• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
On sale now at Mondo:

QDGRqLZ.jpg

An Inconvenient Sequel: Truth to Power by Justin Santora
18"x24" Screen Print, Hand Numbered
Available from (8/7) through Wednesday (8/9) at MIDNIGHT (CST)
$40

IronRinn

Got my first few prints framed last week and they all look great, but I noticed one of them has a few small ripples in it. Like from a certain angle the print looks "wavy".

The framing job was done at a gallery and wasn't cheap so I was thinking of taking it back, but I'm wondering if it's because of the weather? I don't know much about this stuff, but it's been super hot the last few days here in California and it's been fairly humid.

I don't have like a climate controlled room or anything, they're just hanging in my home office, so if it is because of the weather there's not much I can do. Would it be wrong to just let it be? The "waves" aren't noticeable unless your face is right up to the glass looking at it from a certain angle.
It's due to the humidity. Paper swells and shrinks based on what the air is like around it. Unavoidable unless you want to get obsessive about climate control, unfortunately. I've had it happen to all sizes and kinds of prints and plenty that haven't been affected at all.

IronRinn

Friday, August 11th at 3pm BST (timed edition runs until Monday, August 14th at 3pm BST) on Black Dragon Press: Ran by João Ruas.

"Jiro" by João Ruas. 24" x 36" hand-pulled screen print. Numbered edition of 60, £120 (inc. shipping)

"Taro" by João Ruas. 36" x 27" hand-pulled screen print. Numbered edition of 40, £150 (inc. shipping)

"Saburo" by João Ruas. 24" x 36" hand-pulled screen print. Numbered timed edition, £75. One random order will receive an original Samurai drawing by João Ruas.

Also:

21 x 30 cm (approx). Gouache on archival paper. Signed and numbered edition of 3, £475 (inc. shipping)

IronRinn

Wednesday, August 9th at 10am PT on Thinkspace: "Spray" by Josh Keyes.

f7ce7469-b05f-4257-ad5f-1bad4d6f906f.jpg

16" x 20" giclee. Signed, numbered, and titled edition of 175, $250

Luderico

Friday, August 11th at 3pm BST (timed edition runs until Monday, August 14th at 3pm BST) on Black Dragon Press: Ran by João Ruas.

"Jiro" by João Ruas. 24" x 36" hand-pulled screen print. Numbered edition of 60, £120 (inc. shipping)

"Taro" by João Ruas. 36" x 27" hand-pulled screen print. Numbered edition of 40, £150 (inc. shipping)

"Saburo" by João Ruas. 24" x 36" hand-pulled screen print. Numbered timed edition, £75. One random order will receive an original Samurai drawing by João Ruas.

One of the most beautiful movie posters i laid my eyes on. Wow.
Will go for Jiro.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, August 10th on Mondo: San Diego Comic-Con Online Release (Part 1).

Usagi Yojimbo by Stan Sakai. 24" x 18" screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 175, $45

Contra by Eric Powell. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 225, $45

Rakka by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 175, $45

Beauty and the Beast (Variant) by Oliver Barrett. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 170, $80

Fjordson

It's due to the humidity. Paper swells and shrinks based on what the air is like around it. Unavoidable unless you want to get obsessive about climate control, unfortunately. I've had it happen to all sizes and kinds of prints and plenty that haven't been affected at all.
Interesting, yeah I'll probably just leave it then. It's barely noticeable and I don't really have a way to control that in my place. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't the frame shop fucking up.

IronRinn

Kevin Tong is gonna have his SDCC leftovers up today, August 10th, at a random time. As always, be careful F5-ing his site. You can be IP banned.

"Tithorea" 18" x 24" 8-color screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 120, $45

"Tithorea" (Variant) 18" x 24" 8-color screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 60, $80

"Jungle" 8" x 10" letterpress. $25

"Yosemite" 8" x 10" letterpress. $25

Ghost in the Shell 24" x 36" 9-color screen print with metallic inks. Signed and numbered AP edition, $55

Ghost in the Shell (Variant) 24" x 36" 9-color screen print with metallic inks. Signed and numbered AP edition, $65

Meier

I am so tempted try and buy the Ran tomorrow. $190 or whatever it was would definitely be a high for me for a non-second hand print but it's sooooo good. We shall see.

I have no clue the story behind that Tithorea print/character, but that is stunning.

ohkay

I am so tempted try and buy the Ran tomorrow. $190 or whatever it was would definitely be a high for me for a non-second hand print but it's sooooo good. We shall see.

I have no clue the story behind that Tithorea print/character, but that is stunning.
Well the price includes shipping which is nice, since their shipping is pretty pricey

IronRinn

Settled on "Jiro". Liked seeing more painting in "Taro" but just couldn't pass up that red.

Today, Friday August 11th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck: "Cartman Gets and Anal Probe" by Florey.

18' x 24' screen print. Numbered Edition of 275, $40

Meier

Not sure when the prints went on sale but when I did try and go buy one it was too late as I had a work thing that kept me busy for 5 hours. A shame but probably for the best at that price.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, August 14th on Mondo: San Diego Comic-Con Online Release (Part 2).

The VVitch (Variant) by Becky Cloonan. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $65

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (Variant) by Sachin Teng. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $65

Legion by Marc Aspinall. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $50

b3b0p

Oh man I would love to get that Castlevania 3 print, but it's just not jiving with me. Anyone else? Maybe I need to stare at it another day. I would love to get a sweet Castlevania print or few.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Pretty late about this, but Scott C put his SDCC stuff on line, as well as some nifty Twin Peaks pins: thescottcshop.com

LowRoller

Just got an update for the ramona flowers figure from mondo. Looks like it's shipping in October. They'll also throw in a enamel pin made exclusively for people who purchased the figure
8e8e23ee-1442-478c-a982-ade0e60a18f2.jpg

IronRinn

Today, Thursday, August 17 at 12pm ET on Bottleneck:

"A Night in Amsterdam" by Timothy Pittides. 16" x 20" screen print. Numbered edition of 80, $35

"A Night in Amsterdam" (Variant) by Timothy Pittides. 16" x 20" screen print. Numbered edition of 40, $45

The Ladykillers by Jonathan Burton. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 120, $40

The Ladykillers (Variant) by Jonathan Burton. 24" x 18" screen print. Numbered edition of 50, $50

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s “The Lost World” by Matt Ferguson. 19.6" x 27.5" screen print. Signed and numbered edition of 100, $50

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
These comments are appropriately brutal.

I hope Woodson doesn't feel like he invented the ripped shirt/superhero logo like he did with water towers and Daredevil.

Top Bottom