• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire : November trailer

Crayolan

8.jpg

A camera photo of that, zoomed in apparently

Doesn't look any more like the Battle Palace than it does the Maison or any generic indoors area.

btkadams

Has Nintendo explained how exactly the games fit into the universe of Pokémon? We are playing as the same characters from the original R/S/E but different events take place with different Pokémon and mega evolutions. This game seems to make references to X&Y, so they must be in the same universe. At which point did we go into an alternate universe?

cafemomo

Has Nintendo explained how exactly the games fit into the universe of Pokémon? We are playing as the same characters from the original R/S/E but different events take place with different Pokémon and mega evolutions. This game seems to make references to X&Y, so they must be in the same universe. At which point did we go into an alternate universe?

all mainline games are in the same world they never went into a alternate

Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh are in PokeJapan
Unova is in PokeMcDonalds
and XY land (name escapes me) is PokeFrance

timeline is RBGY/RSE - > GSC/DPPt - > BWBW2 - > XY

all mainline games are in the same world they never went into a alternate

Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh are in PokeJapan
Unova is in PokeMcDonalds
and XY land (name escapes me) is PokeFrance

timeline is RBGY/RSE - > GSC/DPPt - > BWBW2 - > XY

Yeah, but the question is why does the original RSE differ so much from the remakes? And seeing as how these stories differ so much, is this an alternate Hoenn?

Personally, the pokemon lore and story has always been whatever for me. GF is just making the remakes awesome. I don't think theres any other meaning other than that.

Kouriozan

They talk about AZ and now Zinnia is the new mysterious girl.
Are they trying to go more in depth about what happened 3000 years ago?
Add to that Primal Kyogre/Groudon said to be more powerful in the past.

Tanwo

Oh my god... after all these years, I will finally be able to get Deoxys!
(I know it has been distributed through some events, but I was never able to get one)

Very, very happy to see the space plot finally go somewhere.
And also this! Something that always seemed missing.

JoeM86

The "Blaziken can learn Ice Punch" confirmation is coming from pictures on the site, not just text. Pretty sure that's not a mistake.

It's on the Japanese site now. So weird.

Will be one of the first things I check as it doesn't sit right with me.

wmlk

This could be the explanation for Mega Stones. They're from space.

I hope that finishes this crappy Mega Stone arc in Gen VI.

lupinko

Oh my god... after all these years, I will finally be able to get Deoxys!
(I know it has been distributed through some events, but I was never able to get one)

And also this! Something that always seemed missing.

I recently started giving away Deoxyses at the XY community thread.

DaBoss

Battle Frontier Brain track is one of the best battle themes. I hope they do a good remix for it. The DPPt one wasn't that great.

JoeM86

Could that not just be Nature Power? Diancie learns it via TM, and it takes the form of Power Gem in caves.

Valid point.

I keep ignoring Nature Power's other effects outside of multiplayer. Apologies. Shall test at earliest convenience.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/campaign/20140912_02.html

Above is the link for the description of the ORAS soundtrack that is being released on December 3rd. Google translate the page and you can see in the bonus tracks that there is a listing for:

"Combat! Frontier Brain"

Battle Frontier confirmed?

Also says that it's a re-release of past music.

Teknoman

if my younger self could see this...

Exactly lol. Pokemon is still inching closer and closer to quality JRPG style boss battle scenarios.

I still feel like XY Mewtwo fight was a missed opportunity to use his pkmn stadium theme though.

That would be great if you had to beat all forms of Deoxys and then catch it during its final. Make it a true legendary fight.

Tanwo

I recently started giving away Deoxyses at the XY community thread.

That's very kind, thanks for letting me know!

About this Delta Episode and the other legendaries, will there be anymore information about it, or will we have to wait until the games are released to know more details?

If its on the OR/AS official site its got to be new, right:

Remember that Pokémon Global Link is down, when it is back there will be a new attraction, a minecart:
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/...pokemon-global-link/new-attraction-at-the-pgl
Prizes are Pokéballs including the Master ball, could be handy for SR on legendaries that "need" HP Bullshit to be viable. I would have liked the odds...but I forgot these are not gambling but are games of "skill" despite it explicitly saying "As you go up in level, the number of Poké Balls you can obtain will increase, and so will your likelihood of obtaining rare Poké Balls".

This is probably old news but the official site says secret bases can be traded with QR codes. Well its news to me...well so is the whole secret bases page actually.

Made sorting out kinks in that functionality is the reason for the extended maintenance.

Official site also says:
"Note: You can complete your National Pokédex by obtaining all the Pokémon except for some Mythical or Legendary Pokémon."
Is that a terminology confusion (since many people refer to Mythical as Legendaries) or are they being more lenient (I wouldn't mind version exclusive legendaries being given a waiver). The wording suggests the former.

JoeM86

If its on the OR/AS official site its got to be new, right:

Remember that Pokémon Global Link is down, when it is back there will be a new attraction, a minecart:
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/...pokemon-global-link/new-attraction-at-the-pgl
Prizes are Pokéballs including the Master ball, could be handy for SR on legendaries that "need" HP Bullshit to be viable. I would have liked the odds...but I forgot these are not gambling but are games of "skill" despite it explicitly saying "As you go up in level, the number of Poké Balls you can obtain will increase, and so will your likelihood of obtaining rare Poké Balls".

This is probably old news but the official site says secret bases can be traded with QR codes. Well its news to me...well so is the whole secret bases page actually.

Made sorting out kinks in that functionality is the reason for the extended maintenance.

Official site also says:
"Note: You can complete your National Pokédex by obtaining all the Pokémon except for some Mythical or Legendary Pokémon."
Is that a terminology confusion (since many people refer to Mythical as Legendaries) or are they being more lenient (I wouldn't mind version exclusive legendaries being given a waiver). The wording suggests the former.

Being more lenient

Top Bottom