• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Kinokou

they extended the event to last 2 more days

I referenced that, but I already deleted the app and the "damage" is done, hearing about the extension after the fact is not enough to make me go back. Honestly there is more going on than I'm willing to describe, but this app and event have managed to deeply upset me on a level that it has no right to. I hope a break will do me good.

GulAtiCa

It's not like Legionaries are going away for good...

But, best to do what's best for your health. Getting stressed out over a Game isn't good. Take time to rewind.

The new raids/gym system seems to be very divisive.

I'm most definitely not a fan at the moment.
I haven't managed to do a single raid over 2 stars yet.
Since raids began I've only gained 9 rare candies and a single TM :(

I have been to two Legendary raids so far and not a single other person turned up.
And I live in London! I don't understand why there's never anyone else raiding.

Gym system is very hit and miss for me too, but it feels like I'm gaining less coins overall.

I've only had one 10k egg in the last month too, and it was a fucking Chinchou.

Really losing patience with this game, it's very frustrating not being able to do high level raids 'naturally' (ie. without using Discord or whatever to co-ordinate with strangers, which is not in the slightest bit appealing to me).

Qwark

I've only had one 10k egg in the last month too, and it was a fucking Chinchou.

If it makes you feel any better, Chinchou is in 5k eggs now :/

I'm not a big fan of the new gym system either, I don't like depending on luck to get kicked out at the right time.

I do really like the raids though, but my experience seems to be much different than yours. I've done many full raids over the last couple days.

If it makes you feel any better, Chinchou is in 5k eggs now :/

Did this just happen? Because the 10K I got him in wasn't an old one I got it 5 or 6 days ago I think?

Man, all you people saying you're doing 5 Legendary raids a day with 15-25 people, where the fuck do you live, Johto?

gutshot

I work in a small city of about 260k people. I just did an Articuno raid where there were 4 groups of about 10-15 people each. It's really easy to find legendary raid groups where I am. Maybe London is so big that the groups tend to get spread out more?

Maybe London is so big that the groups tend to get spread out more?

That did cross my mind. But the first raid I went to was where I live, on the outskirts, where it's much quieter.
Then just now I went to one near my work, in a very densely populated area (where there are a LOT of people in their 20s/30s who I would expect to be playing), and nothing.
I was genuinely surprised.

Edit: Also, I'm annoyed that raid bosses don't even show up as 'seen' in the Pokedex.

beta_fuse

Articunos seem way harder to catch than Lugias from my experience. I'm having such a hard time with them (although I diid catch 2 but still).

Looked in the OP and couldn't find anything...

I've been away from GO since October but figured now is a fun time to get back into it. Is there a better way to keep your screen on while playing than there used to be? That was honestly the most annoying thing about this game was needing a second app just to be able to play without locking the screen.
Galaxy S5 Active is my phone.

Qwark

Did this just happen? Because the 10K I got him in wasn't an old one I got it 5 or 6 days ago I think?

Man, all you people saying you're doing 5 Legendary raids a day with 15-25 people, where the fuck do you live, Johto?

I noticed the Chinchou change on Sunday, so I think it was relatively recent.

I live in a biggish city in the Midwest, definitely not London size, guess I'm just lucky. There were some raids yesterday where we had up to 60 and we had to break up into groups based on teams.

-MB-

65k town, several legendary raids a day, and we have had groups of 40 ppl show up a few times, which had to split down to groups of 20. Quite an active base for such a small town really.

GulAtiCa

Oh, forgot to mention, but today I reached lv 36! I gained like 800k xp in the last week lol. Looking back, I became lv 35 exactly 3 weeks ago. That is quick!

DFlbbA2UAAAKmLp.jpg:large

GulAtiCa

game crashed on me at the end of a raid battle. I guess I don't get a change to catch articuno bc of it.

If the Raid Boss was still there and your group beat it. All you need to do is to Spin the Pokestop at the Gym. Will take you into the Capture screen / etc

Same thing happened for my 1st Lugia Raid. Frooze at very end. I then attempted to hit the Stop icon on Gym and it gave me rewards and allowed me to try again to catch it. It actually crashed 2 more times, but was allowed to keep going bakc in and eventually I caught it.

ryan299

If the Raid Boss was still there and your group beat it. All you need to do is to Spin the Pokestop at the Gym. Will take you into the Capture screen / etc

Same thing happened for my 1st Lugia Raid. Frooze at very end. I then attempted to hit the Stop icon on Gym and it gave me rewards and allowed me to try again to catch it. It actually crashed 2 more times, but was allowed to keep going bakc in and eventually I caught it.

i only got items. dam

Oh, forgot to mention, but today I reached lv 36! I gained like 800k xp in the last week lol. Looking back, I became lv 35 exactly 3 weeks ago. That is quick!

How are you doing this? Lucky egg spam with Pidgeys is still tolerable for you, I suppose.

I'm amazed that you're still so into the game to pull this off. I've been at level 33 for months, and I'm now finally 90K away from level 34. I probably won't be hitting 35 this year.

This pace is fine, since it means that I'll be basically be gaining EXP forever.

I played my ass off during the last three days, so I'm taking a break. Going to play on Wednesday.

GulAtiCa

How are you doing this? Lucky egg spam with Pidgeys is still tolerable for you, I suppose.

I'm amazed that you're still so into the game to pull this off. I've been at level 33 for months, and I'm now finally 90K away from level 34. I probably won't be hitting 35 this year.

This pace is fine, since it means that I'll be basically be gaining EXP forever.

I played my ass off during the last three days, so I'm taking a break. Going to play on Wednesday.

The Raids & new Gym system really brought me back and made me very active! I was of course already kinda active every day anyways. But Raids really did it for me.

As far as leveling up so quickly, I am as surprised as you. I've done a lot of Raids, and each of those were an added 3k xp each time (now worth more of course). And did probably 10 T5/T6 raids since Sunday, and that was about 130k in xp right there. For the past couple of months, I've been saving up Pokemon to evolve. Mainly pidgeys of course, but was catching all pokemon and just held onto the amt I needed to evolve. Also, to help get more stardust, I've been trying to hatch as many Pokemon as possible (I add 1 new egg incubator a day). Because of the 1/3rd egg distance, been hatching everything I can.

I'm trying to save up an extra lucky egg session for Thursday before this ends, to help toward the 2 million I need for lv 37. I really doubt I'll leach lv 37 anytime soon. Maybe 2 months if I'm lucky.

Can you collect daily raid passes or are you only allowed to hold one at a time?

Nope, you can only have one at a time, however if you use one, you can pick up another that same day. (so for instance, you got a pass on Monday, but didn't use it. You could use it Tuesday on one raid, then spin a Pokestop and get another one and use that one Tuesday. Then you can get another one on Wednesday)
Looked in the OP and couldn't find anything...

I've been away from GO since October but figured now is a fun time to get back into it. Is there a better way to keep your screen on while playing than there used to be? That was honestly the most annoying thing about this game was needing a second app just to be able to play without locking the screen.
Galaxy S5 Active is my phone.
If you're trying to keep the screen on and it's going off when you're walking, you may have Battery Saver enabled, which turns off the screen temporarily when you have your phone upside down.

in your phone's settings there should be a "Display" menu and then somewhere inside that should allow you to change how long it takes your phone to be "on" before it turns the screen off. Most phones have a default to like 30-seconds to a minute or so I think.

I think I seemed to have missed anyone talking about it, but...wasn't there an egg given away at GoFest? I know it ended up being a massive shitshow but I haven't seen anyone talk about the egg or what was in it/given away at the event.

Today has been a good day.

Randomly ran into a 2,268 CP Dragonite (my first) while hitting all the Pokestops downtown today. Then, I was able to participate in a 20 person raid on Articuno and grabbed one of those too!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
the 6th time was a charm last night in terms of getting Articuno.

Did 2 Lugia raids today and got Lugia on the first one.

now where is a damn Unown so I can complete this dex.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
saw lugia pop up 6 city blocks away had to book it along the way a little girl dropped her soccer ball into the street i stopped a car so i could get it for her then made it to the raid spot with 17 people already there and 15 seconds till raid started cut it super close but got in we downed it in 1 try with over 150 seconds left and i caught lugia in 4 throws my karma paid off for helping someone along the way even a few people after broke off and we did a tyranitar raid ended up catching it as well not great ivs but used the candy to power up the one i already have

its stats arnt great but i got em

and as of the end of today this is my top mons

did a articuno raid after as well only had 6 of us though we could only get it down to about 15-20% really thought golems would do the job but they die in 1 blizzard

after i told my friend i got a lugia he decided he would come out with me tomorrow and well try again

Cess007

Yesterday was the most fun I'd with Pokemon Go since it's launch. My city has a FB for Pokemon fans and everyone was helping locating the Legendaries and helping each other in raids. I was at a raid with almost 40 people taking down a Lugia. It was quite fun.

I got the Lugia on my first raid, and Articuno at the second

Luxorek

Got to level 37 today.

Love the double xp bonus and the stardust one even more. So easy to get like 200k exp in an hour or two with a lucky egg active by just walking, catching and spinning every pokestop. I'm actually running out of pokeballs for the first time since forever.

Also did two Articuno raids, didn't catch them, but no biggy. Got TMs which is what I really wanted. Also met a level 40 player for a first time, a lady with a daughter who came to my city for holidays.

Firemind

Did nine legendary raids today. Only managed to catch two Lugia and one Articuno. These buggers are so difficult to catch! I'm also never getting the gym control bonus even though the gym is my colour and I only get +1 damage at most. I really need some high level T-Tars lol. Could be worse. One of my buddies who went with me still needs Articuno for his dex.

Oh, and I got the error again where all my Pokemon fainted and the raid boss got defeated before I could rejoin, which resulted in not being able to go to the catch screen. Rightly pissed me of. The Blissey wasn't even fainted because she was still in the red after the raid! So protip: if the raid boss is in the red and you're on your last Pokemon, just let it faint. Don't dodge. You might get the dodge bug. Sometimes you can still get unlucky though and get error'd even if you didn't dodge at all which is really stupid. They should fix that.

1 raid yesterday, Lugia ran away.

3 raids today, Articuno ran away, Lugia ran away but finally caught an Articuno on attempt #4.

More importantly, randomly checked a local Facebook group here in Edinburgh and an Unown spawned around 2 miles away. Didn't need a second invitation - jumped in the car and it was still there. 2 (tense) escapes from a golden berry ultra combo but caught it in the end.

Just Lugia to go from everything so far - hopefully I'll grab one in the next couple of days.

robochimp

Here is the email that went out this afternoon about Go fest refunds.

On behalf of Niantic, we sincerely apologize for the technical issues many of you experienced at Pokémon GO Fest in Chicago. We are not satisfied by the way the event unfolded and we want to make it right to the many Trainers in attendance. We are providing all attendees with $100 worth of PokéCoins, the Legendary Pokémon Lugia, and a refund for the cost of your ticket and processing fees for purchases through Front Gate Tickets (the official ticketing vendor for the event).

To receive a ticket refund, you must submit a request by completing the form found here. All requests must be received no later than 11:59pm CT on Sunday, August 27th, 2017. Refunds will be processed no later than Friday, September 1st, 2017. Please note that refunds may take 7-10 business days for processing after September 1st to show up in your account. We are only able to refund ticket purchases made directly from Front Gate Tickets. All refunds will be credited to the original form of purchase, no exceptions. If you decided to resell your ticket, we encourage you to do the right thing and pass this refund on to whomever purchased the ticket.

If you were in attendance and checked into the event by scanning a QR code or manually entering a passcode, there is no action required on your part to claim the $100 PokéCoin bundle and the Legendary Pokémon Lugia. Our engineering team is working to automatically add these to each attendee's account, and we anticipate they will appear in your account within the next 7 business days.

We have learned from this experience and will strive to do better going forward. Thank you for joining us on this continued adventure. We hope you are enjoying Legendary Raid Battles with your family and friends!

—The Pokémon GO team

I'm down to 4 Pokémon left, two of which I can get whenever I choose to evolve them (Jumpluff and Forretress), so functionally I'm down to just 2 more Pokémon: Unown and Cleffa.

I genuinely believe Cleffa will be the last Pokémon I need. What the fuck.

Cleffa? I wish trading was available - I have like 9 Cleffa lol

Top Bottom