• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire : November trailer

zferolie

Neo Member
That ZInnia is really cute, and it's awesome to see a new story attached to the game!

I really like how they are making it easier to get all these legendaries from older generations. I can understand it's because a lot of tournaments don't allow older gen pokemon.

Zinnia has a Wismur... Mega Exploud COming? Oh man I already use a normal Exploud on one of my teams and it is devistating... a Mega Exploud with Boomburst... I fear for everything.

I still havent downloaded the demo or redeemed my Diance code. I should do that tonight. Was only gonna get Alpha Saph, but may need to get Ruby now as well

JoeM86

Just to clarify.

Standard, you get:
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Latios

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Latias

With the Eon Ticket, you can also get:
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Latias

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Latios

No, the eon ticket is only to get the lati not already present in your game.

No. To use Soar you need the Eon Flute, which you can get in the game normally, without StreetPass. It's the Eon Ticket that you get via StreetPass, and is used to make the Latios / Latias appear in your game.

I think the eon ticket is to get the Lati@s that's not version exclusive to whichever version of ORAS you get, so you can still use soar on the one Lati@s you have.

Ah okay, good to know. Super hyped for this game, I'll get to play it on the train on my way to NYC!

MicH

"Encounters with Legendary Pokémon found in Mirage spots will vary based on which game is being played."

Sounds like I need to wait until I know which version has Suicune before i buy it.
I fear there will be version exclusives AND that your starter determines which you can get

zbarron

I haven't been keeping up but am getting one copy of each day one. Does anyone know the best/easiest/only way to get the demo at this point?

zferolie

Neo Member
Just to clarify.

Standard, you get:
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Latios

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Latias

With the Eon Ticket, you can also get:
Pokémon Omega Ruby
Latias

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Latios

Ah thanks for that info! I was getting Saph because I really want Latias, but now I know that she is available on ruby is awesome... sucks that my shiny Latias turns puke green when she mega evolves :(

I fear there will be version exclusives AND that your starter determines which you can get

Yeah, that sounds very likely... so unless you buy 3 versions, you will have to trade for one of them

Kouriozan

I made the mistake to choose the same starter in both X and Y (after getting all of them) but now I know what to do.
Still plan on restarting Y sometime for the other 2 birds.

So which legendaries AREN'T available in this game at this point?
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Yvaltal, Xerneas and Zygarde

You said legendaries; not mythical (the official term for event legendaries). If we want to add mythical add about 15 to that count.

Growlie19

Looks like Blaziken gets Ice Punch (seems weird for a fire type). Swampert also regains Focus Punch, which it hasn't had since gen 4.

Going for maximum confusion, perhaps they can also decide to break up trios.

get one regi based on starter.
the genies work like in gen 5
Get one of raikou, virizion, and mesprit based on which starter you choose in ruby
get one of entei, terrakion, and uxie based on the starter you choose in emerald.
get gen 6 versions the first two pokemon in a trio in one game to unlock the third.
keldeo will be a gamestop-exclusive event where the code only works for your game if you already have a gen 6 ponyfucker trio.

In addition, a darkrai event will randomly be distributed by spotpass to select users during the nighttime hours in their area to represent nightmares, and then passed on by streetpass to others.

if this joke comes true then gamefreak hates us.

-Horizon-

I haven't been keeping up but am getting one copy of each day one. Does anyone know the best/easiest/only way to get the demo at this point?

I'm sure there are still people who are giving away demo codes in that ORAS demo thread here on GAF. Go check it out.

Akiller

TO SPACE

Oq9ssEj.jpg

I wasn't going D1 for this game but riding Mega Rayquaza to space fight against Deoxys?All my money ,man.All of it.

Here's the first mega Deoxys image:

Looks like Blaziken gets Ice Punch (seems weird for a fire type). Swampert also regains Focus Punch, which it hasn't had since gen 4.

And the data from the demo does not suggest they do.
Before people get too excited however... Remember that the movepools of the pokemon available in the demo were altered to avoid finding new moves through grinding.

lewisgone

I found the positioning of them in the trailer regarding mirage spots worrying in this respect. Then again they should still be in the Hounen dex so hopefully still in the main game.

Edit: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/legendary-pokemon/messages-left-in-hoenn Braile confrimed?

I'd also hesitate on the celebrations as it would be bizarre to give us all those legendaries in one playthrough while in XY being like, "only one bird for you".

Looks like braille returns then, that's cool. And I doubt they would move them from their locations in the original game - I can't see them being in "mirage spots" whatever those are.

I'm imagining a lot of the legendaries will be version exclusive. X/Y though were notable in the lack of legendaries, and an oddity - I hope that wouldn't become the new normal. The lack of legendaries was only noticeable because it had no trio and no extra, non-event legendaries like D/P and B/W.

zferolie

Neo Member
About Mega Galie and Mega Steelix... can we only get them if we had the demo? What if one version wasn't avalible in our region?

Wichu

Damnit, Blaziken did not need Ice Punch. At least it's already banned on Smogon, but fighting it on Battle Spot is going to be even more a pain in the arse.

Notably, Blaziken can't learn Ice Punch according to the demo datamine. This means the demo data isn't based on the final build.

Even given this, I still wouldn't count on new Megas. Don't get your hopes up.

JoeM86

Damnit, Blaziken did not need Ice Punch. At least it's already banned on Smogon, but fighting it on Battle Spot is going to be even more a pain in the arse.

Notably, Blaziken can't learn Ice Punch according to the demo datamine. This means the demo data isn't based on the final build.

Even given this, I still wouldn't count on new Megas. Don't get your hopes up.

Or it means they made a mistake.

I honestly can't see Blaziken getting Ice Punch.

They've had Pokémon using moves they can't have on the official site before.

But hell, I could be wrong. I'll know for sure when the Japanese site updates tomorrow morning.

Qurupeke

I wonder what episode Delta exactly is. A post game scenario like the sages hunting in BW or more of a standalone thing...

Wichu

But hell, I could be wrong. I'll know for sure when the Japanese site updates tomorrow morning.

official website said:
Then, lash out at weaknesses with three different punches!

Seems pretty intentional to me, though it is strange (are the any other Fire-types that can learn Ice moves?)

iFirez

Her name is Zinnia, like the flower? More Tree/Flower references in Pokemon I guess... cool :D Love her design too.

Growlie19

Seems pretty intentional to me, though it is strange (are the any other Fire-types that can learn Ice moves?)

From what I can gather, Victini got Glaciate through an event and Castform in sunny weather gets Powder Snow, Ice Beam, and Blizzard. So other than events and type-changing, no.

just need a Battle Frontier confirmation or Battle Resort being a renamed one and XY is officially dead to us all except for the legendarys

Crayolan

The "Blaziken can learn Ice Punch" confirmation is coming from pictures on the site, not just text. Pretty sure that's not a mistake.

JoeM86

The "Blaziken can learn Ice Punch" confirmation is coming from pictures on the site, not just text. Pretty sure that's not a mistake.

As have "Diancie can learn Power Gem", but it can't
diancie_08.jpg

As I said, we'll see tomorrow. The western site has made these sorts of slight mistakes before, but if it's on the Japanese, then we know it's legit.

MattyG

Banned
Wait wait wait. Riding Rayquaza? INTO. SPACE? All those times that I went to the space station hoping that the legend was true, I never once imagined that it would come true in an even more amazing way.

Kill the space program, Mossdeep, Rayquaza's got this.

Cool, wasn't expecting to see a new character design this zany. I love the idea of the Delta Episode, since Pokémon doesn't normally deal with extraterrestrial affairs. More importantly, it's a creative way to let players get one of the most creative legendaries.

Crayolan

Top Bottom