• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The bit about Loretta Lynch asking Comey to frame the investigation in political terms helped me understand why he put on such a spectacle after the investigation concluded.

No evidence they are linked yet, but it makes so much sense seeing the pieces now.

It bothered me he would display such a lack of professionalism and lack of decorum during that speech. But now, I can at least see a valid reason why he would have been pissed off, and did the opposite of what was asked of him.

It's fucked up and amusing that Loretta Lynch may have cost Clinton the election.

Apparently Scalise is in critical condition and his organs are damaged. Hospital statement says "severe bleeding." Hoping he pulls through.
Whaaaaaaa... that doesn't sound like "going to be fine" to me! Dammit Trump! We can only assume the Russians got to the hospital before he was stable, or had an agent in on the surgery.
I'm 100% kidding.
He's going from bad to worse. Not a good sign.
That press statement cursed him while still on the operating table, apparently.

benjipwns

Banned
Requires further surgeries
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise remains in critical condition in MedStar Washington Hospital Center and will "require additional operations," the hospital said in a statement Wednesday night.

"Congressman Steve Scalise sustained a single rifle shot to the left hip," a statement from the hospital read. "The bullet travelled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding. He was transported in shock to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, a Level I Trauma Center. He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. He has received multiple units of blood transfusion."
That is a bad place to get shot at the wrong angle.

Sigh. Why'd my extended family have to appear on social media tonight? "Yes, I hate every single Republican who voted for the ACHA and wish a curse upon their families for 7 generations and for Jesus to take away their Medicare in heaven, but that doesn't mean I want to see them gunned down at baseball practice" isn't that hard to understand, is it?
Requires further surgeries

That is a bad place to get shot at the wrong angle.
Eew. Yeah. When someone's "shot in the hip" the instant assumption is the bone or tissue, which is otherwise a perfect spot to get hit, if you just had to take a bullet. Though the shoulder is supposedly the least awful. Forgot we're dealing with more than pistol rounds, too. I'm thinking absolutely every person who heard "shot in the hip" at some point during the day assumed it wasn't a big deal, and that's how him being fine spread.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hilarious scenario I envisioned.

Trump pardons self for crime.

Pardoning requires an admission of crime.

Court voids pardon.

Stay tuned for next week's episode.

There is a provision that you can't pardon in cases of impeachment that has never really been tested, so it stands to reason that a sitting president cannot pardon someone in the event they committed an impeachable offense.

Also, as a tangent, I don't think it has even been tested if you can only impeach a sitting political officer. If you go by the wording, you could impeach someone who has already stepped down or before they even step up, and disqualify them from being able to hold office.

WH official on hospital visit: "President Trump did not meet with Scalise and did not go into the room where Scalise is being treated."

https://twitter.com/acosta/status/875167045415043072

What did he do then?

Shook hands with the family, gave them condolences and hugged them I assume. I mean to be perfectly fair, Scalise is currently in the ICU so they probably aren't allowing visitors in the actual room while life-or-death surgery is going on.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Shook hands with the family, gave them condolences and hugged them I assume. I mean to be perfectly fair, Scalise is currently in the ICU so they probably aren't allowing visitors in the actual room while life-or-death surgery is going on.

Makes. Been out of the loop on everything just found about Muller 5 minutes ago.

benjipwns

Banned
I'm thinking absolutely every person who heard "shot in the hip" at some point during the day assumed it wasn't a big deal, and that's how him being fine spread.
That was also before he went in for surgery, so they may not have known how bad it was until they actually got a look at it.

To the earlier discussion of what counts as rural, I'm on well water and I push mow my lawn every two weeks.

But I think everyone here would count Mississippi as rural without my evidence lol.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ari Melber just said that Rosenstein may need to recuse himself from overseeing the investigation because he would be a witness to Comey's firing. That's huge.

Got

Banned
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/875177775518404609

Screen_Shot_2017-06-14_at_7.41.00_PM.png

Murphy's resolution to stop the Saudi arms sales went down 47-53 yesterday.

The Senate on Tuesday narrowly rejected an effort to block part of President Trump’s $110 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia.

Senators voted 47-53 on advancing the resolution, falling short of the simple majority needed to move forward. GOP Sens. Mike Lee (Utah), Rand Paul (Ky.) Todd Young (Ind.) and Dean Heller (Nev.) voted with most Democrats to advance it.

Democratic Sens. Joe Donnelly (Ind.), Claire McCaskill (Mo.), Bill Nelson (Fla.), Joe Manchin (W.Va.) and Mark Warner (Va.) voted against moving the measure.
Good thing Democrats from red states will always side with us when it matters.

benjipwns

Banned
Murphy's resolution to stop the Saudi arms sales went down 47-53 yesterday.

Good thing Democrats from red states will always side with us when it matters.
who is this Todd Young guy...
In 2013 the National Journal gave Young an overall composite rating of 69% conservative and 31% liberal, an economic rating of 69% conservative and 30% liberal, a social rating of 57% conservative and 42% liberal
During the 113th Congress, the Human Rights Campaign, which rates politicians' support for LGBT issues, rated Young 30%, indicating a mixed record.
Rated 69% by the NAPO, indicating a moderate stance on police issues.
Voted YES on reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act.
Exempt industrial hemp from marijuana laws.
wait...and he's a Republican...I...

$110M per year to teach abstinence in public schools.
oh thank god

Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps.
Opposes a pathway to citizenship.
Voted NO on removing US armed forces from Afghanistan.
whew i thought things were going crazy for a second

kirblar

This resolution would've passed if four of the five Democrats had voted for it.

Unless dead Yemeni children are what fall into the "not mattering" category.
If they don't buy weapons from us, they'll buy them from somebody else.

And one of those potential somebody elses is someone who we are trying to cripple with sanctions.

There is no good option here. Only shitty and not as shitty.

And one of those potential somebody elses is someone who we are trying to cripple with sanctions.

So it is the dead Yemeni children that don't matter, then. Good to see they're a worthy sacrifice on the altar of US hegemony.

Suikoguy

This resolution would've passed if four of the five Democrats had voted for it.

Unless dead Yemeni children are what fall into the "not mattering" category.

You do realize they were not voting on the bill, but whether to move forward with the bill?
And would have, presumably, required 60 votes to pass?

Here, just use this:
US_Department_of_Justice_Organizational_Chart.png

Just assign it to the ATF.

That's not helping :p
Since they are apparently co-equal according to the wiki article and that chart.

benjipwns

Banned

Uh, there's not sending taxpayer money to a terrorist state. It's not even the whole thing:
The senators want to block the proposed sale of equipment and weapons systems used by the Royal Saudi Air Force, according to their motion. Murphy previously told reporters that it would account for roughly $500 million of the entire $110 billion sale.

You do realize they were not voting on the bill, but whether to move forward with the bill?
And would have, presumably, required 60 votes to pass?

That's not helping :p
Since they are apparently co-equal according to the wiki article and that chart.
The reporting I've seen said it would be Brand as the Associate Attorney General is next on the list in succession for Attorney General (https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...ng-order-succession-within-department-justice).

benjipwns

Banned
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/us/politics/bernie-sanders-supporters.html
WASHINGTON — The most ardent supporters of Senator Bernie Sanders have long been outspoken about their anger toward Republicans — and in some cases toward Democrats. Their idol, the senator from Vermont, has called President Trump a “demagogue” and said recently that he was “perhaps the worst and most dangerous president in the history of our country.”

Now, in Mr. Sanders’s world, his fans have something concrete to grapple with: James T. Hodgkinson, a former volunteer for Mr. Sanders’s presidential campaign, is suspected of opening fire on Republican lawmakers practicing baseball in Alexandria, Va.

That shooting on Wednesday, which wounded four people, may prove to be an unexpected test for a movement born out of Mr. Sanders’s left-wing, populist politics and a moment for liberals to figure out how to balance anger at Mr. Trump with inciting violence.

“Both sides need to look in the mirror,” said Nina Turner, a former Ohio state senator who campaigned for Mr. Sanders and is working on a new think tank started by the senator’s wife. “We have to decide what kind of language we are going to use in our political discourse.”
RoseAnn DeMoro, the executive director of National Nurses United, a union that campaigned heavily for Mr. Sanders and continues to work with him, said some were hoping to discredit Mr. Sanders to slow down the continuing success of his brand of politics. She called it a “boldface lie” to connect the shooting to Mr. Sanders’s push for opposing Mr. Trump’s proposals.

“He’s the most popular politician in America,” Ms. DeMoro said of Mr. Sanders. “That doesn’t sit well with establishment Democrats or Republicans. They are trying to delegitimize and discredit anyone who is speaking out for a better society. That’s what’s happening.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom