• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition heading to the US as Pokémon Conquest (June 18th)

It's 2012 and we have 3 pokemon games coming for the DS.

Black 2
White 2
Conquest.

Nintendo is now making a legitimate push to keep the DS selling, and it makes sense. Why? They won't turn a profit on a 3DS sold until ~October, and I'm sure the DSi nets Nintendo at least $40 per unit sold. ( Those things are still selling for $130 ). It's not a good long term plan to push the DS, but Nintendo is in need of any revenue they can get.

Mako_Drug

It's 2012 and we have 3 pokemon games coming for the DS.

Black 2
White 2
Conquest.

Nintendo is now making a legitimate push to keep the DS selling, and it makes sense. Why? They won't turn a profit on a 3DS sold until ~October, and I'm sure the DSi nets Nintendo at least $40 per unit sold. ( Those things are still selling for $130 ). It's not a good long term plan to push the DS, but Nintendo is in need of any revenue they can get.

I think its less about pushing DS hw than the total possible sales of sw on DS vs 3DS and the turn around time for said sw. All these games are low investment, quick turnaround and highly appealing to existing DS audiences whereas if they were developed for 3DS their releases would be 6+ months off what they are and available to an audience only a fraction of the size of DS.

That said, I hate the way DS games look on my 3DS. Guess I'll have to bring my Lite out of hibernation.

Top Bottom