• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Firemind

Trainer lvl. 38 is the level cap to max cp for now

Lvl. 30 is the cap for wild Pokemon.

And they didn't want to reintroduce egg timers because they'd fear it'd introduce more bugs while everyone's trying to raid the legendaries.

Wait so what's the point of leveling past 30? I thought 30 was the CP softcap (I'm about to hit 31 :O)

Why'd they take em away to begin with?
Well lvl 30 is kind of a softcap but you can still level up further. I think there is still a small difference between a lvl 30 and a lvl 38 pokemon if it's worth your stardust

GulAtiCa

nice im only 678236 so a little over a 4th of the way to 37

Sweet!

I'm now 55k away. Did 2 T2 raids at the mall today with my fiancee. As well as some catches and hatching. Now that my Pokedex is complete (ignoring regionals / legendaries), I don't really care too much about eggs anymore. I still do a new incubator every time I have the coins, like every 3 days, but not trying to hatch them constantly. Currently trying to get 9 10k eggs. I have 5 currently. Those are generally still good for me. Once I have the 9, I'm not sure if I'll put all in incubators, only possibly hatch 1 or just not hatch any and wait for the next event or something. I'll def put them in if Gen 3 shows up though lol

GulAtiCa

Any tips on getting 100% IV or is it all completely random?

Also my gf found a shiny karp the other day.

Basically just random. Better chances from Raids & Eggs since the lowest stats those can be are 66%.

Congrats to your GF on her new shiny!

Really the only real way to know where 100%s are, are from scanning services out there. For example, I'm subscribed to a paid one in Atlanta that lets me know where Pokemon are, when raids pop up (Very useful), and more importantly about important high profile pokemon, like unowns (outside of events prob only way to get those is via scanners lol). I caught a 100% Machop & Geodude because of this.

And really, 100% IVs aren't really anything special. Just something to gloat about. Personal goals basically. As long as the IVs are above 90 (or even above 80), your good. It doesn't make too much of a difference currently.

Basically just random. Better chances from Raids & Eggs since the lowest stats those can be are 66%.

Congrats to your GF on her new shiny!

Really the only real way to know where 100%s are, are from scanning services out there. For example, I'm subscribed to a paid one in Atlanta that lets me know where Pokemon are, when raids pop up (Very useful), and more importantly about important high profile pokemon, like unowns (outside of events prob only way to get those is via scanners lol). I caught a 100% Machop & Geodude because of this.

And really, 100% IVs aren't really anything special. Just something to gloat about. Personal goals basically. As long as the IVs are above 90 (or even above 80), your good. It doesn't make too much of a difference currently.

Do you know if there is a similar service for the DC region? If it is a fair price I wouldn't mind paying since I played the mainline Pokemon series and I would hunt and breed for good IV/EV so I understand the personal want of it.

rc213

Went down to the pier to give it one last shot at the legendaries. Went 0-3 on Articunos got no golden berries to help in catching them. Probably won't be able to go out again before Monday so will end up with 0 legendary birds. Beat a few others and got some TMs. Was able to change my Tyrantar from useless to Bite/Stonehenge.

I'm 660K away from level 35. I'm surprised I even earned 560K this quickly after the Go Fest event. I could actually hit 35 by the end of this year if I do heavy playing during another EXP event.

Level 35 is still only slightly above 25% of the total EXP for 40, so I am nowhere close to max. I am happy with that, since my actions will still be rewarding for a few more years.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
man thats going to suck for people if they dont have any golden raz for mewtwo ive still got 200 hoarded only using them on legendary catches

another 7 day bonus another metal coat

Magik

Jesus the raid activity in my Discord chats and surrounding areas have dropped like a rock in water. Had two Lugias spawn at the same time in the same area and not a single person besides myself was there.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Jesus the raid activity in my Discord chats and surrounding areas have dropped like a rock in water. Had two Lugias spawn at the same time in the same area and not a single person besides myself was there.

same no ones doing them anymore the facebook only gets a couple requests for raids a day now with no one responding where as before it was filled with people posting locations and a ton of people responding
think everyone who wanted the birds have already got their fill of them and are now just waiting for mewtwo
i already saw this was going to be the case when they announced raids and how they worked to begin with if you dont get in on the first couple weeks of the new thing coming out to raids when its hot it will die off when everyone in your area has the newest one and it will be a ghost town until the newest latest best comes out
thats why i said they would either need global match making or raid scaling to make them viable

Joni

They are just too common. They need to keep them as events, something which at least the exclusive raids seem to do.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
They are just too common. They need to keep them as events, something which at least the exclusive raids seem to do.

i mean if they had it so it invited everyone within like a 20 miles radius around the raid that could work but the way they have it set up i doubt enough people will get the invites splintering your already spread out playerbase is never a good idea

GulAtiCa

Reached lv 37 today!

DIQDQvyVAAAKryg.jpg:large

border

i mean if they had it so it invited everyone within like a 20 miles radius around the raid that could work but the way they have it set up i doubt enough people will get the invites splintering your already spread out playerbase is never a good idea

How can you say that people won't get enough invites when you don't know how many invitations they are sending out for a given raid? Invite 200 people, and you'll probably get more than enough showing up.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
How can you say that people won't get enough invites when you don't know how many invitations they are sending out for a given raid? Invite 200 people, and you'll probably get more than enough showing up.

well with this new system you have to hope more then a handful of people have done a raid at the gym the 5 star raid boss is spawning on

border

well with this new system you have to hope more then a handful of people have done a raid at the gym the 5 star raid boss is spawning on

At this point I think the active players have done raids at all kinds of gyms within a neighborhood......especially if you consider that the 1-2 Star raids are easy solo affairs that you can do on days when you don't have time to find a raiding party.

If it proves to be that much of hindrance, I suspect Niantic will drop the "Must have done a raid at this gym before" requirement. It'll just be gyms that you have a silver/bronze badge for or something like that. I halfway suspect that the requirement is a bluff to keep people engaged with raiding.

The way they it's going to be setup, everyone who has done any raids at that gym within the past few weeks will get invites, so I doubt there being enough people invited will be a problem for anything but the lowest traffic gyms. The real problem is finding some way to coordinate with the folks who get the invites.

Replicant

How do you invite people?

EDIT: Also, are Legendaries really going away after 31st of August?

john tv

What are raid timers, exactly? Guessing you're not talking about the timer that says how much longer a raid is going on, so what's diff about this? (Only ever seen it the way it is now here in Japan, but maybe I missed something, IDK.)

robochimp

What are raid timers, exactly? Guessing you're not talking about the timer that says how much longer a raid is going on, so what's diff about this? (Only ever seen it the way it is now here in Japan, but maybe I missed something, IDK.)

Before legendaries raids started as an egg with an hour long timer, at which point they would hatch and be available to battle for an hour. I haven't seen eggs make a return.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I just hit 34 but after hitting 30 it feels totally pointless. Wish they'd just award a free incubator every so many exp or something like that. Guess there's no news on Mewtwo until after the 31st?

T.O.P

Banned
Me and my raid group of 40+ covered the entire 50+ gyms in my town (and around it) with at least 2 raid on each to get ready for Mewtwo (yet we still have no idea on how it will work lol)

Weekend rare spawns (first Shiny yayyyyy)

And while hunting for a wild snorlax we pretty much had a Blair Witch trip
Snorlax escaped anyway, so here's a Pikachu

Tried to solo Arcanine. *sigh* didn't make it even after 3 attempts. But it was close.
But still I don't get how people solo lvl 3 raids. So far I never have been successful.
But I have a lot of good Pokemon imo so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Yes I know that I can't dodge but still it should be possible right?
I think I will try Alakazam and Machamp again but If I also fail there I will give up soloing lvl 3 raids :/

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Tried to solo Arcanine. *sigh* didn't make it even after 3 attempts. But it was close.
But still I don't get how people solo lvl 3 raids. So far I never have been successful.
But I have a lot of good Pokemon imo so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Yes I know that I can't dodge but still it should be possible right?
I think I will try Alakazam and Machamp again but If I also fail there I will give up soloing lvl 3 raids :/

what did you use and whats their cp and moveset as long as your pokemon are at least level 30 with a good counter moveset to what you are fighting then you should solo it easy

what did you use and whats their cp and moveset as long as your pokemon are at least level 30 with a good counter moveset to what you are fighting then you should solo it easy

Rhydon: 3087 CP, lvl 36.5 (87% IV) Mud Slap/Earthquake
Rhydon: 2708 CP, lvl 30 (53% IV) Mud Slap/Earthquake
Tyrannitar 3434 CP, lvl 36.5 (87% IV) Bite/Stone Edge
Golem 2344 CP, lvl 28.5 (91% IV) Rock Throw/Stone Edge
Golem 2354 CP, lvl 29 (76% IV) Rock Throw/Stone Edge
Golem 2473 CP, 30 (88% IV) Mud Slap/Earthquake

When that didn't work I tried using some other stuff mixed with the best of those above:

Vaporeon: 2968 CP, lvl 36.5 (91% IV): Water Gun/Hydropump
Gyarados 3079 CP, lvl 26.5 (89% IV): Bite/Hydropump
Dragonite: 3437 CP, lvl 37.5 (96% IV): Dragon Tail/Outrage

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
did you replace the rhydons? they are slow attackers with only decent damage

i would try this it should have more then enough dps to take him down

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Me and my raid group of 40+ covered the entire 50+ gyms in my town (and around it) with at least 2 raid on each to get ready for Mewtwo (yet we still have no idea on how it will work lol)

Weekend rare spawns (first Shiny yayyyyy)

And while hunting for a wild snorlax we pretty much had a Blair Witch trip

Snorlax escaped anyway, so here's a Pikachu

Nice catches. Never seen a wild Blissey before, sounds like a fun day

did you replace the rhydons? they are slow attackers with only decent damage

i would try this it should have more then enough dps to take him down

I replaced one of them on the other two attempts yes. But the Lvl 36.5 one has decent DPS values. Higher than all the Golems.

GulAtiCa

wish i could get that many i am only about to get my 3rd dragonite

It is really crazy to to me that I can almost fully evolve 15 Dratinis. lol.

Even before all this crazy Dragonite catching, I already had 6 Dragonites on me. 4 of which are good (best being 95% Dragonite, lv 20 though) and a 50%ish and 70%ish Dragonites in 2900s (both were high level Dragonairs I caught and evolved since both wouldn't require much leveling up)

Still hunting for that 100% Dratini. Once I catch it, will fully level it up!
Assuming I actually don't find that Dratini, I might end up hitting 4,000 Dratini candies by end of year.

GulAtiCa

They just need to release all the shinys. They aren't really suppose to be events. Esp not for pikachu who shiny form really sucks and just looks like it has a bad spray tan... lol

Also, really really want shiny Dratini! I'll need 3 though, 1 for Shiny Dratini, Dragonair & Dragonite.

They just need to release all the shinys. They aren't really suppose to be events. Esp not for pikachu who shiny form really sucks and just looks like it has a bad spray tan... lol

Also, really really want shiny Dratini!

Yeah, implementing Shinies would be a huge motivation for me.

Oh man I remember when I tried to get a shiny Dratini in Sun but didn't :(

gutshot

I've really missed the bi-weekly events. It was fun to look forward to seeing some different Pokemon spawning around town instead of the same old stuff all the time. Hopefully after the 31st, Niantic goes back to implementing those.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I've really missed the bi-weekly events. It was fun to look forward to seeing some different Pokemon spawning around town instead of the same old stuff all the time. Hopefully after the 31st, Niantic goes back to implementing those.

i know right what the hell have they been doing really wish they were a little more transparent with what they are working on for future content/events

Qwark

i know right what the hell have they been doing really wish they were a little more transparent with what they are working on for future content/events

Pretty sure, the special raids have replaced the events, at least for now. It makes them a ton of money, they know what they're doing.

I'm sure events will return once raids slow down.

I'm guessing the mewto fiasco in the next couple weeks, followed by a random XP event to placate everyone for said fiasco, then releasing the rest of gen two ahead of the gen 3/pvpisspoorideaguys update.

As you can tell, I have little faith in them doing this correctly.

I'm guessing the mewto fiasco in the next couple weeks, followed by a random XP event to placate everyone for said fiasco, then releasing the rest of gen two ahead of the gen 3/pvpisspoorideaguys update.

As you can tell, I have little faith in them doing this correctly.

I have zero faith in Niantic TBH.

It's been nice to just relax and not really play a whole bunch after the madness that was the legendary raid month.

Top Bottom