• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén official site update: 'How to Play' manual, new Support Pokémon

SmithnCo

pokken014.jpg

Nice, hopefully pikucha is in.

Diffense

So what do the L, R, X, Y and B buttons do? I don't see any translations for those in this thread. I gather that A is the special attack button, though.

It was revealed before that B is jump, X and Y are weak and strong attack, L and R block and summon assists. I'm going from memory so I may not be exactly right about which of the pairs of buttons do what but those are the functions.

Lucha Pikachu, the best Pikachu

that is what I thought you meant was wondering if that was a new name

I follow the games but don't play them since I want console pokemon

that Lucha is too badass not to be in
did he not have special moves?

dlc for Wii U version if not in arcades

L Thammy

That controller looks fake as hell. Like a bad movie prop or something. Maybe it's just because it's got nothing in the middle, but it seems abnormally wide - maybe they were trying to make it Gamepad size?

that pic is lewd, what is pika doing with suicune

Suicine has intestinal worms, Dr. Pikachu's gotta go in.

Peltz

Makes me wish we grew up with Smash Bros. cabs with GCN layouts based on Melee. That would've made me an even greater arcade/Melee junky.

Do we know what hardware is in the cab? Is it based on Wii U tech?

Obviously, this console-friendly input scheme gives slightly more credibility to the thought that there will be a Wii U port...

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
That controller looks fake as hell. Like a bad movie prop or something. Maybe it's just because it's got nothing in the middle, but it seems abnormally wide - maybe they were trying to make it Gamepad size?

There will be near-field communication cards for this game, I believe, so the NFC reader probably is in the middle of the controller.

Diffense

The D-pad is perfectly natural for the 2D close-combat viewpoint which is how most of the fighting will take place. I guess that's why they went with it because it's intuitive and likely cheaper.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
God damn that looks cool, more stages with scenery like this please.

And yeah them trainer designs are baaaaaaaaaaaaad. Stock shit anime look, so many designs from the games they could have tried to incorporate instead.
Like?

Neo Dark

Even the Start button looks like the Nintendo logo!

Judging by the graphics it's probably running on Wii U-type hardware as well.
Glad I'm not the only one that thought the start button was the Nintendo logo. These subtle hints... They really should just come out about the Wii U release.

ash_ag

It's a stark contrast from how much I actually like the Pokemon models, I agree it's not that big of a deal it's just something I noticed.

The strange part is that the Pokémon models are as realistic as ever, and yet the trainer designs are especially cartoony. That said, I'm still curious to see them. If the console version has a campaign à la Tekken, maybe they will have some active involvement.

Son Of D

Glad I'm not the only one that thought the start button was the Nintendo logo. These subtle hints... They really should just come out about the Wii U release.

Namco never talks about console releases until the arcade version is out. Same happened for Tekken Tag 2. I think Tekken 6 is the only exception to this.

Recently was watching some videos. Are there any other fight games where battles work like this?

For example, i know there are "arena type fighters" with freedom of movement in space as well as the more traditional "one plane" fighters stablished by Street Fighter 2. But at least in my case this is the first time i 've seen one that transitions between the 2 styles and it seems to work surprisingly well.

The game is an exellent translation on how an interactive fight from the animes would work.

SmithnCo

Recently was watching some videos. Are there any other fight games where battles work like this?

For example, i know there are "arena type fighters" with freedom of movement in space as well as the more traditional "one plane" fighters stablished by Street Fighter 2. But at least in my case this is the first time i 've seen one that transitions between the 2 styles and it seems to work surprisingly well.

The game is an exellent translation on how an interactive fight from the animes would work.

Yeah. I like how it merges the two styles, so if you prefer one over the other, you can either try to hold your opponent back during the "free movement" part or try to get in close and force the 2D perspective.

Top Bottom