• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

IronRinn

Today, Tuesday, May 16th at 12pm EST on Bottleneck: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark by Hans Woody.

hanswoodyindiana_1024x1024.jpg
24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 240, $50

Big Wazu

Picked up Indiana Jones from Bottleneck, my first purchase from them. Here's hoping we get more Indiana Jones prints/posters in the future.

Also, this was my first purchase from Bottleneck, and damn, was not expecting that shipping price!

IronRinn

There's just something slightly off about it. I think it's mostly the Bluto toy. Cool idea, though. And nice that it has credits.

Edit: He got Hoggle right, though!

LaneDS

I understand the reference, and it's cool but, yeah, just draw a 20-sided die, dammit!

I DIDN'T understand the reference so I'm glad you guys had this talk.

I DO NOT really like the print, sadly. It becomes more and more clear that Durieux is an artist who I sometimes really love (what up avatar pic) but often am just not really into. I though The Graduate one he did recently was great though.

IronRinn

I DO NOT really like the print, sadly. It becomes more and more clear that Durieux is an artist who I sometimes really love (what up avatar pic) but often am just not really into. I though The Graduate one he did recently was great though.
When he gets it right, there are few better. But, yeah, he seems to have more misses than hits, lately.

omgkitty

I see it as the difference between what he wants to do and what he's doing for the money. I'm noticing if he's not putting it out himself through something like Nautilus, chances are he doesn't have the passion for it. That seems to have been the case for the past 2 years or so. His fee has become very very high, so the only time people approach him now are for huge properties, and seeing what Nautilus releases, this is clearly not where his heart lies.

Luderico

How so? I'm unfamiliar.
Follow him on Facebook and you will notice. ;)

Really like the Labyrinth one. But don't care for the movie. And bummer with the mistake, would bug me too.
Always thought the qoutes on the Godfather were something from the studio, estate etc.
The quotes are the reason why i wouldn't buy them.
As for his recent output. Not a fan either. But really liked the Graduate and Gone with the Wind. Just not into the movies.
Biggest disappointment was the North by Northwest print. Man this is still bugging me.

LaneDS

I see it as the difference between what he wants to do and what he's doing for the money. I'm noticing if he's not putting it out himself through something like Nautilus, chances are he doesn't have the passion for it. That seems to have been the case for the past 2 years or so. His fee has become very very high, so the only time people approach him now are for huge properties, and seeing what Nautilus releases, this is clearly not where his heart lies.

That is probably a good guess to explain the rift in quality.

Follow him on Facebook and you will notice. ;)

Really like the Labyrinth one. But don't care for the movie. And bummer with the mistake, would bug me too.
Always thought the qoutes on the Godfather were something from the studio, estate etc.
The quotes are the reason why i wouldn't buy them.
As for his recent output. Not a fan either. But really liked the Graduate and Gone with the Wind. Just not into the movies.
Biggest disappointment was the North by Northwest print. Man this is still bugging me.

Yup, just check out his facebook and his brother's/anywhere they post. They come off as entitled babies.

I actually do follow him (but not his brother) on Facebook but hadn't noticed it prior; I'll probably see it now though, that y'all have pointed it out.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, May 25th on Mondo: NEVER GROW UP: Disney Show Online Release (Part 1)

Atlantis: The Lost Empire by Joe Dunn. 12" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 160, $50

A Bug's Life by Josh Holtsclaw. 24" x 18" screen print. Numbered edition of 235, $45

Bambi by Laurent Durieux. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 400, $80

Big Hero 6 by Ken Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 400, $60

ABig Hero 6 (Variant) by Ken Taylor. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 200, $85

Peter Pan by Tom Whalen. 36" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 410, $60

Peter Pan (Variant) by Ken Taylor. 36" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 205, $85

Pinocchio by Jessica Seamans. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 305, $45

Sleeping Beauty by Florian Bertmer. 36" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 290, $60

Snow White by James Flames. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 305, $60

Tron by Stan & Vince. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 305, $60

Tron: Legacy by Craig Drake. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 300, $55

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Most important release tomorrow, from Bottleneck:
BOB'S BURGERS PINS!
bobscombine_grande.png

Browny

Banned
Hoping to grab a Big Hero 6.

It will drop when I'm bathing the kids, so 6.15>7.15pm GMT, so around 10-11am Pacific. You're welcome

:-(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I know this thread mostly pertains to movie posters, but is there a good site dealing with concert/gig posters? I have a bunch from 10 years ago, but was looking to get some newer ones and all the old sites I used don't exist anymore.

Browny

Banned
C'mon... prints > clean children

Well of course I know that... If I can get them out and get the hairdryer on the go, I may be able to buy on my phone.

I do distinctly remember the Stout Guardians drop a couple of years back - tablet, computer and phone all on the go, eldest very happily watching Peppa Pig like it was going out of fashion. What a waste of time that was...

IronRinn

Tuesday, May 30th on Mondo: NEVER GROW UP: Disney Show Online Release (Part 2).

The Black Cauldron by Randy Ortiz. 36" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 255, $50

Fantasia by Becky Cloonan. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 330, $45

Fantasia (Variant) by Becky Cloonan. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $65

Gargoyles by Phantom City Creative. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 235, $45

Gravity Falls by Dave Perillo. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 255, $45

"Inner Workings" by Benson Shum. 16" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $45

The Rescuers by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 395, $60

The Rescuers (Variant) by Tom Whalen. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 205, $85

The Rocketeer by César Moreno. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 305, $50

The Rocketeer (Variant) by César Moreno. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $75

The Sword in the Stone by Oliver Barrett. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 350, $60

The Wind in the Willows by JC Richard. 36" x 12" screen print. Numbered edition of 280, $50

Top Bottom