• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

zoukka

Wow this game truly is something else. My small finnish city had people playing this everywhere. Literally in every spot there wa someone playing. Awkward moments were had :D

Can't remember anything like this during my lifetime wtf.

Mafro

MhBU9Kf.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRo...ot_has_been_said_about_cp_but_weve_also_been/
Onix :(

Joni

Game could be fun, but the bugs and the freezes are kinda ruining it. I also tend to only see Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie and Weedle, with Spearow and Paras as extra

Busaiku

Bah, today was a bust.
Server issues aside, the selection at Galleria in Houston was awful.
Sticking to Herman Park and Discovery Green until I can find a spot for Pikachu.

Calcium

Banned
Exactly.

I'm going to have to install the game to catch all the Pokemans in my yard to keep the kids at bay. It's the perfect plan.

Cathcart

And what is it, going down the street and asking everyone that goes with a smartphone "yo, are you playing Pokemon Go and want to trade" like a creep?
Yes, those are the only two options. Your problem solving skills must be epic.

Or maybe they just need to rework the encounter rates and variety in low pop areas. Online worldwide trading pretty much trivializes the outdoor and social aspects of the game (which, btw, kind of are the game).

Lucumo

Caught one in my kitchen on my second day of playing after seeing endless Pidgeys and Ratattas and I was so happy.

For me it was after 10km of walking...awaiting what cool Pokemon will come out of it and then it was a 35 CP Onix. Disappointment followed.

PaulLFC

The servers are still shit. My phone just buzzed and I saw an Eevee pop up (first one I've seen). Tapped it, the loading icon appeared, then Eevee disappeared. Total time from appearing to disappearing was about 5 seconds. Great.

Because trading over the Internet would be terrible. Is that not obvious? Have you not read all of the stories of people going outside and interacting with other people because of the game? And you want to replace that with some anonymous in game trading board like in the main games?

Don't email your mom a Pikachu, kids. Bring your mom a Pikachu. Moms love that shit.

I don't deny that the game has brought people together but I don't see how an online trading system is going to corrupt that. You still have to go out to catch the Pokemon you're trading. A trading system that includes both a local and online variant would be ideal.

Anonymous online trading is not the solution to that problem.

Well then, what is? The game has specific Pokemon spawn in certain types of areas. If I live in a stagnant environment, am I expected to take a flight or move houses to finish my Pokedex? Plus, if and when they start adding more Pokemon, it's going to get even more difficult to flesh it out when you live outside of a populated city.

I suppose you could hatch Pokemon you can't find in your area but that's both RNG and a large time sink.

Wollan

Looking at that leaked data:

The four Pokémon with the lowest BaseCaptureRate (at 0.04) are:
DRAGONITE
VENUSAUR
CHARIZARD
BLASTOISE

There are other factors like size of target and whatnot but it seems like direct-hits will least likely succeed with the above. These creatures are also part of the ones with the lowest BaseFleeRate at 0.05.

Interstingly the ABRA is the the polar opposite of every other Pokémon with a BaseFleeRate of 0.99. Anyone else feel like these get away a lot?

I just meant the blue outline on the stop, and when you're looking at the GPS screen, the stop is normally blue. If you've looted it recently, then it is purple.

I spin it and it stops but I don't get items. It doesn't change colors or anything. Often it doesn't even load in the picture or the name from the pokestop.

Lucumo

DRAGONITE
VENUSAUR
CHARIZARD
BLASTOISE

There are other factors like size of target and whatnot but it seems like direct-hits will least likely succeed with the above. These creatures are also part of the ones with the lowest BaseFleeRate at 0.05.

Interstingly the ABRA is the the polar opposite of every other Pokémon with a BaseFleeRate of 0.99. Anyone else feel like these get away a lot?

Took me one try with Blastoise...same with Abra. Problem solved :p

rpmurphy

DRAGONITE
VENUSAUR
CHARIZARD
BLASTOISE

Yeah, that's pretty characteristic of Abras, since the only move they know in the wild (in the original) is teleport.

Lucumo

I spin it and it stops but I don't get items. It doesn't change colors or anything. Often it doesn't even load in the picture or the name from the pokestop.

You won't get anything when the picture isn't loaded in. The server needs to catch up first for it to properly work.

Arrrammis

Hmm, then that's definitely server problems. Personally, I've found that if the picture doesn't load, then you won't get any items. Also, I noticed sometimes that if I spun the stop before the picture loaded, it wouldn't give me any items and it stays blue, but says "try again later" until the pokestop resets (~5 minute wait).

XOMTOR

Game could be fun, but the bugs and the freezes are kinda ruining it. I also tend to only see Pidgey, Rattata, Caterpie and Weedle, with Spearow and Paras as extra

Yea, I've played for 4 days now and it's just not worth continuing as it currently stands. I finally managed to log on for the first time today and what appears: a CP10 Weedle and I got the black-screen bug after I threw the ball. The game is a certifiable mess.

Darryl

Banned

DRAGONITE
VENUSAUR
CHARIZARD
BLASTOISE

I live near an Abra nest and those guys will get away after one missed throw

mishakoz

I was thinking about this and I hope gyms gain a training time and a battling time.

Every half hour it alternates , so at 13:00 it's training time where the gym cant be challenged, and at 13:30 it's battle time, where the gym cannot be trained.

I think it would do a lot to end the endless tug of war I see and destroying of gyms that can never get based level 2.

ViciousDS

Banned
Throw 8 Ultra balls at charmeleon and fail......throw 1 great ball and I catch him......I don't get it. The great ball was even a garbage throw! I used the berries for the Ultra throws!

Teknoman

Yea, I've played for 4 days now and it's just not worth continuing as it currently stands. I finally managed to log on for the first time today and what appears: a CP10 Weedle and I got the black-screen bug after I threw the ball. The game is a certifiable mess.

I think it's just server issues, just left a local park and snagged a magikarp and growlithe no problem. Froze on the way home, but it was while everyone was talking about freezes. It's got issues with all the expansion but certifiable mess is a bit much.

Really wish I knew about trainer club issues trumping google account logins before I started. Ofc my lvl5 google logs in with no problem. Guess I can build this one too but I don't have to like it! :grumble

edit: nm tried to log back in with google and got the "humbled by your incredible response" screen lol.

Teknoman

Well, no sign of Porygon anywhere.

One of my coworkers hatched one a couple days ago, dunno how far he'll get with leveling though heh.

Edit: I'm gonna try to stay away from the actual data rates. Really don't wasn't to know the science behind it...much like main series data mining leaks.

Top Bottom