• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

I always loved how in G/S you could go back and explore the Kanto region afterwards, and it dissapointed me that R/S/E and D/P/Pt didn't do something similar.
It's nice to know they're keeping it for this release, but c'mon guys, release a game where we can explore everywhere already.

Heart Gold Day 1 for sure.

What made G/S/C great for me is how gamefreak didn't forget the characters that made them famous in the first place. They gave you this new expanse of land named johto but still managed to keep fan favorites like Lance, Gary, and even Ash. With the addition of the three legendary birds it seems that Kanto(which admittedly was pretty bare-bones) is getting a handful of new content. BRING IT ON.

KeeperofPhazon said:
What made G/S/C great for me is how gamefreak didn't forget the characters that made them famous in the first place. They gave you this new expanse of land named johto but still managed to keep fan favorites like Lance, Green, and even Red. With the addition of the three legendary birds it seems that Kanto(which admittedly was pretty bare-bones) is getting a handful of new content. BRING IT ON.

Fixed ;d

cvxfreak

Okay, I'm starting to feel as if the remakes are going to suffer from legendary overload. Weren't the birds in Platinum, too?

EzLink

Banned
Why is this thread going but the official one isn't? I don't like having to keep track of 2 threads :(

Anyway, getting ready to finish up training my Smeargle in Platinum so he can catch any pokemon I want in Silver :D Just need to teach him foresight and get him up to 100 (he's at 78 I believe now)

cvxfreak said:
Okay, I'm starting to feel as if the remakes are going to suffer from legendary overload. Weren't the birds in Platinum, too?

I mostly play with friends so we set our own rules. We have some awesome tournaments.

cvxfreak

Ookami-kun said:
Well the birds don't require an event though, it seems.

Ah. It is quite the count, though:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Ho-oh
Lugia
Kyogre (Silver), Groudon (Red)
Rayquaza
Dialga, Palkia or Giratina

Will bet good money Latios and Latias are going to be running around the map too. :D

Sagitario

cvxfreak said:
Ah. It is quite the count, though:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Mewtwo
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Ho-oh
Lugia
Kyogre (Silver), Groudon (Red)
Rayquaza
Dialga, Palkia or Giratina

Will bet good money Latios and Latias are going to be running around the map too. :D

Actually, it's Groudon in Silver and Kyogre in Gold :p ...

I love catching legendary monsters... :D

Q: Something that has always bugged me, why is Gyarados water/flying instead of water/dragon? It can't even learn fly...

OMG Aero

Farore said:
Q: Something that has always bugged me, why is Gyarados water/flying instead of water/dragon? It can't even learn fly...
Maybe because Gyarados would have been overpowered to hell in RBY.

OMG Aero said:
Maybe because Gyarados would have been overpowered to hell in RBY.
If Gyarados would become Water/Dragon, he would be more overused than he is now as he loses his 4X weakness to electric attacks and gain resistances.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I heard Kanto got uber beefed. You can get three different starters from the different generations too, and nearly all legendaries! :O

Top Bottom