• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT1| Never mind, Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/DaviSusan/status/281929948258762752

tumblr_m9xy95D61h1qz8x31o1_500.gif

I'm enjoying this too much. Christmas has come early.

Even Jennifer Rubin knows what this means

Unfortunately his caucus has rendered Boehner a nonplayer in any future fiscal negotiation because he can no longer speak for his conference. Perhaps Boehner should quit and let the House GOP stew and watch as the country grabs pitchforks and torches to come after the tax-hikers. This is a party acting like a minority party, or worse, like petulant teenagers.

The world of Heritage Action Network, Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) and the other all-or-nothing hard-liners in the conservative media have encouraged and will delight in this sort of fiasco. That said, the fault lies with the spineless members who think they’ll escape blame if they don’t vote for any measure. That is folly, not to mention political cowardice. To govern is to choose, and they apparently can do neither.

This sort of display suggests Republicans are not capable of governing. What was an argument by Democrats (They are unreasonable! They only care for the rich!) is now a political reality.

Ondore

So when Boehner said that he wanted Reid and Obama to come up with a deal, was I the only one expecting that to contain universal healthcare, the Eisenhower rates on $250k+ and Gitmo closing?

(also, YO MUTHAFUCKA WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Just watched my recording of Hannity. Good lord, how do people watch this shit?

I enjoy Fox News when I'm in a masochistic "feel like getting enraged" sort of mood. But I CANNOT watch Hannity for more than a couple of minutes at a time.

Link

The Autumn Wind
You recorded and watched it. You tell me
I like catching Fox News when stuff like Plan B failing to see how they spin it. I didn't expect him to still be harping on Benghazi and accusing Hilary of faking her concussion, twisting Obama asking the country to come together in the wake of Sandy Hook into him exploiting the tragedy to raise taxes, saying Obama is a failure for not getting a Marine out of a Mexican prison, bringing up Fast & Furious as to why gun control is hypocritical, and accusing atheists as bullies who are pushing their views on others (while bullying a man for being an atheist).

It's mindnumbing.

I enjoy Fox News when I'm in a masochistic "feel like getting enraged" sort of mood. But I CANNOT watch Hannity for more than a couple of minutes at a time.
Yeah, I couldn't do this on any kind of regular basis.

That's because as hard as it is to believe the vast majority of Fox News knows what they say is bullshit and are phoning it in.

Hannity is in the minority of ACTUALLY believing the shit he spews. Which is why he infuriates a lot of liberals.

This move wasn't to make them look good for the standard republican who is going to support them no matter what, it was for everyone else.

They are not wrong. It also will likely cost him his job.

It may cost him his seat as well when all is said and done. The Ohio Legislature gerrymandered him into a district full of Tea Partiers.

They will want blood. Boehner will be primaried.

Its my drug of choice.

That's because as hard as it is to believe the vast majority of Fox News knows what they say is bullshit and are phoning it in.

Hannity is in the minority of ACTUALLY believing the shit he spews. Which is why he infuriates a lot of liberals.

I don't even think he does. I think most of the are characters.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

Yeah, if he is putting on an act, he is the most amazing actor of our time. The guy gets so emotionally charged about everything I couldn't fathom he doesn't believe what he is spouting (though I'm willing to concede he knows he is exaggerating a lot of stuff for effect).

Am pretty sure there is a combination of petty jealousy, fear of change, and mild racism underpinning his position. He is his base.

I like catching Fox News when stuff like Plan B failing to see how they spin it. I didn't expect him to still be harping on Benghazi and accusing Hilary of faking her concussion, twisting Obama asking the country to come together in the wake of Sandy Hook into him exploiting the tragedy to raise taxes, saying Obama is a failure for not getting a Marine out of a Mexican prison, bringing up Fast & Furious as to why gun control is hypocritical, and accusing atheists as bullies who are pushing their views on others (while bullying a man for being an atheist).

It's mindnumbing.

Yeah, I couldn't do this on any kind of regular basis.

ColbertCalledIt.gif

speculawyer said:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who canceled an overseas trip last weekend because of illness, suffered a concussion after fainting due to dehydration, prompting the postponement of her scheduled congressional testimony on the attack on a U.S. mission in Libya, officials said on Saturday.
http://news.yahoo.com/clinton-sustains-concussion-benghazi-testimony-postponed-004216731.html

And let the right-wing conspiracy machine fire up and run wild! How many right-wing pundits do you think will raise this? Or maybe it would be easier to count the ones that don't.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45472450&postcount=19230

The show is pretty unreal. There is just no self-awareness at all. It is coming from a mind-set of "Obama is an evil person that hates America so let us figure out how we can interpret anything they do to match that narrative"

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

The whole week Fox News pundits and guests have been suggesting that she is using the accident as an excuse to avoid testifying while not clarifying she will testify eventually anyway, but throwing in a caveat along the lines of "I'm not calling into question that she actually had an accident".

Or in other words, "I'm not calling her a liar, but she is a liar".

Link

The Autumn Wind
The show is pretty unreal. There is just no self-awareness at all. It is coming from a mind-set of "Obama is an evil person that hates America so let us figure out how we can interpret anything they do to match that narrative"
Exactly, and it's utterly infuriating because you know there are tons of people who watch and believe every word of it (including my own mother).

Talon

It'd be nice if we had nearly as much congressional scrutiny of Abu Ghraib as we did with Benghazi.

Anyways, RE: Price's plan, which is to vote on 5 amendments - each a no vote for the tax brackets, putting the buck on the Senate to decide who to increase taxes of - washing the hands of the House.

Live footage of Reid's reaction: :jnc

I could never be friends with people that deluded. It'd drive me insane.

I've lived in the south. Its normal. Our love of other things (sports, video games, movies) makes up. We actually discuss politics alot though. Its weird.

I had a major crush on this really conservative chick in HS even when I saw her cross wall in her house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom