.
On the flipside, I was level 28 this morning, and two lucky eggs, and a shitload of walking and catching later, I'm level 30. Phew.

Did two Legendary raids, one Articuno and one Lugia

I caught both. Man I must be the luckiest person in the world haha. IVs are also good. 89% and 96%. Already beefed up my Lugia to 2450CP.

Man I saw so many players today. At both raids at least 30 people showed up and there were new players coming every minute. It was incredible. Even saw a lot of people with team shirts.
What a great day. Played for 9h. Man my feet hurt right now. I'm so exhausted. But it was worth it. Hatched maybe 30 eggs. Got so much stardust, I stopped counting. Must have been 100k-200k at least. Probably caught hundreds of Pokemon. I don't think I had this much fun since the game launched. Just incredible.

Don't let Gaming OT know you're having fun with this game! j/k :)

GulAtiCa

Did a mass transfer of Pokemon today and gained a lot of new candies! Now have over 700 Dratini candies, 500 Rhyhon candies and over 150 Tyranitar candies. Also did probably 8 raids today. Caught my 1st 3 Lugias! Nothing really special, maybe a 88%. Caught 2 Articunos. 1 Lugia, 1 Articuno and a Tyranitar escaped.

My fiancee Lori is now lv 20! She was 15 this morning. She hatched her 1st > 1000 cp Pokemon today, Scyther. Also now has a Articuno and a Tyranitar! I'm so proud of her. Esp since now she starting to get decent Pokemon to use for raids and such.

DFbmIRMXgAE1AGZ.jpg:large

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Is it known yet whether Articuno and Lugia are actually useful in the game as attackers/raids? Luckily I got one of each for my pokedex, but I'm getting discouraged with the low capture rate so might not go out of my way to pursue more.

Is it known yet whether Articuno and Lugia are actually useful in the game as attackers/raids? Luckily I got one of each for my pokedex, but I'm getting discouraged with the low capture rate so might not go out of my way to pursue more.
Well Articuno is the best ice Pokemon right now so also the best dragonite counter.

And Lugia might be the best Machamp counter out there so yeah I think they're quite useful

Dishwalla

Banned
Didn't have much time to go out today but in the short time all I saw as far as raids was two Vaporeons and an Electabuzz. Hoping for better results tomorrow when I have more time.

Firemind

Well Articuno is the best ice Pokemon right now so also the best dragonite counter.

And Lugia might be the best Machamp counter out there so yeah I think they're quite useful
Jynx has more attack than Articuno and they're both weak to Steel Wing so not at all.

Lugia is the best Machamp counter but has quite low attack so you'd have to power it up to a decent level if you don't want to time out in Machamp raids.

Personally, I'm not going to bother with either. They're both bad general attackers because of their low attack and they can't be used as defenders.

Waiting for our Battery Jesus.

Did an Articuno and Lugia back-to-back today and caught both, with each being wonders. Hell of a turnaround from yesterday's three consecutive failures! Along with finally getting an Ash Pichu last night, finally getting another King's Rock and getting Slowking, and getting 160,000xp from a mass evolution (with another 1-2 more to go), feeling pretty good about this weekend! lol

AND the local Unown scanner bot is back up, so maaaaaaybe I can finally nab one. Two days before I knew about it, it picked up an Unown within walking distance from my home, and then it went down for a week less than a day after I found it.

It is finished:

https://imgur.com/gallery/I1Pap

Took 4 attempts for Articuno, 6 for Lugia. Lugia is okay IVs, Articuno is near perfect. Ironically enough, both catches were off Pinap berries lmao.

Today was the most fun I've had playing in a long time. Commanding two groups of strangers to meet up all over town was neat.

Well that's one way of looking at Lugia hahaha.

You must be swimming in TMs by now, surely?

Funny enough, nope. Tons of Revives lol. Only have like 2 of each TM, and like 80 rare candy now though. That Dragonite is happening.

Couldn't complete a Legandary raid in Santa Monica due to all the network errors. Couldn't complete any legandary raid by my place because literally nobody showed up. It's really frustrating and my fiancé is ready to quit the game after all the network errors this morning. It was an awful experince. For two hours we tried to complete a raid and it was impossible. There were so many people there dealing with the same issue. This game has been out for over a year and it's still broken.

Damn it. I took down Articuno with a group of ten, but I couldn't catch it.

I had 11 balls. I hit with 9 of them, and I used the Golden Razz Berry + curve each time. There were a few times where it shook twice, and I got anxious.

At least my rewards were good. I got two Fast TMs and one Charge TM from it. I got some Gold Berries and Rare Candy, too. I still have another free raid pass, because I saved one from yesterday and did a Gym spin immediately after. I will just save this one again for tomorrow if I don't see another Legendary.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that I hatched a Porygon from a 10km earlier in the day! My first Porygon hatch ever, and the first one with IVs that aren't garbage. My 10km hatches continue to be amazing. I really just want Mareep now.

we had some drama in our group when over 60 people showed up at points and people that were stragglers. Honestly better to just have 12 active group of players that you're close with and raid with them. It's a nightmare having to coordinate that many people. (especially if they're randos and it's hard to care about whether or not they should be playing).

Quadratic

My raid results today were 5 Articunos with 1 cap and 3 Lugias and 0 caps.

I met some people today who were also unsuccessful catching Lugia and we're going to give it another shot tomorrow after work before the legendary raid spawns go back to normal.

East coast people had a shorter window to raid unfortunately.

Toki767

1 out of 2 on both Lugia and Articuno.

Success.

Anyone know how long these XP/egg hatching/candy bonuses are supposed to last for?

Acerac

Banned
I just got out of work to see that raids are now ending an hour earlier than they were previously, so I guess that's another day I'm randomly fucked out of chances at catching these birds.

How fun.

we had some drama in our group when over 60 people showed up at points and people that were stragglers. Honestly better to just have 12 active group of players that you're close with and raid with them. It's a nightmare having to coordinate that many people. (especially if they're randos and it's hard to care about whether or not they should be playing).

Yeah, there's a little bit of chaos every time you show up to a Lugia raid (and even Articuno really). All the raids I went to seemed to work it out organically, though, so I guess I got lucky.

Final tally for today: 3 Articunos, 2 Lugias, just under 50% hit rate (shouldn't have done those last two Articuno raids!). More importantly, this weekend has been the most fun I've had in Pokemon Go in a long time, possibly ever. I really can't recommend enough joining your local raid Discord/Whatsapp/whatever, it really helps with getting raids together and meeting fun people and stuff.

Dominator

I got very lucky today. I went to a Lugia raid with my friend (this was his 9th raid of the day split between the two legendaries and he caught none of them) and we both didn't catch it. Went down the street to an Articuno and was able to catch it first try. Went to two more Lugia's and I caught both of them. So I have two Lugia's and one Articuno while only doing four raids.

I also then went to a Magikarp raid and that bastard was gold! Nobody else got a gold one except for me.

Went to 5 legendary raids today and not another single person there. It really sucks man. I have to be dependant on other people to get these. Also that there are no 2 hour egg timers anymore so you can't be there right when it starts to hopefully catch other people. They need to fix these raids.

I would suggest the cp to match the number of players in the lobby so smaller pokes for single players, you get a weaker pokes but you still get them.

So tempted to find out how to spoof into Chicago. I was at the event but it's too far to drive again and I want an Articuno.
Thought crossed my mind. But the more I thought about I realized there is no guarantee there'd be group at that raid at that time. And you could waste a pass on a chance just to see if there was a group. And knowing niantic, the system is probably intentional.

So tempted to find out how to spoof into Chicago. I was at the event but it's too far to drive again and I want an Articuno.

Why would you need to spoof into Chicago for Articuno? It's spawning everywhere. Just had two in my neighborhood back-to-back and another a mile away, with many more within a reasonable distance, and I'm in a Phoenix suburb. :p

All them Unown tho...

Why would you need to spoof into Chicago for Articuno? It's spawning everywhere. Just had two in my neighborhood back-to-back and another a mile away, with many more within a reasonable distance, and I'm in a Phoenix suburb. :p

All them Unown tho...

because of the 100% catch rate. Don't know if it's only for people who were at the event, but I was. But I'm like a 90 minute drive away.

also parents who bring their kids to raids but their kids are using wobuffets.

Fine with 1 or 2 kids with 12 people.

But 5 or 6 kids with 12 people. You die, don't get damage bonus since you die and youre stuck throwing five balls at a pokemon with a godamn 2% catch rate.

Sigh.

Toki767

Caught another Articuno just cause I passed by one and a group was there.

2 out of 3 for Articuno.

1 out of 2 for Lugia.

The IVs on these suck though. Not even in the 90s.

zulux21

Why the hell haven't I been doing that? I have over 100 Pinap, lol

because unless you need pidgy candy there isn't much point since pidgy only effectively costs 2 to evolve (you get 6 for catching 2 for evolving and 2 for selling)

10 raids today. 2 articunos, 2 lugia.

I'm happy even though their IVs arent great.

6 raids today
4 articuno
2 lugia

one of the articuno I caught with the candy increase berries
and in general I averaged 3 balls per legendary to get them.
yes my group hated me.

robochimp

because of the 100% catch rate. Don't know if it's only for people who were at the event, but I was. But I'm like a 90 minute drive away.

For some reason the legendary raids spawning at Maggie Daley park were regular red ring Pokémon . I was staying at the Fremont and the three gyms right around it were giving out green ring legendaries.

dark_chris

Gold Member
The catch rate for Lugia and Articuno in downtown Chicago was 100%. You can never miss them. Perfect opportunity to use the pinap berries on them.
My gf and I had a blast walking around catching them all day today. It was easy pickings cause downtown was crowded like hell. The unfortunate thing was that since it was too crowded so the game kept crashing, sometimes I would just do one attack and the game crashes on me, but when I return, the battle is over and I "won" - free items and a free Lugia catch.

Overall it was an amazing weekend catching so many legendaries. I do plan to go back tomorrow to catch some before it goes away.

Are you in LA by any chance?

LOL if so....I think I was in one of those raids.

Joni

Hatched a Hat Pichu, so that set is complete. Got a new Feraligatr, pumped it to 2250 CP but I need more candy to go further. Double dark move set. Might want to fix that in the future.

Did a mass transfer of Pokemon today and gained a lot of new candies! Now have over 700 Dratini candies, 500 Rhyhon candies and over 150 Tyranitar candies. Also did probably 8 raids today. Caught my 1st 3 Lugias! Nothing really special, maybe a 88%. Caught 2 Articunos. 1 Lugia, 1 Articuno and a Tyranitar escaped.

You stole all the Dragonite and Tyranitar in the world.

Top Bottom