• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintZ

Hilary was pitching a reality show about her dating life that's why she made that video but it backfired since the fans hated the original MV and no network was interested in her show.

Vazduh

Cults are back with a new single, Offering.

Does anyone care at this point? The debut was good, the followup less so, and this single sounds... eh. Okay, I guess. Pleasant enough.

Hilary was pitching a reality show about her dating life that's why she made that video but it backfired since the fans hated the original MV and no network was interested in her show.

She has such a boring personality, no wonder it didn't take off.

In other news, Iggy won't release any more singles from Digital Distortion, despite the Azealia feature (that may or may not happen?). So it seems that Interscope will just release it quietly and leave it to die.

Decarabia

Winners for Week 9:
Main playlist
  1. Supercut - Lorde
    Artpop - Lady Gaga
  2. It's Not Right But It's Okay (Thunderpuss Remix) - Whitney Houston
  3. The Louvre - Lorde
    Disturbia - Rihanna
    Roulette - Katy Perry
    New Rules - Dua Lipa
MV playlist
  1. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
  2. All Is Full Of Love - Björk
  3. Bedtime Story - Madonna
Full results if you wanna see gems such as
I was surprised to see the mixed reception for this one... and then I wasn't.

Further proof of a deep generational chasm that divides ATRL into two camps; the twentysomething pop sophisticates with 15 to 20 years of top-shelf pop consumption to their name, and an unruly kid crew with Scream Queens avatars and tributes to Nick Jonas in their signatures. It's not that the latter generation is a lost cause entirely, but they've clearly never heard a "Britney" — that is, they've never encountered a voice quite as distinctive as Britney's. "But I know Britney! Circus was the first album I bought!" First off, ask for a refund. And no, you don't know Britney, you know a very stilted and subdued version of the iconic performer.

The Britney of "Private Show" is Britney as Britney is intended to sound. She very skillfully vacillates between a range of tones; she nasally, then guttural, then grainy, then nasally again, then delicate. (And yes, that's how she's supposed to do it.) She's sultry. She's goofy. She's sounds slightly absurd. She's fully engaged. She's expressive in ways that "technically superior" vocalists just aren't. She is brilliant. You have no idea how brilliant she is.

This is the probably purest attempt Britney has made to harness some of that ineffable charm that made her early work so irresistible. I adore it.

Agram

Winners for Week 9:
1. Artpop - Lady Gaga
evBSNN7.gif

llehuty

Cancel bop of the week, tbh. Why bother nominating good tunes if trash is going to get to first place (I don't care if it's just for the kiis or seriously). The poll for the shady posts can stay, but I don't see the point of nominating and voting.

A shame, because Decarabia is doing a great effort making them with the images, gifs and everything.

Koodo

Banned
The disturbing thing about stephane reaching any visible charting position (in fan polls only) in the Year 2017 is that you know it's not gays having a cackle but monsturds actually genuinely believing trash deserves to float to the top.

Sad.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Cancel bop of the week, tbh. Why bother nominating good tunes if trash is going to get to first place (I don't care if it's just for the kiis or seriously). The poll for the shady posts can stay, but I don't see the point of nominating and voting.

A shame, because Decarabia is doing a great effort making them with the images, gifs and everything.
Uh maybe people just like it?
The one chart Gaga can still top.

Seriously, how is this happening? There has to be some electoral college style fuckery going on with these results.
I mean what's so hard to believe about this?

Maybe people actually enjoy Stef's music and are just being hateful little gremlins on here as a front. I don't think even I voted for it. Lmao

Decarabia

Don't let the results bother you too much, the main objective of bop of the week for me is to help people discover new songs that would otherwise be lost in the thread, the rest is just a bonus.

In case you're curious tho, [redacted]pop won because four voters voted exclusively for it.

L7Hl5Ta.gif

i'm sorry i just
I-
Love + Summer Bummer + Groupie Love..... Ultraviolence is fucking shook
ughhhhhh
https://i.imgur.com/sZ7GaNH.gif[/IMG

Notice me
It's so sweet
Swingin' to the beat
When I know that you're doing it all for me
And every time you look up
I know what you're thinking of
I know what you're thinking of
[IMG]https://i.giphy.com/media/t4EglXkPLhaGA/giphy.webp

evolve9

On a more happier note

Bjorksus taking 2 spots on this list.

pZpb8_s-200x150.gif

Nice to see people appreciating the one true Bgöd.
tumblr_mrsnv6jbz01rql8syo1_500.gif

On another note, from the poll:
Lorde is an untalented Bjork
Lol, but not true at all. Of course Lorde doesn't have an ounce of Bgöd's talent, but then, neither do other mortals. But they are stylistically worlds apart to be comparable. I can't really see The Godesses influence in Lorde's minimalist production or her voice.
definitely NOT a Mariah/Arianna tea

WonderzL

Banned
I was one of the posters who voted for ARTPOP for the kiis but also because it's a great song (I didn't know I could vote for more than one. Would have voted for Supercut). I tucking love everything about the song, lol. It is so fucking postmodern and I love that is actually talks about the current state of art (and pop culture)

tumblr_mydq2v5bCn1s1i747o1_500.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Haim's new album sounds like music you would play at Foldgers coffee commercials or erectile dysfunction commercials.

Majmun

Britney's singing is....cute. I'm sure she'd make it past X-factor audition because of her looks. But she'd get eliminated during bootcamp.

Vazduh

Hours after the New York Times Magazine published a profile on Kesha, Dr. Luke’s lawyer released a lengthy statement in response.

“The New York Times Magazine profile piece that ran today unfortunately has many inaccuracies.

This article is part of a continuing coordinated press campaign by Kesha to mislead the public, mischaracterize what has transpired over the last two years, and gain unwarranted sympathy.

Kesha filed a shock and awe complaint of alleged abuse against Luke Gottwald in 2014 — for contract negotiation leverage. It backfired.

She never intended to prove her claims. She has voluntarily withdrawn her California complaint, after having her counterclaims in New York for alleged abuse dismissed.

Nevertheless, she continues to maliciously level false accusations in the press to attack our client.

The reality is that for well over two years, Kesha chose—and it was entirely her choice—not to provide her label with any music.

Kesha was always free to move forward with her music, and an album could have been released long ago had she done so.

She exiled herself.

It was not until months after the denial of her injunction motion – for the first time in June and July 2016–that Kesha started to provide the label with music.

She provided 22 recordings created without any label consultation which were not in compliance with her contract, were in various stages of development, and which Kesha’s own team acknowledged needed work. Then, and for the last several months, the label has been in discussions with Kesha and her team to choose the best music, create additional music, and work on the tracks created.

A&R representatives of both Kemosabe and RCA have provided Kesha with detailed feedback in writing and in person on the tracks she provided to help her further develop the material. Kesha has also agreed with Kemosabe and RCA on a list of producers who will work with her on these tracks, a studio has been reserved for these sessions, and a budget for certain work provided.

The creation of an album is a process, however what has clearly been communicated is that the aim is for a release date as early as possible. It is in the economic best interest of the label and Mr. Gottwald to put out a top selling album, and that takes time. In fact, the label suggested an early release of an advance Kesha track. It was Kesha’s team who rejected this proposal.

Kesha’s claim in the article that she has no ability to earn money outside of touring is completely rebutted by well documented public court records which apparently escaped the article’s attention.

source

200.gif

Brooke Candy - Volcano

She's back to her old image and is no longer with RCA. Ngl, I missed this trainwreck. Sony wanting to turn her into a pop singer never felt right tbh.

Better than those Sia-penned tracks. Obviously that album is now canned, but judging by Kylie's Kiss Me Once, it's not a huge loss.

Omg sistern, I just got Lady Gaga tickets to see her live for the first time ever in October for my birthday!

Finally after all these years I finally get to see my fave live!

So so so excited :D

pZpb8_s-200x150.gif

WonderzL

Banned
Little Mons†er;242998422 said:
Omg sistern, I just got Lady Gaga tickets to see her live for the first time ever in October for my birthday!

pZpb8_s-200x150.gif

SLAY JOANNE

pZpb8_s-200x150.gif

ToTi

Little Mons†er;242998422 said:

pZpb8_s-200x150.gif

Nice! How did you find them that late, here it was sold out in 5 minutes.

Frodo

Nice to see people appreciating the one true Bgöd.
tumblr_mrsnv6jbz01rql8syo1_500.gif

On another note, from the poll:

Lol, but not true at all. Of course Lorde doesn't have an ounce of Bgöd's talent, but then, neither do other mortals. But they are stylistically worlds apart to be comparable. I can't really see The Godesses influence in Lorde's minimalist production or her voice.
definitely NOT a Mariah/Arianna tea

tumblr_ocw3uiejO81rwdw1wo5_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom