• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Pokemon would you want to see added in an NX "Super Pokken"?

I want to see Ditto as a Mokujin type randomized character and Smeargle as a character who's moveset is made up of moves from the rest of the cast.
stvYNpy.png

Don't mess.

Good choices. I like your style.

I have to have my favorites of course: Hypno + Hitmonlee.

Hypno with the hypnosis + dream eater combo, that's a bit hard to pull off because you need to be close, but it's a great move if you pull it off.

Hitmonlee would have some Dhalsim stretchy legs.

Others I'd like:

Hawlucha - Got robbed by Pikachu Libre

Jigglypuff - To see how she'd differ from Smash

Greninja - for same reasons

Sudowoodo - Like the person above mentioned and Sudowoodo is a really good pokemon in Storm Silver.

Miltank - Rollout

Onix/Steelix - Just for a big ass Pokemon to be in.

Volcarona - I just think it's pretty and it was one of my mains in Black 2.

Golurk - Come on, it's a ghost golem.

If there was a super version with 10 more characters, upping the count to 25 pokemon. If it comes out next year:

Gen 2:
Sudowoodo

Heracross

Espeon

Gen 3:
Mawile

Gen 4:
Abomasnow

Gen 5:
Zoroark

Dewott

Gen 6:
Greninja

Hawlucha

Gen 7 rep:
???

Zubz

Banned
I don't just want Hawlucha, I need it.

There's a lot of Pokémon I'd want, but I'd assume an NX version would get roughly 4 characters to balance the CSS. I'd like to see the remaining 3 spots go to Feraligatr, Heracross, and Golurk (But I'd be fine if we got Swampert instead of Feraligatr to complete the Hoenn starter trifecta).

I'm pretty surprised there aren't any playable Eeveelutions. Considering their iconic status there really should be at least one that we can use.

GLACEON USE ICE BEAAAAAAAAAM

So for people suggesting hitmontop and hitmonlee, you realize literally every pokken playable character needs to have some sort of ranged attack in the field phase, right?

More Fighting types. Hawlucha, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee.

Pair Pokemon. Plusle and Minun or Meowstic Male and Female

A ton of Uknown shaped like a human

A Pokemon that uses Toxic and poisons you. Some sort of useless bug or poison Pokemon from the main games.

Crayolan

There is a water type in the game already. That's more than rock, bug, and normal got. A lot of people seem to forget that Suicune is a water type.

I somehow completely missed there were no Rock or Normal types. Guess I was really stuck on there being no bugs.

The lack of complete type representation really hurts when we have 4 fire types.

Type40

I really want to see this game go full crazy (Gengar's final is a great start).

Small Pokemon like Diglet, Oddish, Eggecute, Magikarp and the Unknown. Wether they get their own weight class or special category.
Special environments for flying and water Pokemon.
Silly customizable outfits for the Pokemon themselves.

jnWake

Given the horrible balance between generations now, if they were to add 8 Pokémon I'd put:

Gen I: Alakazam. A faster psychic than Gardevoir, could've cool moves. Besides, Machamp and Gengar are already in...
Gen II: Heracross, Scizor. Two of the coolest bug types in the series IMO and they both have Megas.
Gen III: Ludicolo. Would be funny!
Gen IV: Vespiquen. Idea in the OP is just too good.
Gen V
: Mienshao, Golurk. Mienshao because it looks cool and would be a different Fighting type from Machamp. Golurk because it's awesome.
Gen VI: Diggersby, Greninja. A regional rodent would be interesting! Greninja's awesome and there are no water starters in the roster.

I'm pretty surprised there aren't any playable Eeveelutions. Considering their iconic status there really should be at least one that we can use.

GLACEON USE ICE BEAAAAAAAAAM

considering eevee and 3 of the Eeveelutions are just supports, i dont think the dev team sees them as playable characters

I really want to see this game go full crazy (Gengar's final is a great start).

Small Pokemon like Diglet, Oddish, Eggecute, Magikarp and the Unknown. Wether they get their own weight class or special category.
Special environments for flying and water Pokemon.
Silly customizable outfits for the Pokemon themselves.

once again Diglet and Magikarp already supports and pretty much all the smaller pokemon like those are pretty much just going to be supports

Oh, man, Pokémon has the potential for sooo many cool fighters, it's really hard to go wrong with any of them. My number one request has to go to Scizor:

250px-212Scizor.png

I have tons of others I'd like to see, but I'll just throw in two off-the-wall choices with potential that I don't see mentioned often:

Vanilluxe (new WTF fighter, with a Pet Shop or MODOK style of gameplay)

250px-584Vanilluxe.png

Cofagrigus

250px-563Cofagrigus.png

(Although I really like OP's Vespiquen suggestion...)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
All the costume Pikachus.

Scither or Scizor is all I want. Also, 60 FPS local with one console.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Uh, my favourite Pokemon, Tyrannitar. I mean obviously this fucker should be in the game.

I was thinking him but Garchomp sort of covers that though since he can shoot out a giant sand tornado and everything...

Thing about Pokken is to a Pokemon fan the roster looks kind of shoddy and thrown together, but all the characters rather fill a niche nicely and seem well thought out in terms of representing a different style.

Gartooth

So for people suggesting hitmontop and hitmonlee, you realize literally every pokken playable character needs to have some sort of ranged attack in the field phase, right?

A Pokemon like Machamp was certainly not put in the roster based on his range game when he's known for being a physical attacker.

Just taking Hitmontop as an example, they could make shit up and let him spin cyclones or use Gyro Ball if they want an actual move.

They are not playable. Supports are stupid, and i would rather have them as a real character.

so your gonna tell me that Diglet and Magikarp could be fully fledged fighting game characters cause i dont see that happening like how would they even grab the opponent.

So what? A Pokemon like Machamp was certainly not put in the roster based on his range game when he's known for being a physical attacker.

yes but they don't want have to many of the same character type

ranged attacks are seperate from named, pokemon attacks

Hitmonlee can stretch his legs and become like Dhalsim for ranged moves. They can give Hitmontop rapid spin variations to allow him to get in on his opponent, allow a version of it to parry some projectiles. They can also easily give them moves like charge punches and kicks that shoot out projectiles because they are kicking or punching so hard.

Top Bottom