• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Do you get potions instead of revives or additionally? If so then fuck this, all I want from raids is TMs and rare candy, I don't need crap I can get anyways -_-

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
ew potions from raids
revives and potions are garbage can get enough from stops and gym stops i only want candy and tms from raids if I'm dropping money on a raid i better get either tms or rare candy

GulAtiCa

For those of us who do raids often, getting super & hyper potions is a god send from raids. I'm nearly out. And I know lot others who having issues staying fully healed. This helps.

Also, had a 96 Zapdos run from me yesterday. Ouch! lol

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
For those of us who do raids often, getting super & hyper potions is a god send from raids. I'm nearly out. And I know lot others who having issues staying fully healed. This helps.

Also, had a 96 Zapdos run from me yesterday. Ouch! lol

Potions is a big problem in general. If you attack a lot of gyms and/or raid a lot you can go through pots pretty easily. Plus you can't actually buy any.

Then from Poke stops you might get 1 pot and the rest balls.

Wish the game somehow knew your inventory, and you'd get a higher chance of something if you have less of it than everything else.

GulAtiCa

Threw away 50 Max Potions a few days ago.

What? why? lol

I throw away revives oftne too. But potions are a must currently. Before Legendaries I had over 200 max potions, now down to just over 100 max. And that's with hitting like 30+ Pokestops a day. Though, I've prob done 50+ Legendary raids so far.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
What? why? lol

I throw away revives oftne too. But potions are a must currently. Before Legendaries I had over 200 max potions, now down to just over 100 max. And that's with hitting like 30+ Pokestops a day. Though, I've prob done 50+ Legendary raids so far.

i do gyms and raids daily and even i am overflowing with them i often throw away normal potions by the 100 i get waaaaaay more potions then pokeballs from stops every stop spin is like 3 potions and a ball

Vanillalite

i do gyms and raids daily and even i am overflowing with them i often throw away normal potions by the 100 i get waaaaaay more potions then pokeballs from stops every stop spin is like 3 potions and a ball

Weird.

Exact opposite here. I get like 3 balls then something else.

I throw away balls all the time, but I need more pots.

Awayze

Neo Member
I get too many potions and revives too, would prefer more pokeballs. Bin potions and super potions instantly, binned about 40 max potions and 50 revives yesterday.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
should of made raids drop raid currency and just have items in the shop you can buy with that would gladly take less items if i could choose what i get instead

How popular is this app still? I want to get back into it but now I feel like I'm so far behind by not catching the legendaries.

Also how do I get a Shiny Pikachu?

GulAtiCa

Pokeballs are overwhelming for me, I have Pokemon turned on my Plus just so I can get rid of them. Have over 500 combined balls on me currently. Had probably 650+ this morning. I also hit up pokestops constantly on my way in to work.

How popular is this app still? I want to get back into it but now I feel like I'm so far behind by not catching the legendaries.

Very popular. And you won't really be that far behind at all. Just join up at raids and try to catch some. Discord / Facebook chat are very popular for coordinating meet ups for raids. Don't worry about not playing for a while, lots of people I met are like lv 20s and such. We are, at least my area, is welcoming to all.

GulAtiCa

I'm level 15, any tips to level up fast or actions I should be taken?

I just requested to join a local FB group.

Leveling up these days is very easy. Best is basically lucky egg + visiting new pokestops. If you happen to know of a big pokestop area that you haven't gone to before (or at least not since before 2 weeks ago) with like 15+ pokestops. Hit up a lucky egg, spin the Pokestops (you get 250 if you never been before, so 500 here and 1000 for every 10th in a row) and catch everything.

Another good method is to use an lucky egg and do a mass evolution of things. Usually best to hold onto lots of things your wanting to evolve as well as keep catching pidgeys so you can evolve a lot of them.

Raids will get you a good bit of xp too. If you do end up doing Legendary raids with a group, you will gain 10,000 xp. Can make it 20,000 xp if you use an lucky egg. Though, only really recommend that last lucky egg if you know your going to do 2 or more back to back in 30 minute window

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit

that low level save up all your junk pokemon like pidgey and rattata and when you have 60 to evolve pop a lucky egg and evolve them doing that will level you through your 20s really fast

Magik

If you have money to spend get into as many legendary raids as you get 10k exp.

Otherwise catch and evolve everything you can. Pidgey and rattata are ideal.

Vanillalite

LTTP I know but just finally hit lvl 25.

That XP grind post lvl 20 gets more and more redonkulous though.

pokemon_go_2017-08-17ekywr.png

Magik

Lvl 25 to 30 is not really bad if you stock pile pidgey and rattata candies and use a lucky egg. You can probably do about 65 to 70 evolutions in 30 mins and get at least 60k exp. Even better is when you have double xp where the lucky egg becomes 4x exp.

If you think 25 to 30 is tough, wait till you get to level 30. Now that is a real grind.

GulAtiCa

LTTP I know but just finally hit lvl 25.

That XP grind post lvl 20 gets more and more redonkulous though.
Dude! Look out behind you, your about to be eaten alive!

Congrats. My fiancee just hit lv 25 recently too.

Lvl 25 to 30 is not really bad if you stock pile pidgey and rattata candies and use a lucky egg. You can probably do about 65 to 70 evolutions in 30 mins and get at least 60k exp. Even better is when you have double xp where the lucky egg becomes 4x exp.

If you think 25 to 30 is tough, wait till you get to level 30. Now that is a real grind.

haha, yep. I always think it's funny with people hit lv 20 and thing the "grind is on". I'm like, you are no young. lol

Actually, because of raids, and more importantly the legendary raids, I've been able to reach lv 36 very quickly. I'm also just 450k away from lv 37 now. Almost there!

Is there any point of leveling up?

zulux21

I just did a level 1 raid with a Lucky Eggs, I only got normal XP(at least thats what it showed in the lower right of the screen)

Higher CP Pokemon, better odds in gyms and raids

well and new items.

at level 30 you unlock max revives which can really speed up your reviving and bringing back your A team in a raid.

Will Pokemon I currently have CP rise when I level up or is it only for newly captured?

ones you already have can be leveled up by spending candy and stardust, but they don't go up in power when you level, just their level up cap rises.

wild pokemon will get more powerful on average as you level as they can show up as any level that you currently have (aka when you are level 25 you can face level 25 or below pokemon)

raid bosses are a flat level 20 though I think, so not sure what happens if you catch them below level 20.

Qwark

Ugh, I really don't need more potions from raids. But I guess it was inevitable, they were handing out too many good things. I'm sitting with 100+ rare candy and 20 of each TM in my inventory. My bottleneck is stardust (and pokeballs), not candy.

GulAtiCa

Lol, I have nearly 300 rare candies on me, and that is on top of the already 500+ rare candies I've already spent.

Also, got 30 Fast TMs & 25 Charged TMs. Been getting so many Fast TMs, that I've just been tossing them. Got 3 Fast TMs the other day and they went straight to the trash. lol

I was certainly luckier then most, as before the raids started I had like 250 Max Potions, so I was never really in immediate danger.

Besides potions, certainly the thing I'd want most is rare candies. Though, don't really know what to spend them on.. lol

What are your personal item limits? Ever since I got a PoGo Plus, normal poke balls are like gold to me. I've upgraded to the 1.5k item limit and still find myself short on room. Limiting berries/revives to 100 each and simply as many balls as I can squeeze in. All revives are thrown out except Max and supers as well.

Can someone explain the Pokemon Go accessories?

What does the 30 dollar button do?

Is Pokemon Go Plus device easier with an Apple Watch?

How bad does this all kill your data plan?

Also can you use to the Pokemon Go Plus with your Apple Watch to see what Pokemon you are encountering before pressing the button?

Also can you use to the Pokemon Go Plus with your Apple Watch to see what Pokemon you are encountering before pressing the button?

I don't have either, but I believe the Go+ and Apple Watch applets are alternatives to each other, and not meant to be used in conjunction. The biggest differences are that the Apple Watch applet doesn't allow you to capture Pokémon, but will notify you of them, and the Apple Watch allows you to accrue distance via stationary workouts like treadmills.

It will suck your battery dry, but it doesn't use that much data.

I love the plus. Unlike the buggy Apple Watch PoGo app, it actually counts my steps. It's super convenient to just hit a button to auto-spin or catch commons out and about. Even while driving, you can basically just hit the button when it buzzes without needing to look at it or anything. Glows green for a nearby pokemon, glows blue for nearby stop, glows multicolored for successful catch/spin. It will glow yellow if it's a pokemon you haven't caught yet so you can open the app and catch with better balls/berries.

That's the one caveat; it only uses normal poke balls to catch. When you run out it will not default to great or ultra balls. This is why getting normal pokeballs is so valuable to me now, since if I run out, I can't catch any pokemon with the Plus. The catch rate is a solid 50%, the rest of the time they escape, which is fine since any lost poke balls are replenished with the additional stops I hit.

You don't need the Apple Watch, but if you happen to also have that it will simply notify you if you caught a pokemon, got an item or it fled or your out of range. I'd say it's so, soo worth it. I'm leveling up crazy fast now.

It will suck your battery dry, but it doesn't use that much data.

Do you know how long an Apple Watch can last if using Pokemon Go for most of the day?

I don't have either, but I believe the Go+ and Apple Watch applets are alternatives to each other, and not meant to be used in conjunction. The biggest differences are that the Apple Watch applet doesn't allow you to capture Pokémon, but will notify you of them, and the Apple Watch allows you to accrue distance via stationary workouts like treadmills.

I love the plus. Unlike the buggy Apple Watch PoGo app, it actually counts my steps. It's super convenient to just hit a button to auto-spin or catch commons out and about. Even while driving, you can basically just hit the button when it buzzes without needing to look at it or anything. Glows green for a nearby pokemon, glows blue for nearby stop, glows multicolored for successful catch/spin. It will glow yellow if it's a pokemon you haven't caught yet so you can open the app and catch with better balls/berries.

That's the one caveat; it only uses normal poke balls to catch. When you run out it will not default to great or ultra balls. This is why getting normal pokeballs is so valuable to me now, since if I run out, I can't catch any pokemon with the Plus. The catch rate is a solid 50%, the rest of the time they escape, which is fine since any lost poke balls are replenished with the additional stops I hit.

You don't need the Apple Watch, but if you happen to also have that it will simply notify you if you caught a pokemon, got an item or it fled or your out of range. I'd say it's so, soo worth it. I'm leveling up crazy fast now.

Thank for the replies! So I was planning on getting the Apple Watch as a watch this Christmas but it sounds like for Pokemon Go I should focus on using the plus app.

I'm hoping to just take the strap off and keep the device in my pocket and when I feel it buzz I'll just press up against my pants and then check my journal later on in the day.

robochimp

Do you know how long an Apple Watch can last if using Pokemon Go for most of the day?

Thank for the replies! So I was planning on getting the Apple Watch as a watch this Christmas but it sounds like for Pokemon Go I should focus on using the plus app.

I'm hoping to just take the strap off and keep the device in my pocket and when I feel it buzz I'll just press up against my pants and then check my journal later on in the day.

Don't check your journal, it will only lead to heart break.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Did three raids yesterday and got nothing but revives and potions. Ninantic are beyond incompetent it's insulting.

Also hi everyone. I checked out the thread because I need somewhere for news and some slight venting.

GulAtiCa

Did three raids yesterday and got nothing but revives and potions. Ninantic are beyond incompetent it's insulting.

Also hi everyone. I checked out the thread because I need somewhere for news and some slight venting.
What raid levels did you do?

And saying that you got those items makes them beyond incompetent is rather over the top hyperbolic. :p

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
What raid levels did you do?

And saying that you got those items makes them beyond incompetent is rather over the top hyperbolic. :p

Two level threes and a level two. Considering every day I throw away 50 - 100 potions and revives already I don't agree it's hyperbole. The game desperately needs some kind of currency system.

To be fair I did exaggerate slightly. I got one rare candy.

I've been having a bad time, too. I failed to catch my last three raids. Failed Zapdos and Lugia on Tuesday, and Tyranitar yesterday.

The Tyranitar raid literally gave me Potions, Revives, and 3 Golden Razz Berries. Awful.

Kind of pissed at the game right now.

GulAtiCa

Two level threes and a level two. Considering every day I throw away 50 - 100 potions and revives already I don't agree it's hyperbole. The game desperately needs some kind of currency system.

To be fair I did exaggerate slightly. I got one rare candy.
Well, of course. Those are lv 3 and 2. Those really didn't give much before potions. Start doing all legendary raids 4+ a day for 3 weeks and you will join some of us in going "Thank God". Lol

I throw away the revives too, we all do. Esp when you get 30 revives from a raid. We complain too. But I'd gladly take 30 hyper potions or even 30 super potions. I'm constantly low. (Besides my max potions backup).

Maybe it be better if total number of items was increased per raid level so that addition of potions doesn't hurt.

Edit.

Seems to do with how many balls you get and luck.

https://thesilphroad.com/science/raid-rewards-secret-multipliers

Though in a few days I might start complaining too. Loo

Qwark

Well, of course. Those are lv 3 and 2. Those really didn't give much before potions. Start doing all legendary raids 4+ a day for 3 weeks and you will join some of us in going "Thank God". Lol

I throw away the revives too, we all do. Esp when you get 30 revives from a raid. We complain too. But I'd gladly take 30 hyper potions or even 30 super potions. I'm constantly low. (Besides my max potions backup).

Maybe it be better if total number of items was increased per raid level so that addition of potions doesn't hurt.

Edit.

Seems to do with how many balls you get and luck.

https://thesilphroad.com/science/raid-rewards-secret-multipliers

Though in a few days I might start complaining too. Loo

I'm gonna have to disagree, anecdotally anyway. I've been doing legendary raids steadily for the last couple weeks and my max potion/revive supply has dipped to maybe 80, but I'm still throwing away hyper and below. Granted, I hit up a ton of stops each day, but pokeballs is what I need.

Edit: They could at least stop giving super potions.

Top Bottom