• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of PRESIDENT OBAMA's First 100 Out of the Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
NintendoTogepi said:
So, is there any possibility a President Palin could actually be any good? What if she narrowly won over Obama in 2012, and surprised the nation by being a fantastic Prez?

I know, this is like asking "Is there any possibility the sun is actually cold?" but I'm curious what you guys think. :lol
Scale your avatar to the correct size and I will tell you what I think.

NintendoTogepi said:
So, is there any possibility a President Palin could actually be any good? What if she narrowly won over Obama in 2012, and surprised the nation by being a fantastic Prez?

I know, this is like asking "Is there any possibility the sun is actually cold?" but I'm curious what you guys think. :lol

Ehhh....I don't think we want to play that game anymore (i.e. elect a moron and ask how much could they possibly fuck things up).

Tamanon

Banned
She's a female W. No chance, would be completely controlled by the advisors, and from what her support has been, that'd be the same slop that controlled Bush.

NintendoTogepi said:

absolutely. having five kids alone shows that she can stay on top of things. and all that executive experience. she does all those ... executive things.

no, in all serious we'd be fucked. but i have to admit there's a chance she could, in time, come to be a somewhat plausible president. she's still young. but as of 2008 she was nowhere near ready for the job - and it's an insult to america's intelligence that the GOP was arguing otherwise

Tamanon said:
She's a female W. No chance, would be completely controlled by the advisors, and from what her support has been, that'd be the same slop that controlled Bush.
I think she is actually worse than W.

W. actually knew his role and played dumb and just let his friends ass rape the system for their business betterment for retirement

watch Chenney and Bush's dealings carefully now that they are private citizens

Rasputin

Banned
Fox318 said:
%7b5624cb1b-0d8e-4be6-9a4c-1cba467e24e1%7d.gif

The pill bottles tumbling away is a nice touch. Limbaugh has looked high as hell in every recent interview I've seen him. I'm not sure it was necessary to get the point across though. Political bias is one thing, but a political cartoonists personal bias shouldn't be so obvious.

Oh and NO to Palin in 2012. I don't think anybody the repubs have stands a chance in 2012 so I would much rather see her run in 2016. Unless she actually wins. W was bad enough, Palin would be completely unacceptable and I would find someway out of this country.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NintendoTogepi said:

I honestly think we're at a point in history where NO president will be considered successful by the opposing side until at least 25 years after he/she leaves.

I have no faith that many republicans will call Obama's presidency a success when he leaves--even if he turns the economy around. They'll make up some crap about Bush's tax cuts solving the problem (kind of like they do by crediting Reagan for the economic boom during Clinton's presidency).

Don't think the democrats would be any different with a republican president, either. They just spent the last 8 years slamming Bush on every last little thing.

the GOP would hedge their bets on Jindal before they would Palin

but if obama does a good job then they might dispatch Palin in 2012 seeing as to how she's a lost cause, so who cares if she has some mondale-like defeat

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Tyrone Slothrop said:
the GOP would hedge their bets on Jindal before they would Palin

but if obama does a good job then they might dispatch Palin in 2012 seeing as to how she's a lost cause, so who cares if she has some mondale-like defeat

Jindal repeatedly states he doesn't want to run for president.

Banned
Diablos said:
Okay GO AWAY SARAH PALIN MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE

Seriously what is she trying to prove? "If Barack fucks up, you can count on me!" Get the fuck out of here.
And no democrats would say this if John McCain won.

She isn't doing anything wrong, so whatever

Plinko said:
Jindal repeatedly states he doesn't want to run for president.

kind of like how obama repeatedly stated that?

that's just poli-speak for "no comment." he did however turn down the VP spot on mccain's ticket, but that's probably because he was smart and knew the chances of a republican ticket winning in 2008

This Blago interview with Rachel Maddow is comedy gold. I want this guy to run for some office again some day just because it would too awesome.

Tamanon said:

I actually don't think she would be controlled by the advisors like Bush.

She would tell them all to **** off...including the ones that might actually be useful, thus resulting in a catastrophic presidency where she makes all of the decisions, but has no idea what she is doing.

Tyrone Slothrop said:
absolutely. having five kids alone shows that she can stay on top of things. and all that executive experience. she does all those ... executive things.

no, in all serious we'd be fucked. but i have to admit there's a chance she could, in time, come to be a somewhat plausible president. she's still young. but as of 2008 she was nowhere near ready for the job - and it's an insult to america's intelligence that the GOP was arguing otherwise

I kind of agree that she might have had a shot if she wasn't thrown out so soon. I think she's damaged goods now though (remember Quayle briefly took a shot at the presidency in 2000...). I can't help but think Obama would have been similarly burned if Kerry had picked him as his running mate in 2004.

Really, she has nothing to offer. What the GOP needs to take away from her (and Obama) is that for better or worse, being telegenic matters, especially in this day and age. Not saying that's the beginning and end of things of course, but being able to read a teleprompter and looking hot/cool as fuck next to your opponent shouldn't be underestimated.

Republicans would probably be better off running a Fox News anchor (couldn't name one, but give me a few head shots and I could pick one out) rather than Palin.

Gaborn said:
Here Pro-tip: If a mod catches your current avatar you're gonna get a NEW placeholder you can't change.

Okay, I'll change it.

FitzOfRage said:
Republicans would probably be better off running a Fox News anchor (couldn't name one, but give me a few head shots and I could pick one out) rather than Palin.

Mke Huckabee is a Fox News anchor, so yes, you're correct. :D

FitzOfRage said:
Really, she has nothing to offer. What the GOP needs to take away from her (and Obama) is that for better or worse, being telegenic matters, especially in this day and age. Not saying that's the beginning and end of things of course, but being able to read a teleprompter and looking hot/cool as fuck next to your opponent shouldn't be underestimated.

yeah with the youtube generation presidential elections are going to be a lot more aesthetically scrutinized. i hear the RNC has already hired about three image consulting firms to reinvigorate their image or whatever, so i guess they're keen on all that

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Rasputin said:
Political bias is one thing, but a political cartoonists personal bias shouldn't be so obvious.
wat

Clevinger

Clevinger said:
Why do I so often see conservatives call him Barry?

:lol oh come on

what? it's the second time since like yesterday of reading this thread where he's called him Barry, and I notice it on conservative blogs and message boards all the time

i'm just wondering why

Clevinger said:
what? it's the second time since like yesterday of reading this thread where he's called him Barry, and I notice it on conservative blogs and message boards all the time

i'm just wondering why

because 'barry' sounds dopey. kind of like how we called bush "dubya"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Clevinger said:

i'm just wondering why
It's like how some of them like to call Clinton "Bubba."

Banned
Clevinger said:

i'm just wondering why
why not? It's just a name and i don't see how it's any more rude than the jokes made about Bush

Clevinger said:

i'm just wondering why
Mocking form of endearment, I'd assume.

Rasputin

Banned
Tamanon said:
I don't think Rasputin understands what editorial cartoons are.

Tell me why you think pill bottles are necessary to get the point across? Did you see any near him when Rush said that? I thought he looked high but someone could also say his weight gain looks like the kind of weight put on by ex-addicts. It adds nothing to the cartoons message and makes the cartoonist look petty with a personal dislike for Limbaugh.

Maybe political cartoonist should have had lines of coke on the desk in the oval office when they criticized Bush. Maybe they should for Obama as well.

Rasputin said:
Tell me why you think pill bottles are necessary to get the point across? Did you see any near him when Rush said that? I thought he looked high but someone could also say his weight gain looks like the kind of weight put on by ex-addicts. It adds nothing to the cartoons message and makes the cartoonist look petty with a personal dislike for Limbaugh.

Maybe political cartoonist should have had lines of coke on the desk in the oval office when they criticized Bush. Maybe they should for Obama as well.

You do know Rush Limbaugh had a pill problem, right? I assume you don't.

And if you do, well, then:

Tamanon said:
I don't think Rasputin understands what editorial cartoons are.

Rasputin

Banned
NintendoTogepi said:
You do know Rush Limbaugh had a pill problem, right? I assume you don't.

You do know that George W. Bush was a cocaine user right? You do know that Barack Obama was a cocaine user right?

Banned
Rasputin said:
I gotta admit, i would respect any cartoonist with the balls to run with that cartoon in any national newspaper in today's political climate.

Rasputin said:
You do know that George W. Bush was a cocaine user right? You do know that Barack Obama was a cocaine user right?
And which of those two passed judgment on others because of their prior uses?

Limbaugh shits up a storm if a liberal talks about legalizing weed while he sends his maid out to score him some scrips.

Bush and Bams haven't passed judgment on others. Limbaugh is a whiny little hypocritical fuckhead. And by extension so are those that listen to him.

Rasputin

Banned
Thunder Monkey said:
Limbaugh shits up a storm if a liberal talks about legalizing weed while he sends his maid out to score him some scrips.

Bush and Bams haven't passed judgment on others. Limbaugh is a whiny little hypocritical fuckhead. And by extension so are those that listen to him.

Good, we agree on that. It's always nice to find things you agree with people on. I just don't see where it was at all necessary in the cartoon. It's petty and detracts from a very good political cartoon IMO. I guess we will just have to disagree on that

Rasputin said:
Good, we agree on that. It's always nice to find things you agree with people on. I just don't see where it was at all necessary in the cartoon. It's petty and detracts from a very good political cartoon IMO. I guess we will just have to disagree on that
I guess so.

Because making fun of hypocrites is some of my greatest fun in a day.

And to be honest... anyone willing to discredit anything said by Limbaugh... or anyone that wants to mock him is a friend in my book!

I really don't like that loud mouthed piece of shit.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Clevinger said:
Why do I so often see conservatives call him Barry?

Conservatives don't like ppl with foreign unamerican names. Barack is just too weird, it's unacceptable. Also apparently he was also called Barry as a nickname when he was younger, and I heard Rush call him that on the radio - who secretly has a huge fucking crush on Obama since he talks about him every fucking day, prolly nutting in his office all sweaty getting worked up over his manfatuation Barry.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Thunder Monkey said:
And which of those two passed judgment on others because of their prior uses?

I speculate that half of the reason people listen to and support him is because they like the hate and negativity. Whether it reflects on their own shitty lives, their frustrating jobs, or problem-ridden relationships, I imagine that they enjoy taking out their frustrations on all the problems that everyone else causes except for conservatives. There is like some sort of psychological bend that they are all getting off to or something without realizing it. Rush is just a loud mouth for the ignorant and hateful masses, because he's one of them, but just with like... A LOT of fucking money. Honestly, how does that guy even relate to half of the po-dunk "pro-American" callers as he sits atop his mansion on a hill over looking everything, while criticizing anything that wouldn't help him get richer.

Tamanon

Banned
Rush is good at giving his listeners an enemy to blame for all their troubles. It's actually pretty funny for how much of his kvetching is about "identity politics"

i find limbaugh a perplexing figure. all he really does is bitch about liberals and not really have much if any of his own input. why does he get 33 mil a year to do that shit. at least sean hannity kind of goes of on diatribes about what it means to have "american values," as much of a crock as it is. all rush does is hate.

i guess he's the quintessential reagan revolution figure. sticking to something that happened 20 years ago and not letting go despite a changed world.

Fox318

Tyrone Slothrop said:
i find limbaugh a perplexing figure. all he really does is bitch about liberals and not really have much if any of his own input. why does he get 33 mil a year to do that shit. at least sean hannity kind of goes of on diatribes about what it means to have "american values," as much of a crock as it is. all rush does is hate.

i guess he's the quintessential reagan revolution figure. sticking to something that happened 20 years ago and not letting go despite a changed world.
Love him or hate him the man revitalized talk radio. Leo Laporte wouldn't be on had it not been for him.

also here's some Conservative cartoons( 1st on is by Eric Allie( who I think is a dick))

%7b08da1400-23c2-4353-940f-99ae05634305%7d.gif

I swear every fucking comic he draws Obama to look like he has a pole up his ass.

%7bc311994c-e4ba-4fe2-9cff-627e35749afb%7d.gif

also

%7bb4059c51-736a-4444-a039-0390f8543125%7d.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom