• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dems took Trump's media survey and not Republicans and now he's mad.

C46MTiDUcAEz9mh.jpg:large

this Canadian Liberal took the survey ... used Trump Tower's Zip Code ... LOL

~Kinggi~

Banned
Why do liberals watch Bill Maher I will never know.

I mean, i have watched him the last 3 years or so and have mostly loved him, not even joking. Im also someone who has some type of empathy disorder and has been having panic attacks and severe depression with the shit happening under trump right now, and im a white straight male. So, what im saying is that there are people completely on board with everything you guys are fighting for that found him to be completely agreeable 99% of the time. Ive only ever had some issues with his Radical Islam rants and the blowbacks.

scary times friend.

~Kinggi~

Banned
He's a smug bastard but segments like this can be cathartic to watch

Republicans say ‘I’m not just gonna stand here and let you run down America,’ well ur standing there now and letting Trump run down America

He fucked up tonight with Milo bigtime.

thanks for the post cause yeah, thats kind my thing with him is he basically delivered cathartic monologues that summed up my feelings perfectly over these difficult times, which is why it hurts bad this shit show is happening with milo. People are quick to dismiss him which i think is a mistake when you see he regularly does segments like that but also he is creating a real problem currently.

Scared, insecure. In any case, it's clear he's been getting a lot of shit. And he's having a town hall meeting next week, with nearly a thousand angry constituents going so far, so that's not going to end well for him either.

Why do liberals watch Bill Maher I will never know.

In the early to mid 2000's, Maher was literally one of the few people on TV who would actually call conservatives and Republican's out on their BS to their face since conservatives straight up wouldn't go on other liberal shows, so you'd put up with his dumb anti-religious stuff, rants about weed and phramacuticals, and the like because it was cathartic as hell. He's also gotten a lot worse about 'PC' and Islam in the past few years and the show itself has generally gone downhill.

In the early to mid 2000's, Maher was literally one of the few people on TV who would actually call conservatives and Republican's out on their BS to their face since conservatives straight up wouldn't go on other liberal shows, so you'd put up with his dumb anti-religious stuff, rants about weed and phramacuticals, and the like because it was cathartic as hell. He's also gotten a lot worse about 'PC' and Islam in the past few years and the show itself has generally gone downhill.

His show was way better on ABC, he's a perfect example about how limitations can actually make your show better.

jonjonaug

Dems took Trump's media survey and not Republicans and now he's mad.

C46MTiDUcAEz9mh.jpg:large

I severely doubt this website actually records results. Its only purpose is to record e-mail addresses for potential donor lists and to further isolate Trump's fanbase from any negative media about him. But hey good job spreading it around by "trolling" it I guess?

Some lefties and Bill Gates have proposed that if capital replaces labor (robot takes someone's job) then that capital should be heavily taxed.

This is the single worst new economic idea I've heard in a long fucking time, holy shit.

It's this weird fucking thing where automation is considered this brand new thing when you can read papers released two weeks ago studying economic conditions in the 1960s where farm workers were replaced with capital. The fact that no firms want to do any automation is why we have no economic growth, massively discouraging any automation just seems awful in conception.

Squire

Banned
Actually what the hell has Pence been doing the last three weeks? I dont recall any statements from him, it's been all Bannon, Miller, Spicer, Conway

Now all of a sudden he's making comments like that?

It's even stranger when you consider Trump will buck at the first opportunity presented to him.

"I don't know"
"I haven't talked to Mike"
"FAKE NEWS"

It'll be some bullshit on Monday.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Actually what the hell has Pence been doing the last three weeks? I dont recall any statements from him, it's been all Bannon, Miller, Spicer, Conway

I'm guessing he's been trying to make sure he's not going to be taken down by whatever the hell is going to eventually kill Trump's presidency.

This is classic Trump campaign. Trump will say something crazy, offensive, etc.

Then someone else will make a sane statement.

People will get confused about what is actually going on. Think Trump is just being Trump and doesn't really mean it.

kirblar

Some lefties and Bill Gates have proposed that if capital replaces labor (robot takes someone's job) then that capital should be heavily taxed.

This is the single worst new economic idea I've heard in a long fucking time, holy shit.

It's this weird fucking thing where automation is considered this brand new thing when you can read papers released two weeks ago studying economic conditions in the 1960s where farm workers were replaced with capital. The fact that no firms want to do any automation is why we have no economic growth, massively discouraging any automation just seems awful in conception.
Yeah the idea is dumb. Capital needs to be taxed more heavily relative to labor, but you don't need to stupidly penalize automation in the process.

Makai

I like the robot idea. Bill Gates' point is automation can be exploited for tax avoidance. Human shouldn't be replaced with Job Bot if he's only viable because he avoids taxes on labor such as payroll tax. Perverse incentive and leads to less revenue. We should replace the human job if it's still cheaper after equalizing tax burdens - free up human labor for tasks that robots are bad at, which there are a lot.

benjipwns

Banned
That show was horrible but I still watched every episode
THE SHOW WAS AMAZING

Larry Charles and David Silverman had a lot to do with it in terms of showrunning, writing staff, etc. Scott Adams was also still pre-Dilburitto induced madness. Amazing cast too.

chadskin

Long New Yorker piece on Flynn: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/michael-flynn-general-chaos

Also reveals what Flynn was paid to attend the dinner with Putin:
In early November, 2015, a D.C.-based representative of RT contacted Flynn’s speakers’ bureau and invited him to Moscow for the channel’s tenth-anniversary celebration. The fee was approximately forty thousand dollars, according to a source familiar with the arrangement.

Chase17

Has he been calling Mar a lago the southern white house for a while and I've been missing it.

Curious to watch his rally tonight, but I know it's just going to put me in a terrible mood...

Dany

Banned
Has he been calling Mar a lago the southern white house for a while and I've been missing it.

Curious to watch his rally tonight, but I know it's just going to put me in a terrible mood...
I think it's the first time. Either way he can go fuck himself.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's the first time. Either way he can go fuck himself.
He's been calling mar a lago the winter White House for a while.

It's really a theater, where his patrons can pay 200k a year for a chance to see a tv performer pretend to be president and handle international crisis at dinner. So exciting!

Chichikov

Yeah we're rapidly approaching the point where "labor" as we think of it in terms of production no longer exists.
Maybe we do, but that doesn't have a whole lot to do with the fact that robots are generally considered capital.
They're really no different than machinery or factories, in fact, the only reason why they worth calling out specifically in that context is the fact that we have payroll taxes, but payroll taxes are fucking stupid anyway.

I still say this rally won't happen. Trump is too afraid to go in front of people.

Hasn't that been Pence's role for awhile? He is quiet for long stretches of time. Resurfaces to reassure people that everything is okay and that they are not that crazy. Then Trump and the rest of the crew end up contradicting him shortly after. Wasn't Pence talking to the media last week saying Flynn didn't discuss sanctions with Russia? Which is also why they ran with the excuse that Flynn resigned for lying to Pence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom