• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sword/Shield - List of ALL REMOVED Pokemon

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah man I was on /vp/ earlier.
Never been there! I got this from viersechs.

2xtwmKW.jpg

:/

Last edited by a moderator:

theclaw135

Banned
Make no mistake. I would not support a game featuring like a thousand Pokemon. In hindsight, the entire idea from inception was borne of idiocy. Game Freak thought they could expand the number of Pokemon FOREVER. Game development doesn't work that way. There surely must be many unshakable reasons why none of Pokemon's competitors keep every creature.

Nonetheless, Sword/Shield are removing Pokemon without care. Between the poor communication and lousy graphics it's making the developer look worse than they already do.

Codes 208

childhood ruined :(

gee thanks nintendo :[
You should be blaming gamefreak, nintendo simply publishes and markets the games, they have virtually no hand in development.

also some of you are acting like this is gamefreak’s first time cutting corners. The fact they launch special editions of the same game every other year (yellow to r/b, crystal to g/s, emerald to r/s, etc) should tell you what youre getting into. (Not that the series is bad, i love pokemon, but realistically theres plenty of flaws to go around with this new gen. Or that we’ve seen. I still plan on playing it for myself next week, but i know what to expect therfor my expectations are set appropriately.)

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

IzwILYc.jpg

But guys a preview is only a preview it doesn't mean the final game will look like th...oh.
:messenger_poop::messenger_poop::messenger_poop:
What is that? We've seen the battles have actual background, why is it just a void in those pics?

Not only that, but we're 5 days from release. We've hardly seen any substantial new gameplay footage since E3, and review copies aren't being sent out until release day which is something Game Freak never does.

Usually we see a lot more media then this within a week of release for a major flagship franchise. Before S/M launched GF was putting out tons of previews.
If this is true, it's gonna be a disaster and Game Freak knows it. I'm really surprised Nintendo and the Pokemon company are gonna allow this to be released as is and let Game Freak soil their image like this.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
But in this video that i'll post in a spoiler tab has backgrounds in the battles. (Battles at 12:48, 16:50, 30:10 among all the wild battles to)

I believe this came from the stream. (DumpIt)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaqazooloo

I believe this came from the stream. (DumpIt)

Ok just saw the edits.

This is inexcusable in my opinion. Feels like they either really cheaped out or rushed it, they know they're gonna get crapped on for this so they keep people in the dark. Game Freak has also been kind of bad but honestly this is reaching new lows that I thought not possible for a company that works with Nintendo.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ok just saw the edits.

This is inexcusable in my opinion. Feels like they either really cheaped out or rushed it, they know they're gonna get crapped on for this so they keep people in the dark. Game Freak has also been kind of bad but honestly this is reaching new lows that I thought not possible for a company that works with Nintendo.
Team whatever has no background while fighting them I believe. I'm not sure if there are others but at times the backgrounds don't fit the place you are standing on. Also you can't catch higher leveled pokemon without your license...or gym badge despite your own level.

McCheese

Gamefreak need a kick up the ass.

But let's be honest, so long as it prints money, Nintendo will let them continue to coast it.

I'll hold out for the "Broadsword" and "Greatshield" style re-release in 18 months which fixes half this shit, and hopefully has cloud saves and a more complete Pokédex.

What is that? We've seen the battles have actual background, why is it just a void in those pics?

If this is true, it's gonna be a disaster and Game Freak knows it. I'm really surprised Nintendo and the Pokemon company are gonna allow this to be released as is and let Game Freak soil their image like this.

I watched a couple of hours of the streamer with the leaked copy and sometimes there's proper background environments for battles and sometimes there's not. 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ Honestly I'm glad the game is getting leaked to show what an absolute mess the game is. It looks like a middling 6.5-7.0 game at best.

You should be blaming gamefreak, nintendo simply publishes and markets the games, they have virtually no hand in development.

also some of you are acting like this is gamefreak’s first time cutting corners. The fact they launch special editions of the same game every other year (yellow to r/b, crystal to g/s, emerald to r/s, etc) should tell you what youre getting into. (Not that the series is bad, i love pokemon, but realistically theres plenty of flaws to go around with this new gen. Or that we’ve seen. I still plan on playing it for myself next week, but i know what to expect therfor my expectations are set appropriately.)

Gamefreak always got a pass on the misgivings of Pokemon having severe gameplay flaws at times because the core feature of having hundreds of pokemon and being able to transfer them was a really cool feature that no one else really does. Now that it doesn't have that crutch to fall back on anymore people aren't giving them a pass this time.

Couple that with their first mainline entry for the Switch looking significantly worse than other Switch titles and it's a recipe for disaster.

Codes 208

I watched a couple of hours of the streamer with the leaked copy and sometimes there's proper background environments for battles and sometimes there's not. 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ 🤷‍♀️ Honestly I'm glad the game is getting leaked to show what an absolute mess the game is. It looks like a middling 6.5-7.0 game at best.

Gamefreak always got a pass on the misgivings of Pokemon having severe gameplay flaws at times because the core feature of having hundreds of pokemon and being able to transfer them was a really cool feature that no one else really does. Now that it doesn't have that crutch to fall back on anymore people aren't giving them a pass this time.

Couple that with their first mainline entry for the Switch looking significantly worse than other Switch titles and it's a recipe for disaster.
One could argue that sun and moon also had a fair share of issues (like the lack of gyms and the long-ass tutorial) but ultimately it sold and reviewed well as a pokemon game. I think there will be people absolutely livid about these flaws (which there are, this thread and just about any pokemon thread on Gaf proves that) but people as whole will likely look over these flaws and find the game at the very least “not the best entries but still decent.”

i find myself on the part of the spectrum where im sure me and my friends will like it but i seriously doubt it’ll have invike the same feelings that gen 1-5 did.

Since green we have an elite four...

Not everything needs to be static. I completely understand people angry because of the underwhelming graphics, the inability to disable Exp. Share, being unable to catch overleveled pokemon, the amount of culled Pokemon, the lack of combat backgrounds (something LGP/LGE already did and did well) and a plethora of other things - but changing how the Pokemon League works in different regions seems reasonable as long as the alternative is interesting.

I did not enjoy the Kahunas-Captains system in SM, but having an anime-style tournament doesn't sound bad.

KAL2006

Banned
People need to understand

Cut moves and cut Pokémon had to be done so gamefreak can have incredible graphics for this franchise. Oh wait!

Well they can focus on a ton of post game content. Oh wait!

Well atleast the game isn't more expensive than the 3DS games. Oh wait!

So cut Pokémon, cut moves, graphics not improved by much, more expensive, cut routes with only addition of wild area, same crap animations. Well who cares gamefreak will sell a ton of copies regardless so it's a great business decision.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Well who cares gamefreak will sell a ton of copies regardless so it's a great business decision.

I feel like you were being sarcastic, but it's actually just the truth.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Hrmmm, the quality of this one is much better than yesterdays.

I dont want to watch too much because I want to go into the game fresh. I already have spoiled the dex. But I like most of what ive seen besides the battle background fiasco. But man the Resetera nerds are angry

Saber

Gold Member
I dont want to watch too much because I want to go into the game fresh. I already have spoiled the dex. But I like most of what ive seen besides the battle background fiasco. But man the Resetera nerds are angry

Most of them have something wrong with their brains. Same crap with no arguments everyday. I have to count how many times that guy with Eevee avatar(this one even requested a limited self-ban because he is a snowflake who can't even discuss and goes reporting everyone), Serebii and the one with a Mario Tyranossaurus avatar spits shit from their mouths with nothing to back up.

Serebii was a notable one for calling people retard in Resetera and twitter because he disagrees with them.

Saber

Gold Member
They Cleary rushed this just to get them Pokémon bucks and it's hilarious lol.

Hilarious is shit takes like this one:

Even though she is a growass adult playing a "kids game" lol

Be prepared to this game receiving 9~10.

Last edited:

azz0r

Banned
I heard there are live streams of the game, anyone have link to stream or new footage I might have missed?

Saber

Gold Member
I heard there are live streams of the game, anyone have link to stream or new footage I might have missed?

I saw about 2 streams so far. But none of them survive much...they only get to the 2 gym I think.

But you didn't lose much. Those streamers were terrible players, even though they didn't have problem playing the game at all. The game is looking stupidly easy.

RealGassy

Banned
Does anyone already have information how many of the pokemon are obtainable within the Sword/Shielf games themselves?

Without transfers, trading, amiibos or special events (e.g. visiting RL pokecenters or whatever)?

To me the variety of Pokemon catchable within a single game is more important than some theoretical upper limit which could achieved by jumping through bunch of hoops (ie. transfering from old games and old systems spanning multiple generations).

I understand that it's an important feature for hard-core fans, but for somebody who buys a pokemon game every couple generations for that nostalgia hit, the amount of variety I can get within that single game is much more important.

Top Bottom