• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!

Finally done catching up.

I really don't like the narrative that it's my suggestion to vote for Bronx-Man. The real deadweight we should vote before it's too late is called SalvaPot as he didn't and still doesn't show any intention to participate in this game in any meaningful way.

wXFoJ9o.gif

Bronx-man was inactive, so I won't deny that it is an okay-ish vote, but the inactive that is just outright and purpousfully shitposting and unhelpful would have been the better choice. *snip*

Ow7R1Pp.gif

UNVOTE: Unmasked Ferret

VOTE: SalvaPot

TY Ferret

*snip*

I haven't had time to read your Verelios case yet, but with this (and my gut feelings from yesterday) I'm feeling pretty confident about this vote:

VOTE: Royal_Flush

BONUS ROUND

I haven't really gotten around to melon yet today but yes I still think she is scum. I've also been suspicious of Blarg (I'm used to him not making sense but can usually tell he has opinions even if he won't share them, not getting that feeling this game). For a fun little exercise, try listing the interactions between Flush, melon and Blarg.

Hint:
tumblr_l9qoj2jEhY1qzzud0.gif

Tell me how I can improve

Your feedback is important to me

Dusk Soldier asks if Fireblend should go today.

roytheone says he wouldn't be against it. So Fireblend needs someone else more scummy looking that he does, which is the no voters to stave off his lynch. That was what I was trying to say in the bolded.

Yeah, I guess it's something of a OMGUS vote. I haven't gone over his posts in any detail. It's just that I find his reasons for suspecting me extremely petty.

I'd say Sophia is my preferred vote but only just.

Let's say you could only vote among the no lynch/no voters, SalvaPot, Royal_Flush and myself. Who is more scummy to you? I'm interested too know as someone who also does poor reads.

God, I just spent two hours thinking this over and typed a novel in response. But to sorta summarize my thoughts, I gut read RF as scum but he contributes, getting rid of Salva now might be best for town in the long run despite my inactive/dead weight position but we learn little, you are in a middle ground in terms of activity and use, but I don't scum read you now and you feel like your trying a bit more.

If it was purely up to me, no other votes or comments I would vote Salva. Yes we wouldn't learn much, and despite it being a less lazy vote as opposed to the normal "they aren't posting as much, get em" feel of such votes (votes against inactives and dead weights) because Salva is/was openly and willingly not contributing, it is still sorta lazy. But we won't have to question Salva's alignment as either weird willingly useless town or weird bold willingly useless scum. It would also give you and RF more of a chance to contribute which would create either more solid reads on you, or at the very least more potential connections for future conversation.

If there was some sort of tie between you three I would probably vote RF though, because I gut read him scum (I always do though so I sorta try to ignore it) also, because of how he post we would lose his contributions but there is potential info to be gained at the same time.

Verelios

In reviewing my notes, there are definitely people I'd love to hear more from regarding their current thoughts on the game.

Fireblend
Dusk
Ferret
Ynnek
and The G.

Step up, don't be shy.

I just woke up for a moment and remembered to post this before I forgot. This was probably one of the worst times to post Fire, right after Melon called attention to you. Not a good look. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm not sure if that's what happened.

Holy shit Flush, are you reading a different game to me?
I don't know, I'm reading "Pokémon Mafia |OT| Gotta Catch Em’ Scum!" hosted by Burbeting. What are you reading?
______
I could just be misremembering in this point, but I don't remember anyone saying this? I'd say Ynnek has been getting the lion's share of the "blame".
Not featured prominently but quite clearly there:
You'll see no such things from me. I may have liked Royal's suggestion, but my choice to vote off Bronx was my own, as are the consequences of that vote.
Nothing other than my own theories as to the game mechanics. There was the one post where Sophia said she was following Royal's suggestion:
So you flipped over to Bronx because...you played roulette and it landed on his space?
______
I'll get to your Sophia defense in a minute, but fwiw I think Salva is a PR (and no I won't point out why I think that).
Why even say it then?
______
It is a non answer though. You are correct in saying there isn't going to be a convoluted reason for that unvote: there is no reason for that unvote whatsoever.
So I'm supposed to say what? "I unvoted for the lulz and not because I lost track of the votecount"? Would this lie be a better answer?
______
I love this bit, it looks so true (and technically is) but avoids mentioning the fact that it lasted for a whopping one post (796 to 797) and that those posts came in at almost exactly the same time. It also ignores the fact that if Sophia had voted melon that would be moving her vote off of Bronx (a 2 vote swing) AND she might have (should have) used her double.
I already said in my first post this phase that I lost track of the votecount. Verelios didn't believe I could think there could be a tie between Bronx-Man and melonrabbit. I showed him an example where there actually would have been a tie. At the time I made the unvote I obviously did not know I would tie (I wouldn't have), but I feared. This example was an illustration that this fear was not as unbased as Velerios made it sound.
______
This is the part that really blew my mind. Literally noone is saying this, WW1 was only brought up as an example of a scum double vote existing. The fact that the scum double vote was Sophia would be nothing more than an amusing coincidence.
I mean, this surely points at the paralleles. Reads like "she did it before as Scum" to me...
Sophia was a scum double voter. She outed herself as a double voter on Day 1 just like here. Only El Topo and Darryl were in that game as well. This confirms my suspicion. The role does not indicate her alignment at all.

The way she claimed also reeks of scared scum. Just far enough away from the deadline to ease the attention on her, with some people backing her. No justification for claiming, not even admitting it was to save herself. Further information on her claim only after constant demand. Still no paraphrasing of the fluff.

Not mentioning that she was a double voter in the past as scum, can clearly be held against her.

I'm not going to address day 1 reads as I've already gone over the 'why's and what's'. But, I'm wondering what you found weird exactly and why you wouldn't just say it instead of waxing ambiguous.
I think it's very weird that you first phrase your list of sawneeks-posts as reason, then later backpedal saying it wasn't the original reason but you constructed it afterwards to justify your gut-ish vote. If you do this without tunneling and then find your vote to be indeed correct, that's a fine tactic. It was mainly the phrasing in the listpost that triggered me.

You're really heated up there Flush, just because I haven't posted scum reads doesn't mean I don't have them. I stated that I disliked labeling people as scum or town so early, however scum leanings I have no problem with. And yes, the reason I'm skeptical of your Bronx vote is because your pulling out a no vote is leaning scum behavior and I haven't seen anything to go against that.
Not posting your Scum reads is actively hurtful to Town. Imagine you were Scum and we lynch you. Town has now a lot less to work with. That's why not posting reads is scummy. "But I'm Town, people don't need to work with my reads after I flip" you may say, but we don't know this until you flip. So post your goddamn reads. What do you even gain by holding them back?

I have noticed Salva's posts, early in day 1 when no one had any particularly useful posts to go on, but as I stated usually there was already mechanics/fluff being discussed so I had no problem with it. This time Salva's post occurred when there was no fluff and mechanics were pretty much over already, which I thought was pretty much a fluff post. Unless you disagree? This sounds less like an odd AF problem, and more like a shoring up manufactured problems.
I agree that Salva's posts today are also fluff but a bit less than yesterday. And I already said in my original Velerios post that I can't really blame you for overlooking it given that I completely overlooked Sawneek's case on you. I just mentioned it because it seems odd.

Huh. The majority of the people on Bronx voted because of his inactivity, Stanley had a prior vote and a reason to vote again. Believable reason? Probably not. But since all 5 of the people on the BM vote gave similar safe answers what more can you ask. They're reasons you have to accept as BM's inactivity was a fact, unless you expect all 5 to be scum. Anyway, if you were really interested you'd start off by asking Stanley some hard hitting questions, instead you're teeing me off for not. This is especially ironic given you abstained from the lynch.
Why would I ask Stanley hard hitting questions? As I said, lynching Bronx-Man for inactivity was an okay-ish choice. Being on BM at the end of the day is not alignment indicative in my eyes as long as not one of the other immediate lynch candidates turns out Scum. That's been my stance from the beginning. You on the other hand made it your agenda to go after the Bronx voters and then immediately let go at the slightest sign of defence. That's the big difference.

Am I supposed to be happy here? Swaying town opinion is a fun trick royal, especially when you're just advising.
You're not supposed to feel anything here. I didn't make this for you, I made it for me and all players other than you. You already know your alignment, I don't need to help you figuring it out.

ok, vote, you're right.

Royal Flush since I brought it up, how do you currently feel about Melon, and Topo? You had both as scum so I want your input on their little back and forth at the end of the last day. (I may have already seen it if you've commented on it before, but post it again or link to it please).
Did Topo post at all this day phase? I'll have to look into what melon said today later. I have to go now, will further go into this this evening (European time)

Verelios

I think it's very weird that you first phrase your list of sawneeks-posts as reason, then later backpedal saying it wasn't the original reason but you constructed it afterwards to justify your gut-ish vote. If you do this without tunneling and then find your vote to be indeed correct, that's a fine tactic. It was mainly the phrasing in the listpost that triggered me.
You're misunderstanding my post. I initially said that the vote on Sawneeks was reactionary, the post of reasons was not. As I explained, that was a difference in mentality when writing those posts. I'm curious what phrasing problems you have, share with the class.
Not posting your Scum reads is actively hurtful to Town. Imagine you were Scum and we lynch you. Town has now a lot less to work with. That's why not posting reads is scummy. "But I'm Town, people don't need to work with my reads after I flip" you may say, but we don't know this until you flip. So post your goddamn reads. What do you even gain by holding them back?
What, you're acting like I haven't been calling out players for acting 'scummy', so what's the use of a scum list day 1? Town doesn't always need a scumlist, they also look for a players interactions. You're really eager to put people in boxes Royal.
I agree that Salva's posts today are also fluff but a bit less than yesterday. And I already said in my original Velerios post that I can't really blame you for overlooking it given that I completely overlooked Sawneek's case on you. I just mentioned it because it seems odd.
Odd, right. So, would I be correct in saying you, for some reason, I dunno (Maybe to object), you didn't find random fluff odd? OK then.
Why would I ask Stanley hard hitting questions? As I said, lynching Bronx-Man for inactivity was an okay-ish choice. Being on BM at the end of the day is not alignment indicative in my eyes as long as not one of the other immediate lynch candidates turns out Scum. That's been my stance from the beginning. You on the other hand made it your agenda to go after the Bronx voters and then immediately let go at the slightest sign of defence. That's the big difference.
Y'know, I used to have a friend named Jim. Now, Jim had a problem, not a big problem but pretty annoying all the same. I used to tell him not to tie ropes looping horizontally but he'd always come back with a horizontally tied rope. I always made sure to listen to why a person tied their rope a certain way, but Jim always had the same old answer. 'What? That doesn't sound right'. Yep.

So here's a question Royal, beyond asking them why they voted for BM,what do you want to ask? Once can be an accident, twice is an incident, thrice is inevitable. Keep fighting the good fight.

You're not supposed to feel anything here. I didn't make this for you, I made it for me and all players other than you. You already know your alignment, I don't need to help you figuring it out.
Whoooo, subtle. The national players league of Mafia salute you.

This thread exploded while I was asleep.

Dusk Soldier, I was promised a Pumpkaboo read

Where is it?

Blargonaut said:

Personality: typically Impish, sometimes Relaxed.

Usual Abilities: Frisk, Pickup, Insomnia.

So you stay up at night, and you like to cause mischief, though not always.

Based on this analysis it looks like you have a power role, mostly like you're a role cop.

Who did you investigate last night?

What was the result?

Why should we believe you're aligned with town?

No riddles please.

StanleyPalmTree, I know you're awake.

Anything you want to say?

hi, sorry.
busy day that lead to me not wanting to think things,
but i do have a couple things i cant say now.

regarding the question i asked bronx voters earlier, regarding the lack of questioning BM, im frustratingly forced to conclude that everyone had decent enough reasons for not doing so. so i cant really take that line much further. still not a great look on anyone that was around at the time though.

i see alot of distrust and scumreads being aimed at Melon, im pretty mystified on exactly why (im town reading her atm) but i know i havnt been reading into her very much, any chance someone could give me a tldr on why she's so suspect?

i see several people may be heading for a Salva lynch, naturally i dont have anything against that (guy has been about as useful as a waterproof teabag), but i know i wont be voting for him today. after voting one inactive out, today im going to actually vote on some i purely think is scum.

on that note, i dont have any strong scum reads on anyone right now. but the smaller scum vibes are pointing me in the direction of Royal, El Topo, Nin, and Verelios. hopefully tomorrow ill be able to turn some of these idle feelings into something substantial enough to vote on

also why do people keep capitalizing the t in palmtree? its one word gosh darnit! bugs me way more than it should everytime i see it.

Based on this analysis it looks like you have a power role, mostly like you're a role cop.

What was the result?

No riddles please.

man your bad at this.

mischievous and insomnia wouldn't be a role cop, it would be a switcher.

c'mon man,

be serious about this completely meaningless bullshit.

i see alot of distrust and scumreads being aimed at Melon, im pretty mystified on exactly why (im town reading her atm) but i know i havnt been reading into her very much, any chance someone could give me a tldr on why she's so suspect?

Only Sophia has given a clear reason for her scumread. Everyone else has been pretty vague and been saying they haven't yet really analyzed me. Some (Splinter, Royal, etc) have promised reads coming soon. I guess a lot of gut feelings going around?

Dusk Soldier, I was promised a Pumpkaboo read

Where is it?

Blargonaut said:

What was the result?

No riddles please.

I'm not gonna lie, just to BS you I was going to respond to this with a continuation of my Metroid Battle Network RPG idea, this time my post being a rough plot outline of the concept I had for a new, rebooted Samus Aran and her story in an alternate universe of Metroid; but, as I expanded on it and typed more and more, it all began to sound like such a cohesive narrative to me that I'm choosing to withhold it now, and will likely incorporate some of this Metroid fanfic of mine into my own sci-fi tripe of an idea (changing the names, of course).

Was this a breadcrumb all along? Yes, it is.

Dusk,

What is your current feelings about the game? Reads? Any tidbits?
I feel like right now there is a sort of stealth push in the game towards getting fireblend and melonrabbit lynched.

I know from reading through previous scum threads that sometimes scum keeps an informal list on players they think they can get town to lynch.

I want to go back and do a read through to see what everyone's stances are on the above two players, but i don't really have time to dig unfortunately.

*snip*

i see several people may be heading for a Salva lynch, naturally i dont have anything against that (guy has been about as useful as a waterproof teabag), but i know i wont be voting for him today. after voting one inactive out, today im going to actually vote on some i purely think is scum.

*snip*

TwQOrSL.gif

I feel like right now there is a sort of stealth push in the game towards getting fireblend and melonrabbit lynched.

I know from reading through previous scum threads that sometimes scum keeps an informal list on players they think they can get town to lynch.

I want to go back and do a read through to see what everyone's stances are on the above two players, but i don't really have time to dig unfortunately.

More like a push towards stealth ¬_¬

*Kricketots chirping*

I'm not gonna lie, just to BS you I was going to respond to this with a continuation of my Metroid Battle Network RPG idea, this time my post being a rough plot outline of the concept I had for a new, rebooted Samus Aran and her story in an alternate universe of Metroid; but, as I expanded on it and typed more and more, it all began to sound like such a cohesive narrative to me that I'm choosing to withhold it now, and will likely incorporate some of this Metroid fanfic of mine into my own sci-fi tripe of an idea (changing the names, of course).

Was this a breadcrumb all along? Yes, it is.

Are you going to tell us what your role power is?

El Topo

My time on the mountaintop is over, but I'm still not sure what to do. God, why do these things have to be so difficult? Well, just so I at least contribute, notes on LP:
#18 – Pre-Game;
#26 – Pre-Game;
#37 – Pre-Game;
#40 – Pre-Game;
#55 – Fluff; NOTE: possible Evoli breadcrumb?
#259 – calls out UF for asking melonrabbit about Ty4on, Sophia and Darryl; claims him drawing attention on them had "its desired effect" as "Sawneeks immediately latches on"; complains about non-commital backpedal; VOTE: UF; attacks Stanley for complaining about nin and CM and defends them
#260 – attacks El Topo for supposedly coasting
#262 – claims Gorlak had short but substantial posts and RF was just giving short, insignificant replies;
#263 – admits to Sophia he overlooked the Ty/So/Da connection; claims three is big enough to possibly contain a scum member;
#280 – claims his job is done after El Topo responds to his bullshit
#300 – "takes a coaster to know a coaster"; defends how he "presented two opening posts that differed in style";
#311 – says he did not vote for Topo; claims El Topo's vote is a masquerade;
#771 – finds El Topo leading the vote count interesting; reads him town; responds to UF and comments on the meta of the triangle; claims the rest of UF's posts are rather insignificant; keeps his vote on him
#773 – finds out that Bronx is now in the lead
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#825 – fluff post about the names of the other trainers
#912 – on mobile; claims Sophia could be Gaga; says 5 votes on Bronx => he likes the odds of finding scum there
#930 – responds to UF: "Who wouldn't want a double voter on their team?"
#1073 – says with recruitment he is not "taking anything for granted"; does not believe anything nless it's a flip; says we can let scum deal with Sophia, but says it is problematic if she gets recruited
#1077 – posts D1 votes; points out that CM, Flush and Ferret did not vote
#1078 – says he does not want to tunnel, but says UF did not vote D1 and continues with "mostly inconsequential posts", e.g. bringing up the triangle again; asks UF for reads;
#1114 – responds to Sawneeks on how there are no votes for melon on D2
As I said, I will not hold D1 behavior too much against people (for now), but I thought it was interesting to go through LP's posts. It's...really not much. There's other players I want to look at before I start a lynch train though. Will post more later.

Also to whoever it was (iirc Flush) that had asked if I had even posted today: There is a search function here that allows you to see all posts a user made in that thread.

Fireblend

Banned
Really odd feeling reading through the last couple of pages. People seem to be gently nudging on several directions including myself but there's very little in the way of actual threats or accusations.

Just going to respond really quick to this since you brought it up again in your last post. I've explained everything I can about my Bronx-Man vote, so I won't go into that again, but I'm not really seeing how I'm playing defensively? I'm not the only one who is having trouble making any solid reads this game. Am I trying to please everyone? Until I have a better idea of who might be scum, then yeah. Without me providing any solid/well thought out leads, being lynched would just be giving scum one less townie to worry about.
This feels like a weak response overall, you admit trying to please everyone because you don't have a good read on anyone? That almost makes you an asset for scum, if your vote is so malleable that they can manipulate it. I do get some frustration from this post but at least pretend to be a threat to scum, not reassure them of your weak will. That last sentence also feels a bit tacked on, not sure why you felt the need to remind us you're town :p

---

Then there's a bunch of CM posts where he piggybacks off some Dusk posts from earlier mentioning me. Feels like he's kind of pointing in my direction trying to get something going maybe? I find it odd that he dedicated 3 posts to me and all he could muster to say was he wouldn't oppose my lynch.

So Ferret, how do feel about a Fireblend lynch? I can't blame him since Dusk_Soldier wants to push for his lynch and he needs a bunch of people who look more scummy than he does.

He's not fond of my postings, thinks I'm in general not worth having around. I'll admit I'd vote for him today though he's not my preferred lynch.

Fireblend needs someone else more scummy looking that he does, which is the no voters to stave off his lynch. That was what I was trying to say in the bolded.

Yeah, I guess it's something of a OMGUS vote. I haven't gone over his posts in any detail. It's just that I find his reasons for suspecting me extremely petty.

Regarding the first post I didn't say those things explicitly, but sure that wouldn't be too off the mark. I feel like you're posting weakly these 2 days.

What worries me the most about people who don't have a vote at the end of the day is that a town player worries about being NK'd and if that happens their voting record is what town is left with. Scum would want to minimize information and wouldn't be so worried about making it to the next day so not leaving a vote is less of a risk for them. And sure, the same could be said about the no lynch votes, specially when it was obvious that wasn't going to happen. How is that petty? If I'd been NK'd I would have left town with more info than you would have, I think that's reason enough to ask for an explanation and I'm surprised I'd have to justify that to you.

Also I don't get the idea that I'm looking for people "more scummy looking than myself", specially when you fail to describe how is it that I'm scummy looking. I'd assume you're piggybacking off Dusk if it wasn't because Dusk has also not said anything to that effect.

I just woke up for a moment and remembered to post this before I forgot. This was probably one of the worst times to post Fire, right after Melon called attention to you. Not a good look. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as I'm not sure if that's what happened.

I don't understand this at all. How does it not give me a good look? What time would have been better? And what's this benefit of the doubt backpedalling bs? :p you already suggested it so go ahead and run with it, what's in your head?

Vote: Verelios

Interested in hearing from Dusk since CM seems to be trying to justify my lynch based on his implied scumread of me. It's almost like I missed a post. How do you read me, Dusk? Hopefully you're still around.

4 active votes, and about 26 hours left in the day. Lots of circling but no blood in the water yet.

Dusk, roy, and CM brought up a Fireblend vote. No votes on Fireblend.

There was some noise about melon being an alternate to Bronx (RF, Splinter, Sophia). No votes on melon.

These are the only current votes:

• Gorlak on Sophia: because she was a scum double voter before.
  • Roy on Dusk: a prod vote to explain his Fire vote and his Pokemon read list.
  • Sawneeks on nin: a prod vote to get into the game.
  • Splinter on RF: about the only vote of substance. Will have to look at this again since RF didn't set off any scum alarm bells on D1.

roytheone

Alright, caught up.

It stood out to me that while there is a lot of back and forth discussion and accusations, not many people actually vote. We are currently barely 24 hours away from days end, and there are only 5 votes active, 4 if you count Blarg his vote as a joke vote. I don't really know what to make of this though. I guess people just don't have very strong scum reads yet? Hell, outside of Dusk, I also don't have very strong scum reads. My other scum reads Blarg and Nin are mostly based on gut.

Talking about Nin, he said he wanted to focus on people that voted on Bronx, but never even questioned any of us or gave opinions beyond "I didn't like their reason for their vote" as far as I can recall. Nin, do you still think our best bet to find scum is to look at the bronx voters, and if so, who is most scummy to you and why?

A recurring argument among the not-voters seems to be that no vote is comparable to a no lynch vote. I disagree with this. Doing a no vote is basically saying: "I don't care, do whatever you like" while a no lynch vote is saying "I don't want to lynch anybody today". A HUGE difference. One is staying in the back not taking any responsibility while the other is actively trying to get the result you think is best. Even if that result isn't a result I agree with, I still find it a better look then fighting for nothing at all.

I don't know what role PM The goddamn read, but I have no idea how he could read Barry's flip and conclude that the most likely case is just a mason chat. The pm literally says people will get TWO alignments, plus the fact that the power moves to someone else if he died on night one makes me think his role is very important for the balancing of this game. Goddamn downplaying the importance of trainers worries me.

My bad feeling about LP continue. He continues to tunnel a lot on Ferret, I don't think he even gave opinions on any other player yet outside of that El topo business. I also noticed he likes to point out situations he finds weird, but not actually do anything with it:

Interesting that El Topo is currently leading the vote count (voters are Flush, melon, and Sophia). I do town read him since his reaction to my #coastpost seemed genuine, even though it was defensive. Then again, scum might think #whatwouldscumdo and then do the opposite. WIFOM.

On mobile but a couple thoughts.

Sophia could be the Gaga aligned trainer right now.

5 votes on Bronx, not a particularly high number but I like the odds of finding one scum there.

And yet I see no votes for melon on D2 so far.

LP, any more thoughts about these things you pointed out? Any opinions about other players outside of Ferret?

Sophia

I'm debating a Royal Flush vote. I do like Splinter's argument for him, and I kind of want to lynch someone I've got a blind spot for. That being said, I'm also slightly town reading him so...

Right now I'm not feeling a Sawneeks or Splinter vote. They're town-ish, and Sawneeks is putting in a lot of effort towards arguments AND defending them.

Sophia

I really don't feel confident about TheGoddamn either, but that's mainly because I wasn't feeling confident about Darryl.

LP would be more useful if he used his amazing ability to bring up obvious things everyone else overlooked/just don't bother mentioning on other people and not just me (he can still talk about me, it's like I have a fan who hates me and scrutinizes my work constantly). Anything else noteworthy LP, or do you only watch this series for the Furrets?

You being one of the 3 people that had no vote by the end of the day made you stand out. I didn't create that narrative.

Ty4on

I'm debating a Royal Flush vote. I do like Splinter's argument for him, and I kind of want to lynch someone I've got a blind spot for. That being said, I'm also slightly town reading him so...

That... doesn't make sense.

What do you mean?

Ty4on

Flush did attempt to provide an explanation, at least, but so far neither CM nor Ferret have referred to why they didn't have a vote despite having already showed up after the day began. I'm particularly worried about CM, these are some really fluffy posts for day 2 IMO:

This is technically correct in a convoluted way, but anyone reading CM's post at the end of D1...
UNVOTE

I don't think you're mafia for now but I'm not sure who to put my vote on either. Bronx-man is too easy, I'm sure Burbeting will settle it for the start of Day 2. El Topo and nin1000 seem to be easy targets for lynch mainly due to being null read, a common theme in most reads.

Anyways it's bedtime. I'd rather not vote than put one out there with little thought or reason behind it.
... I think would disagree.

What made you overlook that and why didn't you reply when CM corrected you?

Went over the Flush vote by Splinter. I didn't like how Flush prefaced a post with "Sophia defence force", as if she needed a defence force or she was in danger of being voted out. The Bronx vote happened because people didn't want Sophia dead. It seems like a pre-emptive "I told you so" if Sophia flips town.

TheGoddamn has been a non-factor today. Votes Sophia because she shouldn't have survived the night, then unvotes and starts more role speculation. While I did town-read Darryl, his late no-lynch vote was interesting; a previously aggressive player getting cold feet?

roytheone

Went over the Flush vote by Splinter. I didn't like how Flush prefaced a post with "Sophia defence force", as if she needed a defence force or she was in danger of being voted out. The Bronx vote happened because people didn't want Sophia dead. It seems like a pre-emptive "I told you so" if Sophia flips town.

TheGoddamn has been a non-factor today. Votes Sophia because she shouldn't have survived the night, then unvotes and starts more role speculation. While I did town-read Darryl, his late no-lynch vote was interesting; a previously aggressive player getting cold feet?

In my experience, that is just how Darryl plays day 1. He goes hard and aggressively against people, but that doesn't mean he thinks those people are scum. He just does it for the reactions.

Sophia

What is Splinter's argument? I'm not asking for #1129, but your interpretation.

Bear with me, I've just spent three hours in a car and another hour getting my face zapped, so I'm not in the best mood for mafia. But yes, I really liked #1129, and also didn't like Royal's reply here.

For one, commenting on the narrative he brought up that people were blaming him for Bronx seems weird, especially because I already made my point on it multiple times and Verelios's post is more criticizing him for a non answer.

There's also the fact that I basically told Royal to man up and vote with me, and he hasn't tried to justify in the most obvious way possible: "Sophia unvoted, so I didn't feel obligated to stick with it." Which makes way more sense than the answer he gave Splitner and makes me suspicious.

Also of course I don't really need him to defend me, but everyone's said that anyhow.

I'm also not particularly scum-reading Verelios at the moment, but I'll check back through and see if something sticks out.

In my experience, that is just how Darryl plays day 1. He goes hard and aggressively against people, but that doesn't mean he thinks those people are scum. He just does it for the reactions.

From what I've seen playing with Town Darryl, he generally pushes for reactions, but there's a method to his madness in that he's trying to clear people in his mind (I actually do the same sometimes) I didn't get that impression from Darryl this time, which made me curious.

My bad feeling about LP continue. He continues to tunnel a lot on Ferret, I don't think he even gave opinions on any other player yet outside of that El topo business. I also noticed he likes to point out situations he finds weird, but not actually do anything with it:

LP, any more thoughts about these things you pointed out? Any opinions about other players outside of Ferret?

No one else is talking about Ferret, so I brought it up. As I said before, his lack of vote on D1 brought attention on himself.

melon is active and engaging with everyone, similar to Verelios. I do, however, have a stronger town read on melon than Verelios.

Flush's staunch defence of Sophia is a cause for concern, especially with alignment-changing trainers out there. Gorlak's vote on Sophia because of history is a bit odd too: games are separate entities. But I buy his argument that just because she's a double-voter it doesn't mean she's automatically not scum.

I'm sure El Topo has more notes to share on other players than just me, otherwise he might be accused of tunneling too.

Ty4on

No one else is talking about Ferret, so I brought it up. As I said before, his lack of vote on D1 brought attention on himself.

melon is active and engaging with everyone, similar to Verelios. I do, however, have a stronger town read on melon than Verelios.

Flush's staunch defence of Sophia is a cause for concern, especially with alignment-changing trainers out there. Gorlak's vote on Sophia because of history is a bit odd too: games are separate entities. But I buy his argument that just because she's a double-voter it doesn't mean she's automatically not scum.

I'm sure El Topo has more notes to share on other players than just me, otherwise he might be accused of tunneling too.

???
If all conditions are met, the Pokémon will be caught, and will be given the alignment of The Pokémon Team of Lady Gaga, while still retaining also their pre-existing alignment.

Verelios

I don't understand this at all. How does it not give me a good look? What time would have been better? And what's this benefit of the doubt backpedalling bs? :p you already suggested it so go ahead and run with it, what's in your head?

Vote: Verelios
You really don't see how posting directly after Melon called you out could be construed as scum play? There is no backpedaling, the benefit of the doubt is because I hadn't seen a post from you recently so maybe that's when you looked into the thread, I don't know, still a bad look.

Ty4on

Bear with me, I've just spent three hours in a car and another hour getting my face zapped, so I'm not in the best mood for mafia. But yes, I really liked #1129, and also didn't like Royal's reply here.

For one, commenting on the narrative he brought up that people were blaming him for Bronx seems weird, especially because I already made my point on it multiple times and Verelios's post is more criticizing him for a non answer.

There's also the fact that I basically told Royal to man up and vote with me, and he hasn't tried to justify in the most obvious way possible: "Sophia unvoted, so I didn't feel obligated to stick with it." Which makes way more sense than the answer he gave Splitner and makes me suspicious.

Also of course I don't really need him to defend me, but everyone's said that anyhow.

I'm also not particularly scum-reading Verelios at the moment, but I'll check back through and see if something sticks out.

From what I've seen playing with Town Darryl, he generally pushes for reactions, but there's a method to his madness in that he's trying to clear people in his mind (I actually do the same sometimes) I didn't get that impression from Darryl this time, which made me curious.

That argument is a little less straightforward than what I'd like. I'm not quite getting what the argument(s) is nor why you have a gut feeling he is town.

Anyhow, could you streamline a bit when you feel better and possibly set the record straight on what you thought about Darryl back in D1?

#142:
Defense of Ty4on? Can you clarify a bit? I'm currently null reading him.

Related to this, but I'm not feeling Darryl either. Town Darryl is usually more aggressive than this.
#662:
First thought: I don't like the fact that Melonrabbit suddenly shifted her vote to El Topo when there's some dead air surrounding El Topo. He seems to be the only person defending himself, and actually doing a decent job from a quick glance.

Second thought:

That's because I haven't provided a very strong read of Darryl. If you must know, he's a bit of a null read right now, leaning ever so slightly townish.
#743:
Darryl wants to no lynch? Hmm..

Sophia

Anyhow, could you streamline a bit when you feel better and possibly set the record straight on what you thought about Darryl back in D1?

#142:

#662:

#743:

Was a back and fourth opinion based upon his posts. At #142 he didn't seem very aggressive except towards you. At #662 I was feeling slightly better about him, because he started focusing on other people, and I was seeing more of his traditional town style play, hence the ever so slightly town read. Then of course he no lynched voted at #743 and I went back to uncertainty again because I've never seen Darryl no lynch, although the fact that he no lynched because he said something was up with his internet was understandable. There was also his "I think this lynch is hopeless today.", to which I can take guesses as to what he meant, but I can't get a definite answer because he subbed out now.

Ty4on

I am eating an apple for lunch.

A coworker gives me an orange to eat for lunch.

My lunch has changed, but I am still eating an apple for lunch.
Did you mean it that way the first time? The way you phrased it made it sound like your coworker replaced your apple with an orange.

When I think alignment changing I don't think town staying town and gaining another alignment. I think town turning into scum or neutral.

Top Bottom