• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I mean...they are legendaries...feels fine as it is imo

it's legendary to get 10 people together and beat the raid.

I mean, if the raids are hard to find, hard to get groups together for, impossible to do with less than 8-9 people.... and then after jumping through all of that, spending 30-40-50 minutes at a time..... you fail?

Just a huge kick in the balls.

Toki767

it's legendary to get 10 people together and beat the raid.

I mean, if the raids are hard to find, hard to get groups together for, impossible to do with less than 8-9 people.... and then after jumping through all of that, spending 30-40-50 minutes at a time..... you fail?

Just a huge kick in the balls.
I bet they're going to try to sell you a Master Ball for 1000 pokecoins :p

GulAtiCa

Are you sure about this? The people I know that attended thought that it would be added to their account, probably when the $100 would be added. I assumed the easy catch Lugia was an apology on top of that.

You can see it directly in action here from Trainer Tips: https://youtu.be/TCPXjgreykA?t=484

As you see, was 100% (fully green ring) for him. That was the evening of Saturday.

I have no idea if anyone will be getting a Lugia added free to their account. I didn't go, so I didn't really pay to much attention to anything unrelated to me in a sense. I just know of the 100% catch rate for those in Chicago the evening of.

robochimp

That was only for those in the Chicago Go Fest event I believe. Had to tackle and defeat a Lugia Raid and the Lugia was a 100% catch rate (as long as you actually hit it.)

The word at Go fest was that they will be adding a Lugia to all the checked in accounts.

The green ring legendaries were a separate phenomenon.

Qwark

You can see it directly in action here from Trainer Tips: https://youtu.be/TCPXjgreykA?t=484

As you see, was 100% (fully green ring) for him. That was the evening of Saturday.

I have no idea if anyone will be getting a Lugia added free to their account. I didn't go, so I didn't really pay to much attention to anything unrelated to me in a sense. I just know of the 100% catch rate for those in Chicago the evening of.

I know that it was an instant catch in Chicago, but the phrasing in all of the announcements makes it sound like the free Lugia is something different, for example from GI's article:

Pokémon Go Fest attendees will also receive the first Legendary Pokémon, Lugia. The rare beast will be added to all accounts that were registered for today's festival.

-MB-

Tried to go for a 2nd lugia/articuno, but after 10 attemps, nothing. So i decided to quit trying. Saving the remainder of the premium passes on the eventual zapdos and moltres legendaries.

On the upside, did a 7 10km egg run and got 3 Mareep with each 46 candies 2 Chanseys with 52 each, 1 Miltank with 40 and a Sudowoodo that became professor fodder right after.

Lugia raid was a success!

I was #21 to show up and the group started already. I waited and within 15 mins we had another 20 people. The thirst for Lugia is real.

20 person battle makes it a joke. Only took 4 pokemon of my roster. And I caught it on the first ball! Group chat posted another Lugia raid a short drive into downtown. The whole group decided to go and I ended up giving a total stranger a ride to the raid. He was pretty cool, bikes ALL OVER the city to play.

At the second raid spot we quickly formed another group of 20. A girl and her BF showed up right as we started and threw a hissy fit that she couldn't get in. I tried to assure her that more would come (the raid had over an hour left) but she just wasn't having it. One ball wonder strikes again, I now have 2 Lugias!

Rafavert

Man, this event was great for me!

Went from lv27 to 29

Evolved a LOT of mons I didn't have yet (Venusaur, Blissey, Dugtrio, Persian, Alakazam, the list goes on and on) and caught Articuno!

Now to give Go a bit of a rest xD this has been a carnage on my mobile data (I only have 300mb)

Pineapple

I hope the legendary event ends tonight. The excitement and enthusiasm I saw today was similar to what I saw a year ago. There were dozens of people showing up for legendary raids today. We would get a group of 15+ together within minutes, and by the time we took it down and had a chance to catch it, another 10+ people had already shown up to form another team. It was just awesome. To keep it like that, legendary Pokemon need to be kept on a timer, then phased out for a while.

So, I hope tonight is the final night to catch the legendaries. Then in 3-4 weeks, do another 48 hour legendary event with Ho-Oh and Moltres. Then another at the end of September with Zapdos and maybe Mewtwo. And just keep rotating.

The catch rate feels just right - extremely difficult, but not impossible. About 2-3 in each group of 15 would catch it.

All the new stuff is actually making me play the game less.
I feel like I've got no hope of ever doing the higher raids so I'm just going to get left behind and may as well just give up playing.

Firemind

TIL you don't get the damage bonus if all your Pokemon fainted during the raid.

Cleared my Pokemon stash, did some mass evolves and I'm now lvl. 38! Just 8 million more exp 😂

Lunar FC

Finally had some time to hunt some legendaries today. Caught a 2038 Lugia on my very first throw. Didn't find a good group for an Articuno though. 😕

Did 5 raids today. 3 Lugia and 2 Articuno. Didn't catch either Articuno, and for Lugia I had one runaway, one failed completion (started riiight before the timer ran out, so no do-over), and one successful catch. So I'm sitting on 2 Lugia and 1 Articuno total, after my catches yesterday.

Ashodin

Aww yeah I went out later and did another Lugia raid AND GOT ONE

cQHZIIpl.png

wooooooooooooooo best moves!

beta_fuse

My friend said there was a press release saying the bonuses were extended for 72 hours. Pretty sweet

I guess it also includes legendary raids. Very Sweet!

Throw golden razz and make sure you curve. Forget trying to hit the inner circle. Just make sure you hit the pokemon. You only get 9 balls. If you hit it each time with 9 balls statistically that's 50% of the time you're catching them.

I did 3 Articuno raids today, and I couldn't catch a single one despite maximizing my chances with the Golden Berries and curve balls. I saw tons of Lugia, but I haven't battled one yet.

Really pissed, but the three day extension gives me hope. The bonuses make the game really fun to play, but the only other thing that I really want is a Mareep hatch.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
All the new stuff is actually making me play the game less.
I feel like I've got no hope of ever doing the higher raids so I'm just going to get left behind and may as well just give up playing.

I'm with you. I quit my local group and the game entirely when the gym system changed. I have since moved to a new part of the country. First time I raided was this past weekend for legendaries. After being burned twice yesterday and once today when raid meetings with Discord strangers started without me, I think I'm done for now until more legendaries are released

Man, had the absolute best session this morning.

Went to make the most of the end of the event, and hatched two Snorlax (only ones I've ever hatched lol, one was 89%), an 89% Scyther that I evolved and got Fury Cutter/X-Scissor, 98% Phanpy, 96% Totodile, 87% Omanyte that evolved into Water Gun/Hydro Pump, 91% Larvitar, 89% Growlithe, 89% Mareep, 96% Togepi, and 93% Poliwag.

Plus a random catch of a 93% level 26 Gastly, which evolved into Hex/Shadow Ball.

Plus got enough stardust to power up my 91% Golems with Rock Throw/Stone Edge and Rock Throw/Rock Blast, plus boost that Gengar I caught, as well as yesterdays Lugia (89% with double psychic moves) all to level 30.

And holy shit yes at the event being extended!
Going to do another big sesh and power up 2 Machamp and that Scizor I got today.
After those maybe an Omastar and Flareon? Plus need to save some stardust for Zapdos/Moltres seeing they'll be fantastic attackers.

I'm with you. I quit my local group and the game entirely when the gym system changed. I have since moved to a new part of the country. First time I raided was this past weekend for legendaries. After being burned twice yesterday and once today when raid meetings with Discord strangers started without me, I think I'm done for now until more legendaries are released
You gotta fine a chill group. We will wait for ours. And won't take it personally if they start if we're too far away.

My local raid facebook chat reached maximum capacity, since last night there is now 540 unread messages lol.

Lugia raid I did yesterday ended up having 3 groups, so near 60 people turned up. Means raids always start before the organised time considering the 20 person lobby.
It's pretty crazy considering my city is only 200k people. Legendaries have brought a ton of hype.

Busaiku

I finally managed to get all the 1st gen Pokémon possible in the US.
I still need more candy evolve a Charmander and Machop into Charmeleon and Machoke for my living Pokédex (I have Charizard and Machamp) though.

Still a ways away from 2nd gen though.
There are several lines I have none of.
Saving up those Rare Candy for those guys.

Got Articuno and Lugia yesterday as well.
It's been a good weekend/Monday.

zulux21

Apparently the event ends on July 27th now so 2 days extra :D

yup

Trainers, the global rewards unlocked during #PokemonGOFest have been extended 72 hours. They will now end at 5:00 P.M. PDT on July 27.

I am okay with this. I know I will go for a walk weds.

might go for a walk around town tomorrow hoping to get another legendary.

oti

Banned
Not really interested in raids but this three-day extension means I'm going to walk SO DAMN MUCH and I'm happy about that.

Toki767

Not really interested in raids but this three-day extension means I'm going to walk SO DAMN MUCH and I'm happy about that.

I might finally be able to get enough candy to evolve my Chansey into a Blissey.

That said, I am holding on to like 30+ rare candies though lol.

I'm down to 4 Pokémon left, two of which I can get whenever I choose to evolve them (Jumpluff and Forretress), so functionally I'm down to just 2 more Pokémon: Unown and Cleffa.

I genuinely believe Cleffa will be the last Pokémon I need. What the fuck.

I'm down to 4 Pokémon left, two of which I can get whenever I choose to evolve them (Jumpluff and Forretress), so functionally I'm down to just 2 more Pokémon: Unown and Cleffa.

I genuinely believe Cleffa will be the last Pokémon I need. What the fuck.

Cleffa? Wow that's strange.

My last two missing are Unown and Hitmontop, which is not that unusual I guess.

Just hatched a Larvitar and Snorlax, very nice. Didn't come with that much candy though.

CassSept

Cleffa? Wow that's strange.

My last two missing are Unown and Hitmontop, which is not that unusual I guess.

Just hatched a Larvitar and Snorlax, very nice. Didn't come with that much candy though.

I just gave up hope, I'm down to Unown, Tyrogue and Hitmontop and yeah, maybe one day I'll get them, maybe. I already hatched 3 Elekids this event though, I'm drowning in all baby Pokemon but Tyrogue.

Firemind

You gotta fine a chill group. We will wait for ours. And won't take it personally if they start if we're too far away.
Yeah it takes all kinds of people. We will wait but a few times has happened where the first group finished their raid and some of them want to piggyback the second raid with ours with their second account. At first we were whatevs legendaries woo but now we say bugger off you leeching low life scum.

Kinokou

Missing out on the legendary event Sunday made me realize how stressed Pokemon Go managed to make me so I deleted the app and hoped I would not hear anything about it again until Halloween. News on this events extension has me conflicted, but I think I have done what is right for me at this point in my life.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Missing out on the legendary event Sunday made me realize how stressed Pokemon Go managed to make me so I deleted the app and hoped I would not hear anything about it again until Halloween. News on this events extension has me conflicted, but I think I have done what is right for me at this point in my life.

they extended the event to last 2 more days

ZeroCDR

Wife and I did our first legendary raid yesterday (Articuno) and both caught it. Have yet to see a Lugia.

We were rushing to hatch our eggs because we thought the event was ending, oh well. I hatched a 98% Dratini and a Chansey with 52 candies, quite happy! Had to restock my incubators this morning, hatching largely garbage but I'm mainly stocking up on stardust here.

Top Bottom