• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Trading Card Game Pocket Announced for 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Experience the fun of collecting Pokémon Trading Card Game (TCG) cards with Pokémon Trading Card Game Pocket, an upcoming game for iOS and Android devices from Creatures Inc., the original developers of the Pokémon TCG, and DeNA Co., Ltd.

Last edited:

skit_data

Imagine going back in time and explain this to parents during the first "boom" of pokemon cards.

"Yeah in the future every person will have something in their pocket that by far exceeds the capabilities of even the most cutting edge computers today... and yeah that fad that your kids asking about... Pokemon cards... that'll still be alive and kicking stronger than ever before."

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Imagine going back in time and explain this to parents during the first "boom" of pokemon cards.

"Yeah in the future every person will have something in their pocket that by far exceeds the capabilities of even the most cutting edge computers today... and yeah that fad that your kids asking about... Pokemon cards... that'll still be alive and kicking stronger than ever before."
Never forget:

51y7mcI56cL._SY522_.jpg

The poor bloke who wrote this probably also predicted the Switch would be DOA.
He’s lucky his book wasn’t a smashing success, or he’d never live it down.

About the game, it’s quite amazing they hadn’t thought of it until now. I mean… it makes way too much sense.

NICE! I loved loved LOVED the OG back in the day. I think for the Game Boy Colour?

Really excited for this. Let's just hope it's not ruined by pay to win etc.

so is this supposed to replace Pkmn TCG Live? it seems closer to being a successor to that than the original GBC TCG adventure game. if the latter im in...

comes across as one more predatory way to hook people tbh

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sorry for bumping with no updates but I’m bizarrely hyped for this despite having no news since the reveal.

Think it’s the nostalgia talking, remembering everyone having a deck in the school playground.

I only play Clash of Clans on my phone but I’ll be downloading this day one and simply logging in daily for the 2 free packs.

SCB3

so is this supposed to replace Pkmn TCG Live? it seems closer to being a successor to that than the original GBC TCG adventure game. if the latter im in...

comes across as one more predatory way to hook people tbh
No its a separate thing, I don't think there is any crossover

Sleepwalker

Sorry for bumping with no updates but I’m bizarrely hyped for this despite having no news since the reveal.

Think it’s the nostalgia talking, remembering everyone having a deck in the school playground.

I only play Clash of Clans on my phone but I’ll be downloading this day one and simply logging in daily for the 2 free packs.
Screw you for this bump, I thought there was news.

And yes im hyped for it.

Little Mac

Gold Member
The poor bloke who wrote this probably also predicted the Switch would be DOA.

th4tguy

Still so confused as to what the difference is between this and the existing TCG live game that is on phones

ShakenG

Still so confused as to what the difference is between this and the existing TCG live game that is on phones
Pocket definitely looks more casual friendly. Or thats the vibe im getting. It seems to focus on collecting and trading with battling simplified over the Live version.
Pocket version looks more my style.

SCB3

Pocket definitely looks more casual friendly. Or thats the vibe im getting. It seems to focus on collecting and trading with battling simplified over the Live version.
Pocket version looks more my style.
Pretty much this, the TCG Live is more serious actual rules of the game, can be used as practice for the actual TCG

This is a collectable card game with simple rules and a bigger focus on collecting

Tams

So tried it and it's okay. The usual mtx mess with passes, etc., but seems fair enough.

I forgot that you could run out of cards and lose, which is bullshit when you can never seem to get any damn energy cards in the first place.

It reminded me why I just collected the cards and never played with them.

Edit: And I don't think this will do so well when the game I just played lasted half a fucking hour.

Last edited:

Tams

Power scaling is insane.

The normal game? Yeah but this phone version is like Yu-Gi-Oh speed duels it's been made more casual.

This was the phone version.

I was just waiting for it to be over. I just didn't expect it to be because I ran out of cards.

Sleepwalker

This was the phone version.

I was just waiting for it to be over. I just didn't expect it to be because I ran out of cards.

No, I mean the one you played is the normal game. It's available on phones.

The simplified phone version, which this thread is about, has not released yet.

So in a nutshell, you played the hardcore version on your phone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom