• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mau ®;242002888 said:
Oh hush. 2017 has been fantastic for music. Just this month alone has been legendary for releases. I can't keep up.

You can already tell Taylegend will serve indie pop.

2017 is alright, not amazing at all tho. 2013 remains unbothered.

It served us Dua Lipa so that's good, a cute (but overhyped) album from Lorde and Katy's Flop Era so that's alright I guess

Also Gaga's SuperBowl so that's a slay

But ugh at the thought of TayShit being the saviour of pop gurls

gret44.gif

Meowster

I got two of my favorite albums ever from 2014 (I Never Learn and Ultraviolence) but 2015 and 2016 sucked hard aside from a few gems.

Mau ®

I refuse this slandering. 2015 gave us Tame Impala's Currents and Grime's ART ANGELS.

2016 gave us ANTi, Life of Pablo and Blonde.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
2017 gave us Number 1 Angel, H.E.R Vol 2 and Dua Lipa. St. Vincent will probably deliver another slay this year so 2017 is good for me. The only bummer is V V Brown retiring.

2016 gave me Lemonade, Joanne, Starboy, ANTi, Ology... it has a place in ma heart.

Also I think people like this Dua Lupa album so much because it's basically "Loud"

Vazra

Also I think people like this Dua Lipa album so much because it's basically "Loud"

I like it because its perfect for the season it was released. It simply feels right and doesnt try being a super meaningful album like lots try to do these days. Vocally she has a distinctive tone and has potential for growth. Also for a debut album its pretty solid.

DOWN

Banned
I only just noticed Dua Lipa is featured on a couple songs in my library, My Love being the best bop she’s involved with after sampling her music imo

2016 gave me Lemonade, Joanne, Starboy, ANTi, Ology... it has a place in ma heart.

Also I think people like this Dua Lupa album so much because it's basically "Loud"

Agreed, 2016 was good! Also with Dua Lipa, it shows potential. She has a handful of bops on the album with Be The One to IDGAF for instance. It's a little something new that shows promise while also delivering good music currently.

No Lie and Scared To be Lonely are more memorable collabs imo

The way No Lie goes off

RziOcsT.gif

DOWN

Banned
No Lie and Scared To be Lonely are more memorable collabs imo
Scared to be Lonely is fine but the lyrics and pacing are like a broadway monologue cheese

No Lie is the Sean Paul one right? I never could look at him the same after that Rockabye song that took it upon itself to introduce itself as a single moms anthem using the example of a prostitute via Anne Marie

Vazra

Scared to be Lonely is fine but the lyrics and pacing are like a broadway monologue cheese

No Lie is the Sean Paul one right? I never could look at him the same after that Rockabye song that took it upon itself to introduce itself as a single moms anthem using the example of a prostitute via Anne Marie

Yup. that's his.

Vazduh

wait wha...

yW3ls3V.gif

Never paid attention to those lyrics, but I see it now

Little Mons†er;242048208 said:
Katy's thurD week sales ~2k

Lyw5NRW.gif

MANUELF

Banned
Little Mons†er;242048208 said:
Katy's thurD week sales ~2k

Slay!! When will your fave?

LVh8aGa.gif
Everyone could see her flopping this time around, the music is TRASH and she tried it against America sweetheart, poor her

NeoRaider

One, don't pick up the phone
You know he's only calling 'cause he's drunk and alone

5VRml3D.gif

Two, don't let him in
You'll have to kick him out again

5VRml3D.gif

Three, don't be his friend
You know you're gonna wake up in his bed in the morning
And if you're under him, you ain't getting over him

5VRml3D.gif

I got new rules, I count 'em

ubq00.gif

I gotta tell them to myself

ubq00.gif

I gotta tell them to myself

H5Z5OKv.gif

rhandino

Banned
giphy.gif

Nooooo

Streaming killed the pop gurhls
We need a "Video killed the Radio Star" song for the new generation~

Video killed the radio star
In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Pictures came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on VCR

Timeless

Lyw5NRW.gif

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
We need a "Video killed the Radio Star" song for the new generation~

In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind we've gone too far
Pictures came and broke your heart
Put down the blame on VCR

Timeless

Lyw5NRW.gif
I don't understand why video would kill the radio star? Wouldn't something like the iPod, iPhone or Apple Music be more likely to kill the radio star? Because you don't have to listen to the radio? And before that there was CDs, Tapes, 8-tracks?

Mau ®

Now that Rihanna is getting good billionaire Arab D and she's happy, I wonder if her next album will be a RAY OF LIGHT?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
New nick jonas is good
sounds super familiar though

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Found this great remix of Touch My Body by random, apparently Camilla mentioned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvKUHlDiWU0&ab_channel=eersteklasvirtuoos

2017 redeemed

bEzGR0.gif

Fucking love shit like this
Reminds me of the burns remix of Marina and the Diamonds - Primadonna

Thanks to everyone's contributions, this week's playlists are now live. The voting poll will go up tomorrow
maybe

Main Playlist: Spotify / Youtube
Music Video Playlist

Full poll results

Ready for the video slayage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom