• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Yeah, I google 'michelle obama visits person of interest' and that story is in all the usual right-wing blogs. Such a desire to hate.

Michelle Obama visited many victims but we don't know who she did or did not visit as they were closed off from the press. A Saudi newspaper reported that the Saudi was visited but that has not been confirmed.

So what if she did visit him? He didn't commit the crime. Is she supposed to avoid him because he is Saudi? And do they really want to smear Obama for being close to Saudis? George Bush was so intertwined with the Saudis that they called one of the Saudis Bandar Bush.
Why should facts get in the way of blind hatred?

GTI Guy

Yeah, I google 'michelle obama visits person of interest' and that story is in all the usual right-wing blogs. Such a desire to hate.

Michelle Obama visited many victims but we don't know who she did or did not visit as they were closed off from the press. A Saudi newspaper reported that the Saudi was visited but that has not been confirmed.

So what if she did visit him? He didn't commit the crime. Is she supposed to avoid him because he is Saudi? And do they really want to smear Obama for being close to Saudis? George Bush was so intertwined with the Saudis that they called one of the Saudis Bandar Bush.

He's a terrurust

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/...ng-deported-on-national-security-grounds.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/czech-ambassador-were-not-chechen-90368.html?hp=l4

The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two separate places, and the Czech ambassador to the U.S. wishes social media users would get that straight in the wake of news that the suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings are Chechen.

“As more information on the origin of the alleged perpetrators is coming to light, I am concerned to note in the social media a most unfortunate misunderstanding in this respect,” said Amb. Petr Gandalovic said in a statement posted on Friday night. “The Czech Republic and Chechnya are two very different entities — the Czech Republic is a Central European country; Chechnya is a part of the Russian Federation.”

On Twitter and elsewhere, some social media users were saying that Tamerlan and Dzhokar Tsarnaev, who were named as suspects in Monday’s bombings, were Czech when in fact the Tsarnaevs are Chechen.

“As the President of the Czech Republic Miloš Zeman noted in his message to President Obama, the Czech Republic is an active and reliable partner of the United States in the fight against terrorism,” the ambassador continued. “We are determined to stand side by side with our allies in this respect, there is no doubt about that.”

God Bless America. Only in this country

This is stupid that they responded. I'm sorry but the czech embassy should be embarrassed they responded to a few idiots on twitter.

I imagine the Czech embassy probably got a lot of calls about this from uninformed Americans and that's why they responded. It says more about the American public than the Czech Republic

I imagine the Czech embassy probably got a lot of calls about this from uninformed Americans and that's why they responded. It says more about the American public than the Czech Republic
I'm gonna guess they didn't and instead saw a buzzfeed article and wanted to be hip. Nobody that would even think to contact and embassy would mix up them.

I really hate this buzzfeed driven let's look up idiots on twitter and show how much smarter we are trend.

I'm gonna guess they didn't and instead saw a buzzfeed article and wanted to be hip. Nobody that would even think to contact and embassy would mix up them.

No, those are exactly the type of people that would call an embassy. It's not like it takes a whole lot of effort to call them, you don't even have to dial the number if you're using a smart phone

Now, you might be right, but I think you misunderstand the population that would call an embassy (and it's similar to those that call Congressional offices)

Claiming you need guns to defend yourself against a hypothetical tyrannical US government is sort of insulting to the US military.

I've never understood why conservatives who profess to love the police and military unconditionally will in the next breath vow to fight anyone to the death who comes for their guns. Who do they think will do that? Sometimes they'll allow that it will be a private army put in place by a librul president. What leftist peacenik is joining this militia?

Well . . . I'm of two minds on this. I'm a supporter of assisted-suicide . . . if people are old and want to go, let them go. But guns seem a crude way to do it.

Ironically, the only reason I own any guns at all is because I inherited them from my wife's grandfather, who killed himself with a handgun (I didn't get that one).

I can be swayed into allowing a brief period without Miranda rights, to try and get information about immediate threats, but at this point he should be treated like any other criminal. That time has passed. I'm definitely dismayed that the public safety exception is apparently still in effect.

I'm fine with whatever happens to criminals prior to their capture. If they participate in a firefight with cops and are killed, so be it. Once they are in custody, nothing untoward should befall them. I hate police retribution; I hate prison "justice" and rape.

And do they really want to smear Obama for being close to Saudis? George Bush was so intertwined with the Saudis that they called one of the Saudis Bandar Bush.

Bush would walk hand-in-hand with Saudi royalty, and kissed them in greeting. Can you imagine the reaction if Obama did that?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/21/o...ma-is-no-bully-in-the-pulpit.html?ref=opinion

The pundit class in this country has lost their mind.

They are now complaining Obama is not acting like fictional presidents

dowd said:
The White House should have created a war room full of charts with the names of pols they had to capture, like they had in “The American President.” Soaring speeches have their place, but this was about blocking and tackling.

Instead of the pit-bull legislative aides in Aaron Sorkin’s movie, Obama has Miguel Rodriguez, an arm-twister so genteel that The Washington Post’s Philip Rucker wrote recently that no one in Congress even knows who he is.

How in the everloving fuck can you write something like that and keep a straight face, or realise that real life isn't a movie?

The funny thing is that if that type of bribe dependent political game was still relevant in the 21st century, she'd be wringing her hands over Obama "wheeling and dealing" and playing the game instead of changing Washington like he promised.

I can just imagine the horror such an event would be for Peggy Noonan, Politico, etc.

So the big Texas explosion...

Its like exhibit 101 of a libertarian fail.

Texas hates zoning because FREEDOM...
....which leads to nursing homes being built next to dangerous industrial areas.

Texas hates big government....
....which leads to a volunteer fire department, next to a dangerous industrial area

Texas hates regulation...
....which leads to the company illegally failing to disclose they were a massive time bomb

Texas wants the few services they pay taxes for to spend as little money as possible...
....which leads school districts to locate in the cheapest possible land to "prevent waste". Cheapest land tends to be found next to dangerous industrial areas.

JtO0Qyq.jpg

Link

The Autumn Wind
So the big Texas explosion...

Its like exhibit 101 of a libertarian fail.

Texas hates zoning because FREEDOM...
....which leads to nursing homes being built next to dangerous industrial areas.

Texas hates big government....
....which leads to a volunteer fire department, next to a dangerous industrial area

Texas hates regulation...
....which leads to the company illegally failing to disclose they were a massive time bomb

Texas wants the few services they pay taxes for to spend as little money as possible...
....which leads school districts to locate in the cheapest possible land to "prevent waste". Cheapest land tends to be found next to dangerous industrial areas.

JtO0Qyq.jpg
Thanks, Obama!

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Oh there are scores of people defending the lack of zoning laws, and comparing it to living next to a gas station or an airport. "There is always a risk."

*sigh

If this had happened when school was in session...

I guess it's just the continuing notion that it's nothing to worry about unless it happens to you.

Rick Perrys America

Remember when everyone said he was a shoo-in for the presidency?

As hilarious as those who say that about Cuomo today.

Perry seemed like the perfect anti-Romney until he opened his mouth and revealed he could barely form sentences. Also, gotta love Cruz demanding federal money to help rebuild West, given his Sandy vote.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Perry seemed like the perfect anti-Romney until he opened his mouth and revealed he could barely form sentences. Also, gotta love Cruz demanding federal money to help rebuild West, given his Sandy vote.
On that note, I was reading this article earlier and came across this gem:

And the media question being asked over and over is how could something like this happen? Sen. Cruz warned it’s a little early to be asking that.

“All of us want to know what happened here: What caused the explosion? What factors made it more likely? I think it would be a mistake to rush to a conclusion before the facts and evidence are assembled.”
The ironing is delicious.

Really? What the fuck is wrong with these people. There is just no sense of comity.

And the media question being asked over and over is how could something like this happen? Sen. Cruz warned it’s a little early to be asking that.

“All of us want to know what happened here: What caused the explosion? What factors made it more likely? I think it would be a mistake to rush to a conclusion before the facts and evidence are assembled.”
Fucking moron. Yeah, like we've never had any experience with this type of event ever . . . something with fertilizer . . . in Texas . . in April . . . never could have foreseen that.

The Texas City disaster of April 16, 1947 is the deadliest industrial accident in U.S. history, and one of the largest non-nuclear explosions.

The 38% ammonium nitrate, used as fertilizer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_City_Disaster

Fuck off you fucking idiot, Cruz.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Common sense. This picture lacks it. How people accepted this is is mind boggling, but at the same time we had a fireworks factory explode here in the Netherlands which was located in the middle of a residential area.

I remember seeing videos of that. Was nuts.

I love how Perry spent years demonizing Obama and shitting on the Federal Government until this explosion happened he's like

"Lol, my bad, can I please have some halp pwease?!"

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I love how Perry spent years demonizing Obama and shitting on the Federal Government until this explosion happened he's like

"Lol, my bad, can I please have some halp pwease?!"

No, but see, it actually happened to him, and he knows that he's not a moocher and he's not inefficient, so its alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom