• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Gold / Silver for DS announced

Wait, I though we were getting excited in the other thread over the propect of a 3D Wii version of Gold/Silver.

This is just the GB Version with slightly updated DS graphics?

Pass. I still have my Silver cart.

Teknoman

Its going to be awesome. Johto going from 8-bit to DS quality stuff (possibly enhanced Platinum engine), added Hoenn pokemon im sure, Kanto going from GBA quality to the same graphic quality (dont forget music) AND who knows what else.

larvi

130-m.png

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Won't buy if it's using the same Diamond/Pearl/Platinum engine. I've sat through enough slooow battles.

Teknoman

2 Minutes Turkish said:
Wait, I though we were getting excited in the other thread over the propect of a 3D Wii version of Gold/Silver.

Mixed messages. Topic was about DS G/S remakes with a decent amount of added/improved content, and possibly a new Wii game in the vein of Pokemon Stadium.

evilromero said:
Anti-climactic. This game is going to have to move the cosmos for me to care. I mean seriously overhauled graphics.
This is Pokemon. The series hasn't really evolved in graphics and it really never had a huge leap in one.

Gold and Silver is my favorite version. Everything after that is a huge disappointment. There's 2 countries in this one yet every game afterwards doesn't have that.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Teknoman said:
Its going to be awesome. Johto going from 8-bit to DS quality stuff (possibly enhanced Platinum engine), added Hoenn pokemon im sure, Kanto going from GBA quality to the same graphic quality (dont forget music) AND who knows what else.

They better keep the animated sprites from Platinum. >=(

Wii Will Rock U said:
Dude, I already said that in the other thread...JEEZ. :lol

It's Fall/Late 2009 for Japan and Late 2009/Spring 2010 for America.

God that's annoying. The game is already translated from the GBC version...what's the hold up?

Christine

I might actually have to play this, it'll be kind of like picking up where I left off... I haven't seriously played anything after Blue.

2 Minutes Turkish said:

The fuck you talking bout?

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Awesome. But still... Sorry but Platinum>Gold/Silver. Like I said sorry...but that's how I feel.

Teknoman

Door2Dawn said:
I wish they mature this franchise up a bit. I'm fucking 20 years old,I can't be seen playing this shit.

Pokemon isnt anywhere near as popular as it once was. Its just an RPG. Play it and have fun.

Im going with Cyndaquil this time. Already have a great Feraligatr from some Totodile I got back on Diamond.

Yeah, I hope they speed up the battles a bit. I played LG after sitting through Diamond version for the longest time and god what a relief that was.

Teknoman said:
Mixed messages. Topic was about DS G/S remakes with a decent amount of added/improved content, and possibly a new Wii game in the vein of Pokemon Stadium.

Ok, fair enough. My mistake.

I'll just slowly back out of this thread....

Zilch

Banned
TheCardPlayer said:
I doubt that. It's the same damn game with better graphics. :lol

Well, they'll add a lot of new content too. Did you play FireRed or LeafGreen? They aren't just R/B/Y with new graphics.

Teknoman said:
No, but neither was Ru/Sa.

D/P marks the first time (should've been a given since Crystal imo) the initial two versions have featured animations.
I think thats one of the things that turned me off to the series from RS.

kman3000 said:
What's up with you?

I guess I just want Nintendo to use some of that massive pile of money they've made to actually make a NEW damn game, instead of dry humping the cash cow of old franchises over and over again. Pokemon, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, etc.... They are putting out marginal efforts that we as gamers just seem accept.

:(

I liked the first pokemon games, but grew tired of them never truly updating the franchise. I never understand how the same people who give Activision and EA shit for putting out annual versions of their games suddenly piss themselves when Nintendo pushes out the electronic abortions they call games lately. Just seems like nostalgia is creating a rather intense double standard.

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
Zilch said:
Well, they'll add a lot of new content too. Did you play FireRed or LeafGreen? They aren't just R/B/Y with new graphics.
I actually didn't play FireRed or LeafGreen. I do hope there is new content though. But I doubt I'll get as much enjoyment from this than I did from DP/P.

For people wondering the release date, it is a Fall release because they want it to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the original Gold and Silver.

Josh7289 said:
(On the topic of my release date note) How vague. :lol
Well I can't lie and say I know an exact date, I just know the timeframe. I've said that since my first post back in the other thread. :lol

At least people know I wasn't lying now, :lol

Teknoman

TheCardPlayer said:
I doubt that. It's the same damn game with better graphics. :lol

Betcha its going to feel like a brand new game, just like the Klonoa remake (and the Megaman remakes). Lets be honest, Fr/Lg wasnt really that long after the originals, so maybe it didnt have that much of an impact (I liked em, but thats beside the point). But this is..what...10 years later?

Top Bottom