• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Zubz

Banned
Got my first SuMo shiny by complete accident! It's a Trubbish because I was breeding those en masse for the GRS.

That said, the father was a Destiny Knot-holding, 6 IV Ditto, so if I can handle a non-favorable Nature and lack of Egg Moves, I can get something rolling here.

Pokémon Stars real name is Pokémon Galaxy.

you know what does that mean....he is going to return.

Where did you hear this?

So stupid me soft reset my game after beating the Elite 4 and Tapu Koko... I was being impatient because the credits were taking so long and just started clicking buttons.. Long story short had to beat the Champion again.

AGITΩ

99/100 Zygarde cells. Been at this my whole post game and still no luck on this last one. Been using the seribee guide and still nothing. This is frustrating.

Daemul

Man, Battlespot singles has been nothing but cancer since launch. The likes of Mega Mence and Mega Gengar(this guy has been a huge problem since he was created) are running rampant throughout the ladder at the moment, due to most of the mons who are able to put an end to their nonsense currently being unusable because of Pokebank not being released yet. It sucks since Alola mons struggle hugely to deal with them, especially fucking Mega Gengar(seriously, why the fuck does this guy exist?).

We could really use the Genies back right about now. As much hate as those guys get, they are the key to having some illusion of a balanced meta. Things start falling apart when they're not around.

Regiruler

Sometimes I spend over a minute thinking of what drink to get at the cafe. I need help.
AGITΩ;226707193 said:
99/100 Zygarde cells. Been at this my whole post game and still no luck on this last one. Been using the seribee guide and still nothing. This is frustrating.

Is complete form even required for the pokedex?

I've honestly just used them as an excuse to explore. Memory is usually enough to know if I've explored an area at day/night already.
Mina reminds me of Cali and Mari (sp). Some really good designs in this game.
Mina is a deadbeat who does absolutely nothing but battle you with the standard bad battle theme.

AGITΩ;226707193 said:

Take it from me and take the easy way out; go onto the GTS, put up a Dhelmise or Trubbish and ask for Zygarde. I got one 10% one from someone and "finished" it by making Super Sentai Zygarde.

The mission is a total wash because there's no way to know what you have and don't have without checking a guide and even going through every single one. I was tired of that and just said whatever.

I've honestly just used them as an excuse to explore. Memory is usually enough to know if I've explored an area at day/night already.
Complete didn't register as a seperate forme for the Pokedex for me. Dogegarde and regular Zy are the only two "formes" you can see in the dex...unless you have to take it in a regular battle? I did it online and it didn't register.

Berordn

It sucks since Alola mons struggle hugely to deal with them, especially fucking Mega Gengar(seriously, why the fuck does this guy exist?).

It's kind of hilarious that they nerfed Gengar for no real reason but left Mega completely untouched.

DrArchon

It is not required. I got the Shiny Charm and everything and I'm not even close to getting a complete 100% finished Zygarde.

So I finally got to the second
Lusamine
fight last night, and holy shit fuck Clefable. Shit's bulky as hell AND it has a recovery move AND it has Cosmic Power AND it's hopped up on Z-Power. I didn't have a Steel or Poison move so it basically destroyed my entire time (I did manage to KO it and then revive the rest of my party for the other fights). That thing goes up there with Ghetsis's Hydreigon for hardest enemy in the game.

So I finally got to the second
Lusamine
fight last night, and holy shit fuck Clefable. Shit's bulky as hell AND it has a recovery move AND it has Cosmic Power AND it's hopped up on Z-Power. I didn't have a Steel or Poison move so it basically destroyed my entire time (I did manage to KO it and then revive the rest of my party for the other fights). That thing goes up there with Ghetsis's Hydreigon for hardest enemy in the game.
Don't forget about Metronome. I'm pretty sure there's something sneaky going on where it can summon a move out of it's ass that's super effective against your Pokemon. I know it got Hyrdo Pump when I had my Incineroar out, and my friend had Primarina and got a Thunder to the face.

I wonder if anyone can find that information in the game, if that Clefable's Metronome has an extremely high chance of getting a move that's super effective against your Pokemon? Is that even possible? Or are we just extremely unlucky.

Berordn

Poison, Bug, Steel, and Psychic?

Po Town is basically a bug trial so I give it a pass. I don't disagree on the others, just saying that Fairy's definitely not the least favorite here.

Psychic and Flying definitely had it bad, not only do they get no attention, they're not even in relevant spots for their typing. At least you got the Poison crystal from a Poison trainer.

Regiruler

Was Nanu the Kahuna that had the original team skull built around? I always thought that was the implication, but I don't know how long Nanu was Kahuna and his backstory being with
the international police
mucks up how long team skull had.
Dexio?
No. Has a larger role than that.
Faba

No. Has a larger role than that.
Faba
Ah that makes more sense.

Holy wow! I got a shiny Igglybuff about an hour ago, then made lunch and got a shiny Comfey in 65 encounters just now! Though it has a Brave nature, it's IV's are amongst some of the best I've gotten. 28/31/31/28/31/31. I am striking gold today!

Zelias

Banned
So Battle of Alola allows Island Scan Pokemon, but the ruleset indicates it was only Alola dex Pokemon? Kinda misleading, but I just faced off against a JP player who had Aegislash and Hydreigon.

bosh

I think its time to finally pick this up. Going to be a whole new world compared to the last one I played (Silver)

Going to be weird battling people online and not needing a cable

Kitzilla

I really hope they will add a story about Necrozma in Stars (or whatever they call it). It's like that Pokemon kinda... appeared and no background or whatsoever.

Regiruler

I'm looking for a Celesteela with a nickname request; neutral or any -speed nature.

I can provide a Kartana of any requested nature along with an abra synchronizer thrown in.

Please respond, I want to catch these things to proceed on :/

Izayoi

Banned
Hahaha, won my first four Alola Master's matches online.

Kartana is a fucking killer.

Once he gets a Beast Boost off it's over. Great physical defense shuts down Garchomp. Don't have to worry about Megas, and he deals with Ice, Ground, and Fairies which seem to be common.

Second round of ditto are going out 8pm EST. Same deal as last time, quote to see details.

I also have some (legit, untouched, hatched myself on a separate cart from my hackmon) 5-6IV Jolly Riolu w/ Bullet Punch in Love Balls if anybody wants one.

Probably absurdly late for the second round but if you don't mind me asking, are you going to give any more Ditto away?

Zelias

Banned
Hahaha, won my first four Alola Master's matches online.

Kartana is a fucking killer.

Once he gets a Beast Boost off it's over. Great physical defense shuts down Garchomp. Don't have to worry about Megas, and he deals with Ice, Ground, and Fairies which seem to be common.
I've run into a couple of Kartanas. Pheromosa makes quick work of it, but it's certainly intimidating otherwise.

Koren

I'm utterly annoyed that I can't connect to pokemon-gl, and I can't get support -_-

On another matter, there's a lot of ghost pokemons I like in Sun/Moon... I'm thinking about doing an all-ghosts run for my first playthrough in Sun (I would be happy running a ghost gym ^_^). Something like Dhelmise, Mimikyu, Palossand, probably Chandelure (I've already used Alolan Marowak in Moon, and I really like Chandelure), Aegislash (will be handy in some cases) and... Sableye? Using Lunala seems like cheating to me ^_^

Any advices/suggestions from people that do single-type runs? It's something I've wanted to tried several times, but never did.

On another matter, there's a lot of ghost pokemons I like in Sun/Moon... I'm thinking about doing an all-ghosts run for my first playthrough in Sun (I would be happy running a ghost gym ^_^). Something like Dhelmise, Mimikyu, Palossand, probably Chandelure (I've already used Alolan Marowak in Moon, and I really like Chandelure), Aegislash (will be handy in some cases) and... Sableye? Using Lunala seems like cheating to me ^_^

Any advices/suggestions from people that do single-type runs? It's something I've wanted to tried several times, but never did.

Totem Mimikyu
is going to give you hell...

I'm utterly annoyed that I can't connect to pokemon-gl, and I can't get support -_-

Sableye is probably a must so you'll at least have something that's not weak to ghost. Too bad it's weak to fairy though.

Wiseblade

Have I mentioned how good the music is in this game? Because it's great. Not just a step up
from the disappointing score in XY, but it's one of the best soundtracks in the series rivalling even the Unova games.

Most of all, the battle music is spectacular. The standard Wild Pokémon and Trainer battle themes are relatively standard but have just enough flair to reflect the locale without being obnoxious. The composers kick it into high gear on the rest. There are No Gym Leaders, but the Kahuna battle theme blows them out of the water (ESPECIALLY that piece of trash they play in Kalos). Hau has what is easily one of the better rival tracks and Gladion's sounds like it fell out of a Megaman game in the best way. The villainous themes too, are best in the series, especially for the bosses.

Costia

Anyone has a spare destiny knot?
Can trade a weavile/trubish/starter/vanillite/goomy/litwick (random/bad ivs)for it.
FC: quote

Top Bottom