• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderzL

Banned

ehr I use

also garrett sis

mKwOs0Q9x3wje.webp

New Lorde song

200.gif

She's a clear example of an artist that took far too long between albums (a Nelly Furtado tea)
It's a shame cause I really enjoyed her first album, but so far; only Homemade Grenade caught my attention
Lorde is a one hit wonder, who sorta became big for a while when she first popped up, like many who came before her. Still not sure why Popgaf and Poptwitter care about her...that greenlight song is so mediocre.

But I agree with what you're saying. Album gaps is not an issue for talented singers, but when you're a "fad", that's not a wise choice.

rhandino

Banned
Lorde is a one hit wonder, who sorta became big for a while when she first popped up, like many who came before her. Still not sure why Popgaf and Poptwitter care about her...that greenlight song is so mediocre.
Pure Heroine is an incredible good and well thought album with many chill songs.

I love her new material and how it shows her growth to be honest... but I am not so sure that the GP is going to be here for her once again.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Royals is an incredible good and well thought album with many chill songs.

I love her new material and how it shows her growth to be honest... but I am not so sure that the GP is going to be here for her once again.
It's Pure Heroine sis 🙄

DOWN

Banned

But I agree with what you're saying. Album gaps is not an issue for talented singers, but when you're a "fad", that's not a wise choice.
Pure Heroine is an excellent album tbh

Love Club is quite interesting once she added the lyrical sequel White Teeth Teens (which cedes beautifully into a cinematic chorus) as well. And my favorite of all her songs is 400 Lux - the girl just has excellent lyricism and the production vision for Pure Heroine was unusually coherent.

Finally listened to Cut To The Feeling and I think I liked it more than anything on E-MO-TION honestly.

Not that comparing it is required, but so many people here were hating on it. Like. Why

Wow throwing shade at Lorde I love pure heroine and everything I've heard from Melodrama.

The Flop

Banned
Down will be out in a few hours.

Let me get ready to get the iTunes stats measured.

giphy.gif

Also those calling Camila a flop are funny. Shes almost top 25 on Radio. Stabilized into the top 50 on itunes us (Top 10 in UK), and growing. Bigger than Katy's song on both formats.

Y'all do the mosT.

MANUELF

Banned
Down will be out in a few hours.

Let me get ready to get the iTunes stats measured.

giphy.gif

Also those calling Camila a flop are funny. Shes almost top 25 on Radio. Stabilized into the top 50 on itunes us (Top 10 in UK), and growing. Bigger than Katy's song on both formats.

Y'all do the mosT.
Is that supposed to make the song a hit? We all know you dont come for Taylord and live to count it
careerwise

Vazduh

The Flop, I hope you haven't cancelled that Chaturbate account yet! The girls are going to need all your support 🥐

rhandino

Banned
Is that supposed to make the song a hit? We all know you dont come for Taylord and live to count it
careerwise
Since both Camilla and Lorde are underperforming it also seems that there is nothing of value by being a """"friend""" of that viper so...

h6B4EsY.gif

MrS

Banned
When is Lil B gonna drop Black Ken though? Fuck Haim and Lorde, this is the summer album we need.

Mau ®

I really doubt Lorde is going for mainstream success. Sure, she is accesible but she doesn't seem desperate for her songs to be major hits. Unlike the way Gaga and Katy behave with their singles (multiple promo slots, discounts, remixes, etc).

Vazduh

RIP Garrett Hawke

Down is a BOP.

Let me leave my wig over there.

It's a lesser Work From Home, tbh.

They had a chance to upstage the baby snake, but they messed up. The video will surely be good, but I don't see myself warming up to this.

xmxlJMk.gif

Lord, not me defending Fergie's honor in OT.

REAuBky.gif

You were right, tbh. will is petty as fuck, comparing Fergie to guest vocalists. LOL

ToTi

Sooo hopeless fountain kingdom (Halsey) is out. The only decent single she put out was Strangers (ok maybe Now or never too) so I was a bit scared about the overall quality of the album, but I think it's good!
If someone is interested in listening to some songs I recommend Heaven in hiding, Sorry, Strangers and Devil in me.

The Flop

Banned
Down is a BOP, y'all can seethe. It will grow on you though. It's ok.

It's got summer song written all over it!

image.php

EDIT:

My Promo has started. WORKing on the Overwatch community right now:

tfdbCwx.jpg

rhandino

Banned
Having a relationship with a person of the other gender does not mean that a bi person decided to go str8 tho, just saying...

Having said that... Has any of these girls and bois that have come out as Bi showed any interest in people of their same gender beyond lip service? I feel like all the time I hear someone famous coming out as bi is almost always them talking about them having experiences in the past
when they weren't famous

idk, always feel like Bi is a tool for them to try to pander to the LGBTQ+ comms

REAuBky.gif

DOWN

Banned
Having a relationship with a person of the other gender does not mean that a bi person decided to go str8 tho, just saying...

Having said that... Has any of these girls and bois that have come out as Bi showed any interest in people of their same gender beyond lip service? I feel like all the time I hear someone famous coming out as bi is almost always them talking about them having experiences in the past
when they weren't famous

idk, always feel like Bi is a tool for them to try to pander to the LGBTQ+ comms

REAuBky.gif
You're right tbh. I don't know of any celebs who have said they were bi or pan that actually ended up displaying relationships with other genders besides the opposite of theirs

Miley, Gaga, etc

They say it but don't display it

Eh it's fine I guess. At least they seem genuine about giving positive attention the LGBTQIA+ cause
Well, at least DOWN has a song named after him.

a7sRkbF.png
i dont deserve this

You're right tbh. I don't know of any celebs who have said they were bi or pan that actually ended up displaying relationships with other genders besides the opposite of theirs

Miley, Gaga, etc

They say it but don't display it

Eh it's fine I guess. At least they seem genuine about giving positive attention the LGBTQIA+ cause

i dont deserve this

Umm are you forgetting the time miley fingered Stella maxwell in the middle of the street?

Meowster

Lesbian Lauren will be the one to have a big breakthrough of the Fifth Hews. She's already nailing the low grade Amy Winehouse Frank era look and is the best singer of the bunch.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Iggy album now has no release date after the leak. I mean its out already just put that shit on iTunes and fade into obscurity already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom