• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

Is anyone else starting to get the feeling that this big Pokemon game announcement might be all about the Mystery Dungeon game they keep showing?

Lkr

Jel0man said:
Well, even if Pokemon Sunday won't show anything, corocoro is right around the corner.

kaqkn5.png

http://www.corocoro.tv/next/index.html
translate please?

Zilch

Banned
any of those Pokemon Mystery Dungeons worth checking out? I've really only ever been interested in the main series of games.

edit: the 3rd mystery dungeon has been announced for awhile and its japanese release is imminent, which is why they're showing stuff from it.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Taichu said:
Same semi-3D viewpoint like in DP? Does the battle screen look different, faster?
All we saw was the the screenshot we posted. He just walked around in a circle.

Zilch

Banned
Nice. The lack of pokemon visible in the overworld has always bugged me about the main series.

BGBW said:
They improved the speed in Platinum.

The games can still stand to be faster in a number of ways, though.

FSLink

Banned
Taichu said:
Same semi-3D viewpoint like in DP? Does the battle screen look different, faster?
Haven't seen a battle screen or anything, so far, just Gold walking around in New Bark Town.

Rpgmonkey

About time they did that.

Would be awesome if it applies to whoever's your lead pokemon. Would be so badass to have a Lugia following you.

thetechkid

Skittleguy said:
Why is his Pikachu simultaneously uber-powerful against old Pokemon, yet super weak against new Pokemon? Shouldn't it be level 100 by now?

I think after Ash fought the dark masters, Pikachu dedigivolved to Rookie.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
How similar is that to the old town of the same name? Can anyone tell if buildings are in different places or moved slightly or anything?

FSLink

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Makes no sense. They cannot follow you around the whole game. The third evolved forms of each guy is too big.
Haven't tried it yet in Platinum, but can't you get Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon to follow you around in the Acuty Square or whatever?

MGrant

Blu_LED said:
Makes no sense. They cannot follow you around the whole game. The third evolved forms of each guy is too big.

I hope they do this, and keep the scale. Then I can dream of being followed by a 47-foot Wailord on my journeys.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Zilch said:
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/f/ff/NBT.png/IMG]

.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks. Very cool that's it's pretty much identical.

Top Bottom