• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition heading to the US as Pokémon Conquest (June 18th)

blurrygil

Just gotta say: You all are going to really enjoy the game. (Or at least I hope you will!)

As simpler of a tactics game as it is, it still has a ton of depth and just about anyone of any age should be able to play and get into it.

I'm playing to many RPGs right now so I probably won't buy it until around a year after it comes out but I will buy it because it looks so awsome amd weird. I rarely buy Pokemon spinoff games since you can't trade pokemon in them to the main games (weird reason I know.) but this is just to awsome to pass up.

CorvoSol

Jigglypuff is going to fuck that Articuno up.

Hell yes. That Jigglypuff is a killing MACHINE man. It gets like, 5 hits a turn.

Also, Nobunaga is my new favorite Dragon Trainer and new favorite Pokemon Trainer of all time. Move over Lance, Blue, and Giovanni. Freaking Nobunaga will mess your faces up.

I'm completely getting this. But I am sad that they're not localizing Fire Emblem*.

*I mean the second Fire Emblem remake to appear on DS. The sequel to the first, that had downloadable map packs on SNES in Japan? Yeah, that was remade on DS and it's not coming. ;_;

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm completely getting this. But I am sad that they're not localizing Fire Emblem*.

*I mean the second Fire Emblem remake to appear on DS. The sequel to the first, that had downloadable map packs on SNES in Japan? Yeah, that was remade on DS and it's not coming. ;_;

Lots of people were certain that this wasn't coming before today...

Kind of surprising this is coming over. Although I'm glad to see it coming it makes me wish for Fire Emblem a lot more.

Maybe they should put some Pokemon in Fire Emblem as DLC, maybe that'll make NoA bring it over! :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kind of surprising this is coming over. Although I'm glad to see it coming it makes me wish for Fire Emblem a lot more.

Maybe they should put some Pokemon in Fire Emblem as DLC, maybe that'll make NoA bring it over! :p

Given characters like Tiki and Myrrh, maybe Dragon Pokemon wouldn't be too out of place.

M-PG71C

Bad-ass, now I have something to play during the summer months! I thought localization was a serious "maybe" but I'm glad its happening. Day one purchase for me!

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Haven't played a Pokemon since the GBC days, but I'm all over this. It's such a wacky idea, I can't help but love it. Plus it plays more to my taste (SRPG) than traditional Pokemon.

Can't wait.

Lots of people were certain that this wasn't coming before today...

If you notice though, all Nintendo has announced this year for the system are Pokemon games. I doubt they'll release anything else. They can surprise me, but I think it's pretty doubtful.

But then again, they did also release Sacred Stones for the GBA in 2005, so maybe...

Gartooth

Wow, pretty cool to see that its not only coming over, but also in 2 months! That is pretty fast for a Pokemon localization.

Also as far as the game goes, how was the reception?

Moodkip

does this game require you to connect it to other games in the series in order to get the full experience (example: only way to get all the Gen4 pokemon is by connecting it to Diamond/Pearl, all Gen5 pokemon by Black/White, etc.), or is it a completely standalone game?

that's one of the reasons the series is so inaccessible to me. this game looks really neat but if i can't get the full experience on its own i may have to pass. :(

does this game require you to connect it to other games in the series in order to get the full experience (example: only way to get all the Gen4 pokemon is by connecting it to Diamond/Pearl, all Gen5 pokemon by Black/White, etc.), or is it a completely standalone game?

that's one of the reasons the series is so inaccessible to me. this game looks really neat but if i can't get the full experience on its own i may have to pass. :(
Getting exclusive Pokemon has been a non-issue since you can trade online.

BatDan

It sounds like a standalone game. No others required.

Though on the B/W side of things, I imagine we'll also get the Shiny Rayquaza owned by Nobunaga through Mystery Gift.

ratzombie

Neo Member
Wow, definitely didn't expect this to get a US release. It's been a while since I have looked forward to a new Pokemon game.

I hope they take the gameplay formula and create a series in which Pokemon always team up with another companies mascots. I'd like to see Capcom in Koei's role next.

I hope they take the gameplay formula and create a series in which Pokemon always team up with another companies mascots. I'd like to see Capcom in Koei's role next.

Maybe they could find a use for that Battle Network gameplay they abandoned last generation. (Not Bitter.)
Ok, I'm bitter.

This looks awesome, but I haven't been able to find much information on it. How long has this game been out in Japan again? And why can't I find any reviews?

BatDan

This looks awesome, but I haven't been able to find much information on it. How long has this game been out in Japan again? And why can't I find any reviews?

It came out March 17th, as in last month.
As for reviews? Famitsu probably has one.

Alrix

So I was in Gamestop picking up Xenoblade a few weeks ago, and there was a kinda cute girl buying a used DS and Pokemon Black for her boyfriend, and the Gamestop clerk who's probably the least annoying dude I've ever seen at a Gamestop starts telling her to preorder Conquest, it's the "Gray version for Black and White" yada yada, and I just wanted to blurt out "NO ITS NOT BRO THATS BLACK AND WHITE 2 CONQUEST IS DIFFERENT", but I didn't.

Just felt like mentioning it to you bros who would get me. But yeah this game is kinda interesting me now since it's a srpg, but I don't like playing DS games on my 3DS and traded my lite in when 3DS came out. :/ (probably won't stop me anyway, since I've still got a bunch of DS games in my backlog)

Top Bottom