• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polytron Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriken

I don't care where you stand on this matter, it is never okay to throw a temper tantrum by hacking and revealing private information because somebody doesn't see things your way.

I hope whoever did this faces real world consequences for this shit

Petrae

I'm not at all a fan or supporter of Phil, but this is several thousand miles over the line. I'm saddened by this whole "war" that's broken out over this past week. The Internet has lots of good uses and qualities-- but this? This is scary stuff and makes you want to just stay away for fear of treading on the "wrong" side of an issue or topic.

Hato-kun

qQL3tgF.png

omfg

Goddard

Crazy how these hackers are so fucking mad at people who want equality. As if caring about social injustices is just the worst thing ever.

Just playing devil's advocate here but their entire anti-SJW campaign seems to be centered around the perspective that it isn't for equality but is instead just for their own benefit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Phil Fish has kept himself in the public eye by being a dick on Twitter. He had to keep poking the bear.

Live by the sword...

Being a dick on twitter leaves you open to being harassed on twitter, sure. Release of personal information outside of twitter is escalation, though.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That's really fucked up. I never liked Phil Fish's attitude, but did he deserve something like this? Absolutely fucking not.

Sai-kun

Banned
Phil Fish has kept himself in the public eye by being a dick on Twitter. He had to keep poking the bear.

Live by the sword...

Yikes. He's a dick, sure, but I'm not sure that warrants this information being made public.

So they use it pejoratively?

95% of the time yes. If you see someone actively/seriously calling people out as "SJW" you can probably dismiss them and their opinions.

Just playing devil's advocate here but their entire anti-SJW campaign seems to be centered around the perspective that it isn't for equality but is instead just for their own benefit.

playing devils advocate here is like the least useful way you could be a part of this conversation

Aramiyo

Banned

Which it generally is. I've seen plenty of it and it all seems to be about hating anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I've seen enough TERFs to know they don't want equality.

Jeez. Is this related to the Quinn shitstorm? I'm not clear on why he's getting this much hate right now. I mean more than the normal amount he gets.

Edit: I guess it is. This is really shitty and I hope these guys get caught.

jackal27

Banned
Holy cow... I don't really like the guy, but nobody deserves this. This is just awful. Considered deleting a couple of my tweets after seeing this, but you know what? I stand by my word.

Goddard

I honestly hope some people go to jail over this. Nevermind "social justice", let's have some actual justice here.

They most certainly will. Dox is one thing but bank info, holy shit. That is so fucking stupid.

Don't. It won't end well.

Lol. I'm not playing that role in the thread just pointing out that his assumption runs directly contrary to what the 4chan extremists believe.

Orayn

Browsing some threads about this on /v/, they don't seem to know any more about it than we do. More people there are saying it's a false flag, of course, but it wasn't some kind of concerted effort by the board. 4chan does have mods and they do delete threads about doxxing, invasions, etc.

The way the message was written seems like a wink and a nod from someone who's definitely familiar with /v/, but that's about it.

Yeah but that's bullshit so I don't know why you'd bring it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom