• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet reveal new Pokemon Grafaiai

Draugoth

Gold Member
The Pokemon Company and developer Game Freak have revealed new Pokemon Grafaiai for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet.

Grafaiai
  • Category: Toxic Monkey Pokemon
  • Type: Poison/Normal
  • Height: 2’4″ (0.7 m)
  • Weight: 60 lbs. (27.2 kg)
  • Ability: Unburden / Poison Touch
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet
Grafaiai is a moody Pokemon with a fastidious disposition. It doesn’t form packs, preferring to roam alone, and it is constantly caught up in territorial struggles with other Pokemon. Grafaiai specializes in using its poisonous saliva—which changes color depending on what the Pokemon eats—to attack foes by spitting at them or by slashing at them after coating its claws with the saliva.
Grafaiai is nocturnal and once the sun sets it licks its hands and fingers to cover them in poison and uses them to draw patterns on the trees in its territory. The poisonous saliva it uses to paint paralyzes Bug Pokeon, which are drawn to the saliva’s sweet, fragrant scent.
Pokemon Scarlet and VioletPokemon Scarlet and Violet

Saber

Gold Member
Ugly as fuck. A 40 second video for that lol

Type is something new though.

Last edited:

AetherZX

With the series still spitting out banger designs like this, I will never not be able to laugh at the 'running out of ideas' crowd that pops up every new gen, lmao.

KXVXII9X

I'm guessing no one saw the documentary footage trailer because it was one of the better reveals for a Pokémon yet. The concept and design are closer to the first few gens.

It is just a shame the main games themselves can't really showcase Pokémon all that well. These kinds of Pokémon shine a lot better in something like Pokémon Snap with actual personalities and behaviors.

The Skull

Why is it that gamefreak get a pass when it comes to quality control on games? It seems that any other Nintendo IP for the majority have polished releases. The last however many Pokémon games have looked and ran like turd.

Last edited:

Fbh

Man if your tree textures are this bad maybe don't zoom in on them?

Why is it that ganefreak get a pass when it comes to quality control on games? It seems that any other Nintendo IP for the majority have polished releases. The last however many Pokémon games have looked and ran like turd.
ZmkAyEr.png

Their target audience literally doesn't care. So why should they?

God damn Nintendo, if you have textures in your game from PS3 era, you don't show them off slowly, that's the stupidest thing you could do.
Exactly!! is like they are proud of them. But also, saying from PS3 era is kind of an insult when we have games such as MGS4 or TLOU from the same console. This graphics to me almost look like a PS1 to PS2 transition era.

Jeffery223

Neo Member
I'm guessing no one saw the documentary footage trailer because it was one of the better reveals for a Pokémon yet. The concept and design are closer to the first few gens.

It is just a shame the main games themselves can't really showcase Pokémon all that well. These kinds of Pokémon shine here a lot better in something like Pokémon Snap with actual personalities and behaviors.
Finally, the problem is with the fans: they buy it despite constantly complaining about it. The most recent Pokemon game I played was Ultra Sun, which I never finished because it was as dull as Sun. After being dissatisfied with many of gamefreak's decisions with XY and SM / USUM, I simply stopped purchasing newer games like Let's Go, SwSh, and BDSP. I can't stand the gen1 milking, changes that make the games too easy, or development rushes that give us an incomplete game every year; the franchise no longer deserves my money.

Last edited:

Roufianos

As ugly as this is, it actually turned out to be one of the better designs this gen. A really hideous collection of overdesigned creatures, with many based on inanimate objects.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Finally, the problem is with the fans: they buy it despite constantly complaining about it. The most recent Pokemon game I played was Ultra Sun, which I never finished because it was as dull as Sun. After being dissatisfied with many of gamefreak's decisions with XY and SM / USUM, I simply stopped purchasing newer games like Let's Go, SwSh, and BDSP. I can't stand the gen1 milking, changes that make the games too easy, or development rushes that give us an incomplete game every year; the franchise no longer deserves my money.
TBH, I see youtubers enjoying the hype with new pokemons, those are actual fans, the ones complaining are not mostly the fans, just some casual pokemon players

Top Bottom