• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned

“Both sides need to look in the mirror,” said Nina Turner, a former Ohio state senator who campaigned for Mr. Sanders and is working on a new think tank started by the senator’s wife. “We have to decide what kind of language we are going to use in our political discourse.”

The issue here is that, in a normal society, Republicans would've pushed-back against Trump's hateful speech, his toxic masculinity, his subtle incitements to violence.

But, of course, all of that was shown to be in Trump's character during the campaign, and Republicans now just don't give shit. And it's kind of hard to say "both sides need to look in the mirror", when one side has consistently refused to look at itself in the mirror or women and minorities in the eyes.

I don't think even a Republican voter shooter killing Hillary would have any bounce-back on the GOP, even after Trump's 2nd Amendment comment last year.

royalan

The issue here is that, in a normal society, Republicans would've pushed-back against Trump's hateful speech, his toxic masculinity, his subtle incitements to violence.

But, of course, all of that was shown to be in Trump's character during the campaign, and Republicans now just don't give shit. And it's kind of hard to say "both sides need to look in the mirror", when one side has consistently refused to look at itself in the mirror or women and minorities in the eyes.

I don't think even a Republican voter shooter killing Hillary would have any bounce-back on the GOP, even after Trump's 2nd Amendment comment last year.

Ummm, hold the prepaid phone.

Remember the Nevada caucuses? And Bernie's absolute refusal to condemn the violence his supporters were committing?

Bernie may not have used language as explicit as Trump, but he is JUST as guilty of painting the other side as "The Enemy" and not managing the tone of his campaign.

This is one area where "both sides" absolutely fits.

Remember the Nevada caucuses? And Bernie's absolute refusal to condemn the violence his supporters were committing?

Bernie may not have used language as explicit as Trump, but he is JUST as guilty of painting the other side as "The Enemy" and not managing the tone of his campaign.

Lol wait, do you actually dislike Bernie Sanders so much that you're implying he is just as guilty as Trump in instigating violence? Because that's kind of ridiculous. Bernie Sanders isn't to blame here.

royalan

Lol wait, do you actually dislike Bernie Sanders so much that you're implying he is just as guilty as Trump in instigating violence? Because that's kind of ridiculous. Bernie Sanders isn't to blame here.

Didn't say he was to blame. Said he didn't manage the tone of his campaign, which is absolutely true.

I seriously don't think this news is gonna last long.

Trump White House is such a constant shitshow that I think this shooting will be drowned out within days.
Not to be crass but I think if Scalise's situation goes south this will probably stay in the public discourse for a while.

kess

PoliGAF 2017 |OT| The Truth is Out There

bernie-sanders-bird-fidel-castro2.jpg

Clearly, birds.

Pixieking

Banned

I'm not saying both sides haven't gone a step too far, I'm saying that the GOP should undoubtedly be the ones to take a look in the mirror first, but they never will - not first, not second, not ever. And the sentence I quoted seems like it's the usual thing some on the Left do - showing an eagerness to turn inwards and rationalise both sides, when the Right never would.

But maybe I'm wrong. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom