• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
MARK HALPERIN just layed out in clear terms why this is a bombshell. If it was just an innocent conversation in the context of him being a senator there would have been zero reason not to disclose it. There's clearly a bigger thing at play.

McCarthy now saying Sessions should recuse himself.

Exactly

He can't go back now and say "oh no, this was just me being a senator" because it's still perjury. It doesn't matter if it was part of his job or not. He was asked about it, and gave a clear, non-vague terms that he had never done it.

This entire thing could have been avoided by just answering "I may have met with ambassadors from time to time as part of my Senate duties" and he'd be in the clear. But nope, he outright said "no"

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
CruzSad1.png

Guys, "nothingburger" is done, we can't use that anymore.
Cruz continues to ruin the simple pleasures in life:

soup
Mr. Burns impressions
Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham
gun bacon
nothingburger

:(

Blader

Rob Portman also calling for Sessions to recuse himself.

Its literally why he's not the Speaker right now. McCarthy will say whatever pops into his mind in front of the cameras. Its amazing.

Wasn't there also a rumor that McCarthy had had an affair that the HFC threatened to pull out if he didn't drop out of the race?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
But Trump can distract away from his humiliation via Sessions to being humiliated in the courts.

Unfortunately I'm not entirely convinced this will happen again. They'll likely have excised the worst parts of this thing to the point that it may well stand in court.

Blader

I can't wait to see more Kate McKinnon as Sessions-Gollum on SNL because of this.

The last few months have been the most excited I've been to watch SNL in my life. The show has a "I *have* to see this, and see it live" feeling that it's never had for me before.

Teggy

LOL North Korea

A North Korean envoy rejected a Malaysian autopsy finding that VX nerve agent killed Kim Jong Nam, saying Thursday the man probably died of a heart attack because he suffered from heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. Malaysia dismissed the claim.

The death of Kim, the estranged half brother of North Korea's ruler, has unleashed a diplomatic battle between Malaysia and North Korea. The autopsy is especially sensitive because North Korea had asked Malaysia not to perform one, but authorities carried it out anyway, saying they were following the law.

studyguy

From that speech, it seems like GOP is setting the line at recusal at the very minimum. Even if he walks away from this, there's at least that victory.

sazzy

I think Donald hasn't been tweeting about this because he's out visiting the military base.

Expect him to throw a tantrum once he watches TV and gets his phone back today.

From that speech, it seems like GOP is setting the line at recusal at the very minimum. Even if he walks away from this, there's at least that victory.

It's the victory. Sessions is a racist, human trash, etc etc...but he's not the target here. Trump is. The president is the most powerful piece on the board, he's the guy who can pardon everybody. If he goes down the ship goes down. Sessions recusing himself from future investigations is huge. Trump is naked now.

What the fuck was Paul Ryan talking about when he kept saying "we don't have the law" about a special prosecutor.

There was a specific law dealing with special prosecutors that was allowed to expire, a little bit after all the Bill Clinton stuff. I believe it was allowed to expire because Congress didn't like what Ken Starr was able to do. I heard this on MSNBC, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

The lack of a law does not preclude a special prosecutor being appointed, of course.

studyguy

Magnus

I don't frequent this thread, but had to pop in and ask: have you all seen Spicer's tweet yesterday which cites a CNN poll as a reference? The goddamn hypocrisy of it all, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom