• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Company Achieves $2.1 Billion in Retail Revenue in 2015

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Wasn't Iwata responsible for convincing them to localize the first game? I'm sure Nintendo would still be around and a big company at that, they made Pokemon way bigger if they just stuck to Japan.

Iwata wrote the code for the original games.

Nintendo would still be successful sure but they'd be in a very different position; the House of Mario can only hold the fort so long - same could be said for Disney (with Mickey) without the addition of the Marvel or Star Wars Universe.

...and yet Nintendo won't dedicate any of their E3 showing to the new Pokemon games coming out this year during the 20th anniversary blowout.

w
t
f

There's never a bad time to jump into/back into Pokemon. I went from playing Gen I-III back in the day to skipping right onto Gen VI just recently, and nothing I missed detracted from the experience at all.

Nostalgia aside, it really is as good (if not better) than it's ever been.

This is my experience as well; there really isn't a bad time to get into the series.

EulaCapra

Disney leads by a good $30 billion against second place.

And only the top four earn in the 11 digits. JESUS MARY JOSEPH

Menitta

So glad Pokemon is still big. I'm really surprised they did so well last year. I'd expect that much from this year with Sun and Moon along with Pokken, but last year just had Super Mystery Dungeon.

Oh well. This is only good news.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So glad Pokemon is still big. I'm really surprised they did so well last year. I'd expect that much from this year with Sun and Moon along with Pokken, but last year just had Super Mystery Dungeon.

Oh well. This is only good news.

where is karate gi pikachu from? that's dope

Iwata wrote the code for the original games.

Nintendo would still be successful sure but they'd be in a very different position; the House of Mario can only hold the fort so long - same could be said for Disney (with Mickey) without the addition of the Marvel or Star Wars Universe.
No he didn't, he rewote it for Stadium.

Top Bottom