• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Growlie19

My local Discord posted a wild Lapras nearby. Only 245 CP, so I Pinap'd it and caught it. And just as I type this, another popped up! This one's a little further away, though. Still gonna try to nab it, brb!

GulAtiCa

Sometimes they are posted on Reddit sub-groups too. That's how I found the Atlanta one. Then I was eventually invited to the more important Gwinnett one as well as another.

robochimp

i know right what the hell have they been doing really wish they were a little more transparent with what they are working on for future content/events

They started to roll out a new update but it introduced significant lag in gym and raid battles. They pushed back the update roll out. It was probably the update to make exclusive raids happen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
My dex still sucks, but man if I didn't have a good Poke Go Walk tonight. Hatched like 5 eggs.

Also finally got a Sakura evolve!

pokmongo_2017-08-28-2l8kk0.png

pokmongo_2017-08-28-29skko.png

Still nothing on mewtwo huh.

I'm not expecting to hear anything until Wednesday or Thursday, with Mewtwo dropping on Friday.

That said, I'm wondering if the fact that they had to pull the newest patch has led to a delay. I don't think the patch should be necessary for rolling out Mewtwo, since they've actually been testing exclusive raids since raids were introduced, but it's possible.

HardRojo

I hope they fix that gym glitch or whatever soon. All the gyms around my house have been held hostage for about 3 days now, last time I checked the Pokémon had been there for upwards of 2 days.

GulAtiCa

Was Dratini hunting this morning, and along my way biking to a Dratini down a trail, a Chansey popped up on my Nearby list. Luckily was literally at a office complex next to the trail (connected to it too). So got the Dratini, and went there. Always nice finding a random Chansey.

Also, got another 10k egg. So now upto 6! My goal is to get 9. After I get 9, I'll prob just hold onto them or something. Wait for the next event. Hopefully a Stardust event lol

My friend who has been walking her Dratini for some 200 kM hatched one from a 10K egg the other day.

Now has enough for a Dragonite!

Meanwhile we've got ANOTHER 100+ degree heatwave so we're all kind of on a break from PoGo.

Just dreading the Mewtwo raids and the madness they'll bring with them...

Solo'd my first raid today against a 5000cp Quilava. My 2300cp Omastar tore it limb from limb, I was shocked at the ease with which I completed the raid. Apparently it's a good counter to fire types? (I'm not well versed in the combat meta, I'll admit)

Later did another raid against a Magikarp.

Definitely a lot more fun than I was expecting. Now if I could just find a group to raid with.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, after catching that one, I was so happy. Literally just smiling in the car for so long. This took me 335 Dratinis to accomplish. My goal finally complete. Dragonite now also above 3500!

Next immediate goal is just more 100% Pokemon (Larvitar) as well as catching the rest of the unowns (got 5 currently)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
nice grats

also i never knew the pokeball stays active after its batted away had a rattata headbutt a pokeball i threw then it flew up and came back down after he settled down and hit him again and i caught him

I haven't had a 10k egg in weeks, probably 5 or 6 weeks.
And I hatch at least one egg a day. What the fuck?
They're not even that special any more given that you can get high level monsters from raids, surely they should be a bit more generous with them?

I'm never going to get my god damn Blissey!

GulAtiCa

I haven't had a 10k egg in weeks, probably 5 or 6 weeks.
And I hatch at least one egg a day. What the fuck?
They're not even that special any more given that you can get high level monsters from raids, surely they should be a bit more generous with them?

I'm never going to get my god damn Blissey!

Just bad luck on your part. It's all RNG. I gained 3 10k eggs back to back yesterday as well as my fiancee who hasn't had a 10k in weeks now has 4 (2 from yesterday and 1 from this morning.) Sometimes luck is on your side

If you really want to get a better chance at getting a 10k egg, I would try to hatch more then 1 a day, placing a few in a incubator can greatly increase your odds. I currently do 2 a day (1 free & other I buy with Gym Coins every 3 days)

I used to incubate 5k eggs sometimes just to clear them out but now that their contents are absolutely worthless to me I refuse to waste my coins on them, I only incubate 10ks now.

I walk a ton every day so there's not much else I can do to speed hatching.

My luck must be really bad as I've only had a couple of 10k eggs in the last few months.

Vanillalite

Solo'd my first raid today against a 5000cp Quilava. My 2300cp Omastar tore it limb from limb, I was shocked at the ease with which I completed the raid. Apparently it's a good counter to fire types? (I'm not well versed in the combat meta, I'll admit)

Later did another raid against a Magikarp.

Definitely a lot more fun than I was expecting. Now if I could just find a group to raid with.

Solo raiding for like 10k CP is legit for me.

I know during the week I'm not gonna really raid, and even on the weekend it's hard to find a group sometimes. Considering they give you a free pass each day I just use my pass on low CP stuff.

Might not be great for most of you, but with a small dex and lowerish lvl I'll take the Poke, Candy, EXP, and chance at Rare Candy.

Maybe once I've actually evolved a Crowmaw or Bayleaf it won't be as enticing, but for now I'm good. Worth more to me to see something like that than a legendary when I'm not gonna be able to get a group.

Growlie19

Hatched a Porygon and Lapras last night, which were welcome surprises. And earlier today, Discord alerted me to a Dragonite. A lowly 362 CP Dragonite, so it came quietly after a PInap and Ultra Ball. That 20 candy boost was very nice!

Man, there are NO Legendary or Tyranitar raids anywhere near me today. :\

Well, I take that back. There's ONE Lugia 10 minutes away, but in a spot I can literally guarantee a team will not show up for.

Ugh... This was my last full day for legendaries, since I'm busy most of tomorrow...

Last ball glitch was fixed too.

Edit: Oh, they put that in the patch notes, haha. It actually isn't part of the patch though, that fix was a server-side change, so you don't need the patch to benefit from it.

Chuckie

Ok guys...something has been bothering me for a while now :p

In my Pokedex when I tap on a Pokemon, it shows a Mars sign and a Venus sign, for male and female. But with (for instance) Venusaur, the signs are colorless, while Gyarados has a red and a blue dot in the signs.

Why is that?

Ok guys...something has been bothering me for a while now :p

In my Pokedex when I tap on a Pokemon, it shows a Mars sign and a Venus sign, for male and female. But with (for instance) Venusaur, the signs are colorless, while Gyarados has a red and a blue dot in the signs.

Why is that?
Colored in = obtained. Colorless = not obtained.

The thing is, the marking is not retroactive to Pokémon obtained before that little feature was added. So if you haven't caught/hatched/evolved the Pokémon since that update, it will erroneously show that you haven't at all. Even if you still have pre-update Pokémon in your box.

Chuckie

Colored in = obtained. Colorless = not obtained.

The thing is, the marking is not retroactive to Pokémon obtained before that little feature was added. So if you haven't caught/hatched/evolved the Pokémon since that update, it will erroneously show that you haven't at all. Even if you still have pre-update Pokémon in your box.

Aaaah. Thanks. That makes sense.

They need to fix it tho.

Aaaah. Thanks. That makes sense.

They need to fix it tho.

They probably won't ever fix it, to be honest. It would be extremely simple to do, at least for Pokémon you still have on hand (just run a quick script that checks your box on start-up), and the feature (and thus issue) was introduced back in January, so the fact that it hasn't been addressed means it's not something Niantic is concerned about. You'll just have to re-obtain any Pokémon that are listed incorrectly, annoyingly enough.

Chuckie

They probably won't ever fix it, to be honest. It would be extremely simple to do, at least for Pokémon you still have on hand (just run a quick script that checks your box on start-up), and the feature (and thus issue) was introduced back in January, so the fact that it hasn't been addressed means it's not something Niantic is concerned about. You'll just have to re-obtain any Pokémon that are listed incorrectly, annoyingly enough.

I think chances of me catching all that shit again are about as big as Niantic fixing it.

But at least I know why it is now.

Which reminds me.... I only found out a week ago that a female Pikachu has a different tail. I thought the heart shaped thingy was a new design because I saw it first on the Pika with the Ash hat. Lol.

Legendary dogs coming over the next 3 months. 1 a month, swapping regions.

Exclusive Raids are going to be in testing from 6th Sept before full rollout.

Trainers,

Over the last several weeks, we’ve heard so many incredible stories of Trainers teaming up together around the world to catch Pokémon GO’s first Legendary Pokémon. We’re excited to keep the legendary adventures going!

Starting August 31, the Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will begin appearing in Pokémon GO. Trainers worldwide can look forward to battling these Pokémon together with friends in Raid Battles for the chance to catch the trio of Legendary Pokémon originally from the Johto region. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be traveling the world throughout the coming months. From August 31 to September 30, you can find these Legendary Pokémon in the following areas of the world:

Raikou, an Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Americas.
Entei, a Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout Europe and Africa.
Suicune, a Water-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
On September 30, all three of these Legendary Pokémon will move to a different location and will be available for Trainers to battle with friends until October 31. They will make their final stop in the last remaining location on October 31. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will be available for this limited time period, so make sure to battle against them when they arrive at Gyms near you!

While these Legendary Pokémon are traveling the world, we’ll also begin an EX Raid Battle (formerly Exclusive Raid Battle) field-testing phase at select Gyms before the feature is made available globally. We have collected some valuable early feedback on the new EX Raid Battle feature and will look to further test and hone the experience through the feedback of the dedicated global Trainer community. During the field test, we’ll be making periodic adjustments to EX Raid eligibility requirements, frequency, times, locations, and durations with the goal of making the EX Raid Battle feature engaging, rewarding, and most importantly, fun for Trainers who regularly participate in Raid Battles.

The first EX Raid Passes will be sent out soon, and those invited will have an opportunity to try out the new system as early as September 6. Stay tuned for more updates as we launch the EX Raid Battle field test to more Gyms in the weeks ahead. We look forward to reading all your constructive feedback on our social media channels and encourage you to continue share your thoughts throughout the EX Raid Battle field test!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/johtolegendary

Vanillalite

Tried to play some this morning, but it appears servers aren't going well. Quick Twitter search shows I'm not the only one.

Yay, now I get to put up with three more months of people obsessing over legendaries and making all their plans around them. Ugh...

Plus side, randomly checked my game when I woke up this morning. Lapras right outside my apartment. 2167. Cool! Golden raz->ultra->ONE SHOT CATCH! Niiiice. Check the stats... Wonder, all stats equal, exceeds calculations! Woot!

GulAtiCa

Yay, now I get to put up with three more months of people obsessing over legendaries and making all their plans around them. Ugh...

Plus side, randomly checked my game when I woke up this morning. Lapras right outside my apartment. 2167. Cool! Golden raz->ultra->ONE SHOT CATCH! Niiiice. Check the stats... Wonder, all stats equal, exceeds calculations! Woot!

You caught a 100% Lapras in the wild outside your home? Damn! Congrats.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, that is very lucky. Here in Atlanta Lapras doesn't really spawn much, barely at all. Even unowns, the most rare thing spawns few times a day around the metro Atlanta. (Blissey spawns 5x that, and Dragonites 10x Blisseys rate lol)

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member

That's awesome, congratulations. The rotating dogs is a good idea. A month at a time is a bit long I think but it doesn't really matter

Top Bottom