• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: How Dark Souls II will make life even harder

Deadstar

So you guys are going to jump into the pc version? I still am not sure if I'm going pc or ps3. I want to go pc for the graphics but I don't want hackers/cheaters totally ruining the experience. I wonder if they will have any type of security since the game will use dedicated servers. I assume it would be easier for them to ban cheaters.

params7

Banned
This article hyped me up so much, I never really doubted From and they've earned my trust even more now.

If PS4 version doesn't get announced by Jan-end, I'm reserving a Ps3 collector's version.

Santiako

So you guys are going to jump into the pc version? I still am not sure if I'm going pc or ps3. I want to go pc for the graphics but I don't want hackers/cheaters totally ruining the experience. I wonder if they will have any type of security since the game will use dedicated servers. I assume it would be easier for them to ban cheaters.
I'm going ps3 first and PC as soon as I build a new pc or buy a steam machine (summer probably).

Nyoro SF

I just wish they would confirm VAC or something.

Daante

Going PC.

Hope this game sells 10 million copies across all platform, showing the whole industry that hard and challenging games are here to stay.

Well, its nice to dream sometimes.

I'm excited. I hated humanity and the stat stacking you could do with it(ie queelags fury sword among of items). I say bring back the DeS hollow life penalty and stone of ephemeral eye.

Deadstar

I'm excited. I hated humanity and the stat stacking you could do with it(ie queelags fury sword among of items). I say bring back the DeS hollow life penalty and stone of ephemeral eye.

I agree with this. In Dark Souls there was really no penalty from being hollow. I much prefer how Demon's Souls did it.

Soodanim

Gold Member
PS3 first because the community will be about 10x as large as the PC.
Will get PC when it's cheap on Steam.
That's a good point, but the resolution and framerate of the PC version will be far superior. And I think even on GAF the DS2 community will be fairly strong, that will be enough to get by.

LordCanti

The PC version isn't day and date, right? If so, all the secrets and everything will be discovered already if I wait. I'll be double dipping PS3/PC (I hope they can get it working for CFW users on the PS3 for launch day...I'd rather not lose my CFW to play =/)

Top Bottom