• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

Wollan

FLAREON

Stats {
BaseStamina: 130
BaseAttack: 238
BaseDefense: 178
}

JOLTEON

Stats {
BaseAttack: 192
BaseDefense: 174
}

VAPOREON

Stats {
BaseStamina: 260
BaseAttack: 186
BaseDefense: 168
}

edit: Ah, Stamina is HP. Pretty damn high for sure.

Aw man, was very excited to have the day off work, was gonna do a MAJOR bike ride around town, and then...

*Used 11.98 of 12 GB Family Plan*

Damnit little sis, why you do this to me

Wollan

Oh shit....

I just found data for
Mewtwo
!

Stats are superb:

Stats {
BaseStamina: 212
BaseAttack: 284
BaseDefense: 202
}

Hikami

Got a ~700cp Vaporeon and I've been taking down gyms with it, even if they have like 3 1000cp Pokemon. Pretty fun. 10 wins so far.

Lame how they can take it right back when it turns grey though :/

cHinzo

Ok so I just downloaded the game and gonna make an account. I should go for the Google account instead of the Pokemon Club right for more stable servers or are they using the same ones?

Wollan

There are
four
Pokémons with PokemonClass 'POKEMON_CLASS_LEGENDARY'.
They are as you might expect:

ARTICUNO
ZAPDOS
MOLTRES
MEWTWO

Why spoiler this?
Being polite for those who want some mysticism.

Red

There are four Pokémons with PokemonClass 'POKEMON_CLASS_LEGENDARY'.
They are as you might expect:

ARTICUNO
ZAPDOS
MOLTRES
MEWTWO
There is also a "mythic" class above legendary.

Are we sure this is legit?

What are evolution pips? Does stamina represent HP? Is attack CP?

Durden77

So with gyms, can you not raise/lower prestige at all without defeating a Pokemon? Does just attacking the Pokemon do nothing?

And if that's the case, that means there's pretty much no point in fighting a gym of my color to prestige it if I know I can't beat the Pokemon right?

Busaiku

FLAREON

Stats {
BaseAttack: 238
BaseDefense: 178
}

JOLTEON

Stats {
BaseAttack: 192
BaseDefense: 174
}

VAPOREON

Stats {
BaseStamina: 260
BaseAttack: 186
BaseDefense: 168
}

edit: Ah, Stamina is HP. Pretty damn high for sure.
Jolteon holding those Ls.
Without Speed or Special Attack, it's worthless.

Hycran

Banned
Just have a few quick questions if people don't mind helping a new trainer out:

1) If I window out of the game on my iphone, will it still vibrate to let me know pokes are nearby? It seems like it doesnt, so i've been trying to use the power saver mode

2) If there is a gym with two pokes in it, I noticed that the "level" goes down when I defeat the easier one. Can I take over a gym without beating the stronger pokemon? What does beating the weaker one do, if anything?

3) Is there any way to increase the efficiency of incense? I sit at my house which has no pokemon nearby and I still get a few, but it seems like I would be rolling in pokes if i was near a park or something of that nature.

4) When using the power-up method, is there anyway to figure out how much hp/cp will increase? I'd like to level up my squirtle but it seems like a waste and I should just try ot catch a wartortle instead and work on it from there.

Thanks in advance

Chaos17

I remember a thread we had on GAF where some black players feared for their life and didn't dare to play this game. So here's a little story about about a black guy having a nice experience with Pokemon go

Cng_D3uWIAAPVwx.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/...se_of_this_game_for_the_first_time_in_a_long/

I home that this game and other players of any origin will continue to have ahppy moments with this game.

adamy

Banned
You can power up a Pokemon at most 81 times.

Is this true? If so, this really sucks

No point to ever plan on making a low cp Pokemon a keeper for the long run...gotta start with the highest possible cp one you can get, even if candies and dust isn't a concern

Wollan

Is this true? If so, this really sucks

No point to ever plan on making a low cp Pokemon a keeper for the long run...gotta start with the highest possible cp one you can get, even if candies and dust isn't a concern
I think it means those with high CP already have i.e 50 power-ups already applied and such.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Just took a long walk through some neighbourhoods adjacent to mine. Passed through a lot of large residential areas and holy shit, the stops and gyms were so far away from each other; mostly located in parks, metro stations, etc and also NO POKEMONS POPPING UP. And add the server issues on top of that. This experience kinda burned me out, especially that barely any Pokemons appeared at all and I didn't had any incenses :(

I'll need to establish some circuits that guarantees high returns (high number of stops per n) . No more large residential areas without any incenses I guess.

Servers just completely died on me again. I wonder how long it's going to take them to stabilize this. It's getting worse every day, not better.

The start of the Sheffield Poke' walk

we did a lap around the city center back to the peace gardens (the place in this picture and just hung around placing lure for a while. it was fun :)

Oooh when was this? That's cool - I live so close I really should have kept up with it. It's looking like quite a few people are dropping lures round the city, which is great fun to see.

Seth

How are you guys feeling about the gyms? I'm level 21, with a few guys over 1700cp. Generally in my area most people are around 900-1000. As I sit at my desk in my office I watch the 4 gyms I can see just cycle between all 3 colors every 15 min or so. I've taken several gyms, and even leveled one entirely to 10 and had all 1000cp+, including a couple 1600-1700 guys in it. It was taken down in 30 minutes and had 3 pokemon under 800cp in it.

So I just grab some convenient gyms real quick to get my daily turn in then I couldn't care less about gyms any more. It's impossible to hold one, even at max level and decent pokemon in it. People can take a gym down like it's nothing, with significantly lower CP.

I think it needs to be more difficult to take down a gym. Or maybe make the reward more worth while, such as reward that gets better the longer you are IN the gym instead of a flat once a day turn in. Or maybe a cool down between allowing any one person to fight a gym again after loosing. With enough revives and potions it seems anyone can take out a gym.

I also actively tried to stop an attack. I fought at a gym I owned to counter their attack, but that was extremely useless as I gained like 100 prestige per win while one win for the opposer knocked out a whole level.

So gyms just seem incredibly pointless right. Unless you are lucky and find a low traffic one to grab. Otherwise I don't see the point in bothering with high traffic areas, beyond grabbing what you can for your turn in then Forgetting about it. Anyone else feel like this?

Zelias

Banned
Oooh when was this? That's cool - I live so close I really should have kept up with it. It's looking like quite a few people are dropping lures round the city, which is great fun to see.
Few hours ago. We're going again tomorrow at 2pm at the Peace Gardens!

Arrrammis

Just have a few quick questions if people don't mind helping a new trainer out:

1) If I window out of the game on my iphone, will it still vibrate to let me know pokes are nearby? It seems like it doesnt, so i've been trying to use the power saver mode

2) If there is a gym with two pokes in it, I noticed that the "level" goes down when I defeat the easier one. Can I take over a gym without beating the stronger pokemon? What does beating the weaker one do, if anything?

3) Is there any way to increase the efficiency of incense? I sit at my house which has no pokemon nearby and I still get a few, but it seems like I would be rolling in pokes if i was near a park or something of that nature.

4) When using the power-up method, is there anyway to figure out how much hp/cp will increase? I'd like to level up my squirtle but it seems like a waste and I should just try to catch a wartortle instead and work on it from there.

Thanks in advance

1. You are correct, the app needs to be open in order for you to be notified that a pokeon is nearby. Also, the app needs to be open to register distance traveled for hatching eggs.
2. The gym has reputation numbers, and beating any of the pokemon in the gym decreases it. Once you lower the reputation enough, the lower level pokemon will get kicked out, leaving the strongest as the only pokemon in the gym, so you will eventually have to beat the highest level pokemon to take over the gym.
3. Someone on Reddit went in to the source code for that. When using incense, a pokemon will spawn every 5 minutes while you're standing still, or every (1 minute or 200 feet, whichever takes longer) when you are moving. Basically, you get more out of incense if you're moving.
4. I believe there was a post on the exact amount of CP gains per power up earlier, but for the most part it's not worth leveling up your pokemon until you reach lvl. 15-20 and/or have a pokemon above 1000CP, because you'll keep catching pokemon that are stronger than what you currently have, so you'd just be burning through stardust for no lasting reward.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I'm on the verge of putting this game on ice until they've resolve the connection issues. Oh, and also the random crashes. pls

hodgy100

Shame I couldn't get into the game for half the walk lol

Yeah no kidding. the servers were having spats of not working at-all or working perfectly. wouldn't surprise me if the servers time you out and work on a 1 in 1 out basis for different regions .

started at 6-7pm. they are doing another one from 2pm tomorrow starting at he peace gardens again.

here's the group: https://www.facebook.com/events/1221499751214414/

Nosgotham

How are you guys feeling about the gyms? I'm level 21, with a few guys over 1700cp. Generally in my area most people are around 900-1000. As I sit at my desk in my office I watch the 4 gyms I can see just cycle between all 3 colors every 15 min or so. I've taken several gyms, and even leveled one entirely to 10 and had all 1000cp+, including a couple 1600-1700 guys in it. It was taken down in 30 minutes and had 3 pokemon under 800cp in it.

So I just grab some convenient gyms real quick to get my daily turn in then I couldn't care less about gyms any more. It's impossible to hold one, even at max level and decent pokemon in it. People can take a gym down like it's nothing, with significantly lower CP.

I think it needs to be more difficult to take down a gym. Or maybe make the reward more worth while, such as reward that gets better the longer you are IN the gym instead of a flat once a day turn in. Or maybe a cool down between allowing any one person to fight a gym again after loosing. With enough revives and potions it seems anyone can take out a gym.

I also actively tried to stop an attack. I fought at a gym I owned to counter their attack, but that was extremely useless as I gained like 100 prestige per win while one win for the opposer knocked out a whole level.

So gyms just seem incredibly pointless right. Unless you are lucky and find a low traffic one to grab. Otherwise I don't see the point in bothering with high traffic areas, beyond grabbing what you can for your turn in then Forgetting about it. Anyone else feel like this?

Its all about getting together with teammates to grab and fortify gyms. Im in a local Instinct Facebook group and we notify the group of gyms that need reinforcements.

Top Bottom