• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police conduct 11 min search of vagina, find no drugs

Late Flag

Two things:

1) Like everybody else has said, this is rape.

2) Getting lost in the shuffle of (1), understandably, is that this all took place over a trivial quantity of marijuana possession. So this atrocity can also be chalked up to the war on drugs. I don't want that to take away from the correct outrage regarding the sexual assault that took place, but the war on drugs supplies a pretty constant stream of civil rights violations, albeit usually not as extreme as this one.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Everything about this beyond fucked up situation and the frequency that it happens in this nation and others makes my blood boil. My thoughts & heart is with this victim and many others like her.

Two things:

1) Like everybody else has said, this is rape.

2) Getting lost in the shuffle of (1), understandably, is that this all took place over a trivial quantity of marijuana possession. So this atrocity can also be chalked up to the war on drugs. I don't want that to take away from the correct outrage regarding the sexual assault that took place, but the war on drugs supplies a pretty constant stream of civil rights violations, albeit usually not as extreme as this one.

"probable cause" "I think I smell weed so we're going to detain you and check your vagina against your will"

The cops know that the war on drugs is their tool to abuse people of color, just like they know to say "he was going for my gun, I feared for my life"

though, if it wasn't the war on drugs, the argument is that they would use something else to violate our rights

also, why I'm not all "this is progress" when drugs are decriminalized in some white ass state with less POC as if that actually helps the people who are fucked by drugs laws the most

This might be the most disgusting and infuriating thing I've seen in a while...and that is really hard to top right now with all the shit going in in this fucking country.

Moppeh

Banned
Yo, that's fucking crazy.

When I worked with police officers, cavity searches were rarely needed, and almost always avoided. Only the most high risk and most untrustworthy individuals would be considered for it.

And of course, 11 minutes is ridiculous.

totowhoa

Banned
If this shit keeps happening, vigelante justice against cops is going to start becoming a thing. Courts are ridiculous.

The more you read OP the worse it gets...

No one can intervene or sue?
She's suing civilly. So as always happens, our tax dollars will likely end up subsidizing these crimes, while the perpetrators continue to operate with no consequences. I don't care what your political ideology is, there's a piece to infuriate every person in this country who cares to pay attention.

Peccavi

She's suing civilly. So as always happens, our tax dollars will likely end up subsidizing these crimes, while the perpetrators continue to operate with no consequences. I don't care what your political ideology is, there's a piece to infuriate every person in this country who cares to pay attention.
Even when paying damages becomes a problem, governments will bend their backs to not hold police accountable. When damages for police misconduct became too high for Maryland, rather than, ya know, taking action to get so many bad apples off the street, they just passed a law limiting the amount of money a court could force them to pay out.

I can imagine the desperation was on for this officer to find something, anything, to justify the search. Turning up empty handed after putting a woman through that ordeal must feel really embarrassing/stupid.

Not trying to defend the hideous way this woman was treated btw.

I can imagine the desperation was on for this officer to find something, anything, to justify the search. Turning up empty handed after putting a woman through that ordeal must feel really embarrassing/stupid.

It's a wonder she didn't plant some up there.

ZOONAMI

Nah, I'd wager they did it just for kicks over your obvious post attempting to help defend the police.

Nah, I'd wager they did it just for kicks over your obvious post attempting to help defend the police.
He's not defending the police, he's pointing out that once these cops went down this road, they must have had real desperation to justify their actions. It happens that way a lot, whether lying about traffic violations after the fact to justify "hunch" or driving while black traffic stops, planting evidence, or rearranging crime scenes after the fact.

MaulerX

What the actual fuck? This is state sanctioned rape and nothing will happen to the scum that committed it. Disgusting and infuriating. Those turds deserve to die.

What the actual fuck? This is state sanctioned rape and nothing will happen to the scum that committed it. Disgusting and infuriating. Those turds deserve to die.

That's going a little too far. We need things to change though. It feels so hopeless watching people suffer but can't do anything to change it.

Top Bottom